Page 1 of 3
LastLast

To all those saying Holy Pala healing sucks

The holy paladin is not a 2 button healing class anymore.
    If you try to heal with fol and hl only, chances are you will suck.

I respecced holy yesterday. I used to play holy in the past but since 3.0 I had respecced to prot. As a tank I've done many heroics and done all but a couple of achievements. I've been healed by all healing classes with great success but holy palas. Everytime I went with a holy pala healer, it was a mess. Even though gear was great, we wiped a lot.

So I tried to give it a go myself and check things up.
    I healed all of the heroics yesterday as a holy spec (51/0/20) and all I can say is that it is amazing.

I fell in love with Sacred Shield. This is our most amazing heal. This in combination with beacon and shocks allows to group heal effectively and efficiently.

Mana is a no issue. Divine plea ticking for 1k mana. Its lovely. Never dropped below 60% mana. Never had to drink.

I healed in mostly blues (only epics being t7 chest, some bracers from nax10, badges shield, rep head from argent crusade, and badges libram). Gear optimized mostly for Intellect and spellhaste. I healed warrior tanks, druid tanks, and dk tanks. Some overgeared, some undergeared (even with greens). Did cool in all cases.

At the end of the day all I can say is that holy healing is imba for dungeons/heroics. Most holy paladins out there plain and simple suck and dont know how to use their spells.

Holy shock and Sacred Shield are godly. Dont waste them. Always keep beacon on ur tank. Make some mouseover macros or get clique + some nice unitframes.

cheers and l2p.

Re: To all those saying Holy Pala healing sucks

well, i play a holy by myself and I agree with you.

But to keep beacon all the time could be a waist of mana on an encounter which do not created dmg on other out of your group

but you're right, times in which we have been fol spamer are gone and that is a great thing

Deleted

Holy paladins is easily best single target / few target healer in the game atm, other healers only shine when they have to heal 5+ people. And it's also the best arena healer right now. Might change when other healers can start stacking resilience without gimping themselves to ground with S4 gear, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrah

Mana is a no issue. Divine plea ticking for 1k mana. Its lovely. Never dropped below 60% mana. Never had to drink.
    Spam ur button more

Quote Originally Posted by kyokusanagi
    Spam ur button more
    What's wrong with that? Idiot...

Deleted

As a tank I've done many heroics and done all but a couple of achievements. I've been healed by all healing classes with great success but holy palas. Everytime I went with a holy pala healer, it was a mess.
    I have quite the opposite myself. Whenever I've been doing erotics and have had a holy paladin healing us we have not had a single wipe, except yesterday when we had a retridin who had just respecced to holy.. But really, if the healer knows his tools then holy paladins are very, very good in erotics.

holy paladins are probably the most OP healers in the game.

stack int/crit. get half decent SP.

its unreal. i'm at 20k mana unbuffed, only see the military wing of nax, too.

I fell in love with Sacred Shield. This is our most amazing heal.
    Did anyone else stop reading after this?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malice83
    What? Erotics? You are gay.
    How can someone be gay for writing that? You wrote that too and must be with your theory gay also

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Malice83
    What? Erotics? You are gay.
    It's a "nickname" for heroics. I apologize if it is too difficult a concept for you to comprehend Oh, and yes, living in a lesbian relationship does often mean either one or both of the participants are gay. You must be really proud of yourself having finally understood that

Stack Spellpower + use Fol+Shock in raid >> other healer

HL is waste of time coz 80%+ is overheal (17k+ crits normal)
    Fol in combination with shock is the winner! with a lot of spellpower FoL crits for almost 7-9k und shock a bit more (raidenviroment ofc)
    if you get all avaible gear with Crit,haste and Spell on it, you can reach almost 700haste, 750crit und 2900spell raidbuffed.

edith: if we would NOT be best arena healer atm, plate would be worthless! there must be a advantage of plate against strong melees who twoshot clothies ^^
    waiting for resilence-balance.....

