Backdraft Bug - Maybe?

I think I have noticed a bug with Backdraft:-

When you have backdraft and you cast and instant cast it does not reduce the number of charges which seems to be the way the spell works.

However if Nightfall procs at the same time (the Glyphed version) that makes your shadow bolt instant it seems to consume a charge. I think I came accross this last night but forgot to test it further.

Anyone else had this - Surely instant casts shouldn't consume a backdraft charge ?

BUG maybe?

Re: Backdraft Bug - Maybe?

no they do. the talent specifically states the next 3 destruction spells. and an instant sb is still a destruction spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Sorry think your missing the point. How can you get a 20% increase on haste with a instant cast spell? Instant Sbolts should not use a proc of backdraft as its not increasing the haste of a spell!

But yeah ofcourse curses been affliction wouldn't proc it anyway. so point taken. Anyone know if Shadowfury consumes a charge?

I have never had Shadowfury consume a charge, so I suppose SF does not count as a destrospell :SSSSSS
    8 weeks ban for repeated violation of the signature guidelines.

I think that proves that the Backdraft is slightly bugged. Either Shadowfury and Instant Sbolt should consume a charge or neither of them should consume a charge.

Thanks for the feedback - I will log with Blizzard.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

It probably just looks at the Base of every Destro spell. Shadow Fury base is instant, Shadow Bolt base is 3 seconds. And will take off a charge accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Prideaux
    Sorry think your missing the point. How can you get a 20% increase on haste with a instant cast spell? Instant Sbolts should not use a proc of backdraft as its not increasing the haste of a spell!

But yeah ofcourse curses been affliction wouldn't proc it anyway. so point taken. Anyone know if Shadowfury consumes a charge?
    The global cooldown? (in before the next patch post)
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

I agree with sharkee.

The thing is that the game still take the instant SB as a 3 sec cast (no matter if you have Bane or Nightfall proc). The proof is in it's damage. The coefficient of SB remains as if it was a 3 sec cast (no matter if you have Bane or Nightfall) while shadowfury is by it's nature an instant cast.
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    The global cooldown?
    I'd go with that.

Sorry for not understanding the grasp of the above posts. However when Nightfall procs the shadow bolt becomes instant. Therefore shouldn't consume a backdraft charge?

nightfall proc doesn't make your shadow bolt an instant cast. it reduces its cast time by 100%. but but i see it as instant, no it isn't!. blizz should change it to 99% so people like you could see a very short cast time and be like ooo this not be instant. same goes with backlash, which also consumes a backdraft charge

Ah I see what you mean. Instant cast and time reduced by 100% is different. Thats a bit silly really. I would have thought the same effect would of applied. But oh well

Thanks for explaining

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    The global cooldown? (in before the next patch post)
    Could be but the GCD currently isn't affected by Backdraft yet =( That's why you'd see clipping of spells like Immolate when you cast under Backdraft - The spell's cast time is faster than your GCD so you actually have to wait til your GCD (After normal haste) passes before the next spell can be cast. There was a blue post somewhere saying they were working on fixing it so that Backdraft provided proper spell haste ie. reduced GCD and cast time rather than just casting speed of a spell.

i dont understand why your complaining so much, its changing next patch to global cooldowns and even if it didnt its not like your losing dps at all.