Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: To all those saying Holy Pala healing sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ph0en1xtk

Yesterday i did every heroic in the game back to back, and i had trouble with 2 fights total, and everything else was cake.
    Dude you did 12 heroics back to back? Go get some fresh air =)
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Good tanks have 40k Health raid buffed. FoL averages roughly 4k in a raid environment.

How do you keep up tanks when you're healing them for 1/10th their health?
    I haven't done Naxx 25 yet. I'm taking it slow with my guild and have been doing ten mans, though I have been in a Vault 25 pug, where there were a ton more healers with me. Basically, I haven't had the chance to heal a tank with 40k health yet. I'm just saying that so far, it's been a cake walk for me with my gear considering what raids I have been doing. It may change in the future, I am aware of that. But so far, what I am doing is working very well.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro
    Did anyone else stop reading after this?
    no. It's a great mitigation spell.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Majokin
    Stack Spellpower + use Fol+Shock in raid >> other healer

HL is waste of time coz 80%+ is overheal (17k+ crits normal)
    Fol in combination with shock is the winner! with a lot of spellpower FoL crits for almost 7-9k und shock a bit more (raidenviroment ofc)
    if you get all avaible gear with Crit,haste and Spell on it, you can reach almost 700haste, 750crit und 2900spell raidbuffed.

edith: if we would NOT be best arena healer atm, plate would be worthless! there must be a advantage of plate against strong melees who twoshot clothies ^^
    waiting for resilence-balance.....

L2 stack int and crit.

holy light is gorgeous. L2 love it.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    I wouldn't say that Pally healing is "hard" while other healing is "easy". I'd say that Pally healing is a bit more complex while the rest is more simple. As a Pally, there's a lot to keep track of and a good deal less room for error. You have to know when to use what and who to heal when to maximize your effectiveness.

It's not hard... It's "challenging".
    the way you described holy healing makes me feel pro.

yiptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Rozwell
    i would like an aoe cleanse or take it off the gcd. on heigan on 10 man i am furiously mashing cleanse when a shaman can drop a totem and cleanse a whole group in one CD. as paladins we bring the big heals. we keep the tanks up. we truly have unique tools that other classes dont.

in h-gundrak i have a hard time healing the first boss with all the poisons, adds, snake wraps. i am not sure how other pally healers handle this fight but i have only successfully done it with the dps in the water.
    I'm not gonna ask for much. Just put cleanse off the GCD and Blizzard will make me a happy happy pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank7734
    How many of you people even play paladins?
    For starters-
    Holy Light is a gigantic mana sink and is ONLY useful when heavy damage is taken predictably.
    I always know when I'm in a 25 man and there is another paladin healer and if they're bad; I'm sitting at 75% mana while constantly healing and they're sitting at 50% mana from using holy light wastefully.

Sacred shield, FoL and HS are your bread and butter.

For me, I see Holy Light crits for around 17k, while my FoL crits for around 5k.
    FoL is therefore healing for around 1/3 of the amount of HL but only costing 1/4 of the mana.

FoL is the most efficient heal and you can use HS to fix a spike, so where does HL fit in the equation?
    Well, it doesn't very much anymore.

Paladins make wonderful single target healers and seldom go oom unless you're using your heals incorrectly.

We still are lacking when it comes to healing more than 2 targets efficiently and thats a really irritating problem.

And there you go, thats the paladin lowdown... Anyone who says otherwise is a moron who doesn't know what they're talking about.

At the higher level of naxx25 gear, I can spam Holy Light almost non-stop for the entire 6minute duration of patchwerk and end the fight with mana to spare. Why would I need to use Flash of Light because it's more efficient if I can spam Holy Light, make tank spikes a non-issue, and still end the fight with mana? If you wait for the spike to happen before using Holy Light, you run the risk of the cast time not being fast enough to heal the tank up.

Who cares how much mana you have at the end of the fight, as long as you have mana for the duration of the fight? You job as a healer is to minimize or eliminate risk of tank death, if there's something you can do that eliminates that possibility in all but freak cases, why not do it? That other paladin might end the fight with 5% mana, but his effective healing would be higher than yours more than likely. Mana not spent is mana wasted.