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    It's a "nickname" for heroics. I apologize if it is too difficult a concept for you to comprehend Oh, and yes, living in a lesbian relationship does often mean either one or both of the participants are gay. You must be really proud of yourself having finally understood that
    you're gay... that's great.

however, you do not need to shove your cute words that you made up to represent heroics onto everyone else here.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jaykco
    however, you do not need to shove your cute words that you made up to represent heroics onto everyone else here.
    I am not trying to shove them to others, really. I am just calling them the same as I always call them. No need to get personally offended about.

Quote Originally Posted by Majokin
    HL is waste of time coz 80%+ is overheal (17k+ crits normal)
    Fol in combination with shock is the winner! with a lot of spellpower FoL crits for almost 7-9k und shock a bit more (raidenviroment ofc)
    This is bad advice.

Despite our improved arsenal of raid healing tools, a Paladin is still primarily responsible for keeping up the tank. Good tanks are running around in 25-mans with 40k HP. The high end average FoL for most Pallies will be about 4k. Healing your tank for 1/10th of his life is completely pointless.

Further, anyone who tells you Pally overhealing is bad is an idiot. With all the haste we have now, the only reason to be casting FoL is mana conservation. And even that is obsolete when you can stack Int and Crit and chain HL to your heart's content.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I recently converted my lil ret pally alt to holy at 73, grinded to 80 as such. I'm looking forward to learning the goodness that lies in holy through some alt heroic runs and backup healer 10 man stuff. Already I see the amazing possiblities they have with Sacred Shield, Holyshock, and the VERY imba plea!

All my guildy healers are commenting on the 'ease' of healing(none are pallies however), and all I have heard on various forums is that pallies are 'hard' but I fail to see how that come about with such abilities they have been given. I guess a part of me is looking for that hard mode :P.

15+ Year Old Account

holy is perfectly fine now. Even with JoL being moved into our overall healing is nice too (it even was blizz's way to shut the pally QQ up but still people QQ...).

I top all healing charts currently (which will change once my guild does T8, i know it (it did when we did t5 and t6) and last night I pared with a resto druid in a naxx run. We tied in healing doing 43.1% and 42.9% for the Sapph fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Proffessor
    All my guildy healers are commenting on the 'ease' of healing(none are pallies however), and all I have heard on various forums is that pallies are 'hard' but I fail to see how that come about with such abilities they have been given. I guess a part of me is looking for that hard mode :P.
    I wouldn't say that Pally healing is "hard" while other healing is "easy". I'd say that Pally healing is a bit more complex while the rest is more simple. As a Pally, there's a lot to keep track of and a good deal less room for error. You have to know when to use what and who to heal when to maximize your effectiveness.

It's not hard... It's "challenging".
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jaykco
    you're gay... that's great.

You start a sentence with a capital letter. You do not need to shove your bad grammar onto everyone here.

The holy paladin is not a 2 button healing class anymore.
    Paladins haven't been a 2 button class for a good year or so unless you aren't very good. With HL, FoL, BoP, BoF, Holy Shock, Lay on Hands, JoW, JoL, Cleanse and the list goes on and that is just the old spells not the ones added in WoTLK. So while you could play your class with 2 big buttons 1 for FoL and 1 for HL you would be the worst paladin ever. So Gz on finding this out years after it stoped being true!!

Healing charts are a horrible way to judge a healer's viability. Throwing that out there in case that is the point of anyone's arguement. The Holy Paladin is fairly good in PvE, mostly on par with the other healers when it comes to statistics. The problem in point is that the Holy Paladin must work twice as hard as other healers to perform their function due to GCD dancing. It takes us 3-4 GCDs to do what another healer does in 1. This is even worse in an AoE situation, because we have a severe lack in AoE healing. The case could be argued that AoE healing is not a Paladin's role, but even if that is true, nothing has been offered to mack up for that lack of power like other healing classes have something to make up for their weaknesses.

Don't even get me started on Holy Paladin in PvP. Easiest class to lock down in the game. It is completely possible to outright rip the ability away for a Holy Paladin to perform their function in PvP, in any shape, way, or form.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."