Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What do you think about Ulduar?

According to rumors, Ulduar will be harder than Pre-nerf Sunwell.I really want to see some good effective fight , different type of bosses , and of course a HUUUGE Titan boss.And also its time to make some serious pve after ezy more Naxx - sartharion(disincluding 3 drake alive fight).Lets wait and see... and show your comments.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What do you think about Ulduar?

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    According to rumors, Ulduar will be harder than Pre-nerf Sunwell.
    I'm sorry, this is more then likely complete and utter bullshit. Why on earth would they do that. It's like releasing Black Temple after Karazhan or something. I dont expect Ulduar to be a loot pinata like naxx is atm, but it wont even come close to pre-nerf sunwell.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

"According to rumors, Ulduar will be harder than Pre-nerf Sunwell."

Whatever drugs your taking can I please have some. Or were you purposely making an unbased comment to make sure you got replys ?

Anyway.

Blue posts have stated Ulduar will be harder than naxx yes. However, they have also stated that their stance on raiding is to make all content accesible to the majority of players.

They're will therefore most likely be no more Sunwell/origional naxx difficulty level dungeons. Blue Posts have stated they're will instead be more bosses like sarth with "hard mode's" available for extra rewards/loot.

Imho these "hard modes" could quite possible be SOME of the bosses in large raid dungeons like Ulduar as well as single boss dungeons like sarth/malygos.

Imho the days of content only <5% of the WoW population will see pre nerf/lvl cap increase are over.

im interested to see what will happen to Thorim ...Veranus ( his proto drake) will be a boss most likely...and i Really hope that a boss fight will take place under engine of the makers as you can see some stuff below it..dunno if loken will comeback and im pretty sure yagg-saron will be final boss..
    regarding difficulty ..as the above poster said it wont be hard as "pre-nerf" sunwell thats a massive jump

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deionara

They're will therefore most likely be no more Sunwell/origional naxx difficulty level dungeons. Blue Posts have stated they're will instead be more bosses like sarth with "hard mode's" available for extra rewards/loot.

Imho these "hard modes" could quite possible be SOME of the bosses in large raid dungeons like Ulduar as well as single boss dungeons like sarth/malygos.

Imho the days of content only <5% of the WoW population will see pre nerf/lvl cap increase are over.
    Not neccesarily a bad thing tbh, I like the way they are going through with this. It will allow most players to experience said content, but will also have options for the hardcore guilds to get more and better loot. All the players saying "lol achievements" are just incredibly retarded, they don't even consider the fact that besides the achievements there is also more and better loot involved.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Actually you are right, but at least it will be good to have some fights which you wont be able to success in 2-3 tries or maximum 1 day.(I also wanted naxxramas to be hard and requires a lot of craft items-heroic items before enter.. )

And im not sure Yogg-Saron will be last boss because lots of quest in Grizzly Hills and wowwiki says Yogg-saron residing underneath the Fallen World tree in Grizzly hills.

I thought blizzard said they were satisfied with the difficulty and state SW was when it was released post-nerf?

And im not sure Yogg-Saron will be last boss because lots of quest in Grizzly Hills and wowwiki says Yogg-saron residing underneath the Fallen World tree in Grizzly hills.
    Yeah, Yogg wont be the end boss. I definitley see him being the Kil'Jaeden of WOTLK. The boss after arthas, like KJ was to illidan.

Im pretty pumped about ulduar overall though.

imo Ulduar will be the SSC/TK from WotLK. And there still is our "mystery" dungeon ,which us also should prepare
    for Icecrown Citadel , which i think will be the 1st true hard instance. But i guess only time will tell.
    Let's wait and see what Blizz got for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabal
    Yeah, Yogg wont be the end boss. I definitley see him being the Kil'Jaeden of WOTLK. The boss after arthas, like KJ was to illidan.
    No they said this time they were making IC the last raid, to make Arthas feel like the big boss guy, because they kinda messed that up with Illidan. Thus came the whole: Arthas is in a lot of quest lines, and he's always pretty uber, now he's THE end big boss guy for WotLK.

And isn't the "mystery dungeon" gonna be you know the huge temple in Zul'Drak? Atleast I read somewhere another troll thing was coming in.. What with hearing all about Ice Trolls and stuff and so far having seen mostly undead ones..

In my opinion now that there are no attunements all raid content is available to everybody. So making raid content really easy so that the player base can experience it dosnt make sense because they already can. Alot of people make it sound like raiding can only be done by rocket scientists and complain about that. The end result being, now its being designed so that toddlers with a keyboard could clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    I'm sorry, this is more then likely complete and utter bullshit. Why on earth would they do that. It's like releasing Black Temple after Karazhan or something. I dont expect Ulduar to be a loot pinata like naxx is atm, but it wont even come close to pre-nerf sunwell.
    Lol Loot pinata Lol

This made my day.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Deleted

What I think is based off the quests from Grizzly Hills and especially Storm Peaks. After having done the quests in both zones, I think the Old God Yogg-Saron will be the final boss. At a point when you have to face Loken at Temple of Wisdom with Thorim you see "tentacles" around that temple, similiar to those of C'Thun. I remember Loken saying that Thorim is no match for him cause Loken is near where his master's power are very strong. Also another quest line when you have to verify where the watchers of the temples are, all of them were absent. I think the bosses in Ulduar are the watchers themselves. Like the corrupted fulborgs in Grizzly Hills, the Old God might have corrupted the watchers too. I would like to note that the word "Corruption" might not be the word for this, but I don't know another word for it.

The trash mobs in there are probaly Iron Dwarves and Mecha gnomes. Maybe the Facless ones too, the ones underneath Icecrown Citadel? And some of the Iron Vrykuls too. And since the Old God Yogg-Saron is "hiding" underground, I think when we face it, it will be a room that is collapsed or very damaged. Maybe Loken will make a come back in there, maybe the Old God has revived him in another form. And probably Thorim himself too. We have yet to learn what has happened with him after Loken took him in. Probably another boss. And maybe another boss like in BT, the Reliquary of Souls? I was thinking about the event in HoS when you have to protect that dwarf while he is trying to open the data bank and get attacked by those three faces.

I'm looking forward to this instance. It must be huge inside, very huge. This is what I think about this Ulduar instance. About difficulty I have no comments.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEmperor
    At a point when you have to face Loken at Temple of Wisdom with Thorim you see "tentacles" around that temple, similiar to those of C'Thun.
    There's a large difference between roots and tentacles. Good try though.

Ulduar is supposed to be one tier up in difficulty above Naxxramas. Think of Naxx as Gruul + Magtheridon + Karazhan. SSC + TK (after all the nerfs) is Ulduar. It will be slightly challenging but not really. Nothing like Sunwell.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

WTB 40 man raid option for Northrend raids...
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    calm down, are you the authority on raids or something? Have an open mind to the possibilities of actual CHALLENGING content in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola
    WTB 40 man raid option for Northrend raids...
    I'm sure you'll find a group for 4 days a wekk...

Don't forget that they plan to do 10 et 25man of each raid instances so I would expect 10man Ulduar to be easy (but not puggable) and 25man Ulduar would be the big deal with better challenges (and better loots), that would be great.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser
    I'm sure you'll find a group for 4 days a wekk...
    Probably not, but that would certainly make those epics in there "epic" because guilds won't be able to farm raids. And with a 40 man option, the encounters from trash to bosses to events would be significantly harder.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Since 25 man is easier than 10 man, 40 man would just be a loljoke more than 25 is atm. Maybe thats why you want it. *shrugs*