Stats for you....
    ~35% holy crit
    2070 Spellpower
    24,385 mana
    200mp5
    With JotP up, 28.3% haste

Glyph of Seal of Wisdom and the book from badges to reduce the cost of HL further (no 4pc set bonus)
    Glyph of LoH and Glyph of Divinity so I can use LoH on myself for a huge mana boost
    Blood Elf

If your guild is still backwards enough to think that overheal is a significant stat, and criticize you for it, teach them how wrong they are, or else find a new guild.

Really, our regen is sooo powerful atm, that Holy Light is our main heal, and we use FoL to top things off or for tiny spikes of damage. I use Holy Light to heal damage people take, and only resort to FoL when I need to heal things fast for small amounts, or when I'm bored on fights with little damage (Noth, Heigan) and just spot heal targets. Your raid has to know to let you get off a HL though and not just snag any tiny amounts of healing they can on targets.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin
    This isn't true. It simply isn't the case.
    cba to quote the rest as its mostly crap and ppl wont want to read it twice. You will have probably found the only reason you did nice amounts of healing with FoL is that you were ninja healing as i like to call it. What you were effectively doing was getting your fast heal in before other people had a chance for their longer casting heals to land or for their HoT to heal. The instances you are probably talking about FoL being fine is prob MH and most of the way though BT. If you tried to mash FoL in SWP you would have suffered epic fail as it doens't have enough HPS to keep the main tanks alive which is what paladins are for.

Also i know i'm a good paladin due to the fact that i was in a good guild with other very good people and we had good progress. While you can be lazy and just spam FoL if you had joined a hardcore guild (clearing SWP and not just farming HM/BT) which expected every play to play their class to 100% of its potential you wouldn't have lasted 2 weeks as FoL spammers just got kicked.

I have to agree with the OP that Holy healing isn't half as broken as it used to be, though, still not fixed.

I'll take one nice example-

Malygos 10 man. (25 man usually has enough non-paladin healers to compensate)

You can say Blizz failed at the mechanics of this encounter (which they did). But that doesn't make Paladins less useless during the Vortex.. First time I went there was in a 10 man group with all Naxx geared people. We all knew tacs and watched the vids, but, we had 2 paladin healers and 1 shaman. During the Vortex we basicly had to keep everyone alive with 1 (2 if lucky) heals while everyone took 20k dmg + fall damage.

Now you can say people should stack Sta to live tru the Vortex and such, but should you really give up DPS just cuz of a ''broken'' class?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love paladin healing and it's gotten /alot/ better, but simply sayin l2p and don't suck isn't good, there is still work to be done before we can really shine.

hmm, just to share a little on the 10m malygos healing as a pally... erm if i m not wrong i manage to throw a few fol during vortex because u have imba haste from JoP, i m with ard 30% reduction on haste if trinket proc, the reduction will goes to ard 45%. Beacon + holy shock heals ard 2 person of ur choices. so if u manage to FoL 1-2 person, u will be able to keep 3-4 person up. and if u could drop holy shield just b4 the air phase on ard 3-4 ppls, u will keep ard 6-7 up. unless you are the only healer i think the vortex is still manageable for pally heals. Try maximize ur tools as i think mana management for pally is not longer a problem as it is in TBC. I m not trying to challenge u, but it just share and hope you can pull through the next encounter.

OK now for the OP-ness, YES pally is OP now, and at some point a nerf bat will definitely hit us. AOE still remains as a main problem for pallies, but i think we should be trying to overcome it, erm ie. for some boss u can stat haste gear to get ur FoL lands as fast as possible. Holy shock + HL/FoL do help.

And also about this whole HL/FoL debate, i would say i love them 50/50%. In the end it is still your own healing style, FoL spamming can do wonders. HL spams yields top charter on both eff. heal n overheal. I would urge pallies to maximize ur tools in different situation, and use them differently. Debating HL/FoL = pro is useless. And also yes other healer have more options then us, but if i think pally heals is more enjoyable now compaired to the pass lol.

Cheers all, merry XMAS