Thinking of a new spec.... what you think?

Hi all,

thought I'd spec according to:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

using rotation: PS -> IT -> BS -> Pestilence / BS -> OB -> RD (Gargoyle or DC)

major glyphs: Glyph of the Ghoul (+20% strength on ghoul), Glyph of Blood Strike, Glyph of Death Strike (for when I need to heal myself)
    minor glyphs: most notably Glyph of Pestilence.... yadda yadda...

I'm thinking talents will up IT damage LOADS and that Annihilation will make OBliterate useful (very).

Furthermore, when the next patch hits, the glyph for OBliterate will make it even better.

I know I am skipping a bit AP missing out on the Bladed Armor, but Im thinking all the buffs to IT and the ability to do OBliterate without losing the deseases makes up for it.

Anyone have any thought on this?

Re: Thinking of a new spec.... what you think?

Glyph of Death Strike and Blood Strike but no Scourge Strike or Obliterate Glyph?

Obliterate is worthless if you do Scourge Strikes.

IT + 3% Strike-Crit do not make up for 5% all crit and 5/5 Bladed Armor.

weird spec.
    You have to choose either SS or OB since they use same runes. And if you have already choosen one why would you choose SS talent or go for the OB talent.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

What to say....

Please read my post again, and please realize this time, that NO WHERE in my post about my rotation, does it say that I plan to use Scourge Strike AND Obliterate in the same rotation.... in fact I mention Scourge Strike absolutely >> 0 << times in my post.

Please re-read.... Doh!

Why do you spec a strike that you don't use?

Lol nye is right why throw one point in the garbage if u aint willing to use it?

if u spent that point anywhere else than scourge strike it would be more beneficial

e.g. drop UB + SS and get NotD (especially beneficial with the upcoming patch)

Okey guys, true I placed the talent into SS by mistake =P

I chose the talenr Dirge instead of UB and SS, since extra runic power is always nice for the RD or Death Strike.

Here is the new and improved build:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

Reason for not taking the Obliterate glyph now is that it is kinda bad with -50% damage from diseases, seeing as unholy stacks 3 diseases, will be good once the new patch comes out though.

Think about the talents and what they do to dps, I'll explain my thoughts:

You have PS which causes Blood Plauge which triggers Rage of Rivendare = 10% more damage
    You have +30% IT damage from Improved Icy Touch
    You have Glacier Rot which improves damage of Icy Touch if there is a disease on the target, which is why I start with PS.
    You have Black Ice which gives +30% damage on all frost damage, which I believe applies to Icy Touch.
    You have Obliterate (which in it self does loads more damage than SS) combined with Annihilation which removes the negative effect of having my diseases removed when I use it, hence disease-damage continues the full duration.

So, now that I have explained myself further, any thoughts?

SS + 5% overall crit + Bladed Armor + Wandering Plague + Glyphe of Plague Strike + Glyph of Scourge Strike + UB >>>>> pimped IT with 3% crit to strikes and a bad Oblit

Thanks for the input, guess I have to test it out. My current spec is the "cookie-cutter" spec of 17/0/54, so I will start with target dummy testing that and then switching to the new spec and test that one.

A question regarding the Glyph of Obliterate:

Why take it at all? To me it sounds all bad, but I guess I'm missing something vital

Assume your weapon does 800 damage per hit, and assume u have an unholy spec which gives 3 diseases:

Without glyph:
    100% weapondamage + 292 + (146 x 3) = 1530

With glyph:
    120% weapondamage + 292 + ((146 x 50%) x 3) = 1471

I guess it's all about the base damage being as I high as possible for your weapon. 2-hander ftw.
    This might mean the glyph could be crap if you don't have an epic 2hander, but really wonderful if you do have one.