Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What are "Best" glyphs Aff DPS?

I think he is saying that putting range on affliction spells is ultimately pointless....but putting it on affliction and NOT putting into destro is just uber fail.

I also agree that spec is flawed, the points are better spent in Nightfall over Grim Reach in affliction......its a matter of personal taste of imp CoA over imp Drain Soul.....personally I go imp CoA. threat is not an issue on bosses (with a competent tank)....and to take it for reduced threat on trash is just daft imo as even if you pull aggro...... and every AOE pack I do as CoS is so OP....the trash is dead before they even get to you.

Taking Molten Core as affliction is just really silly tbh...if we had other points then yeah why not since you cast immo, but to not max out Imp SB when that is going to be about 25-30 of your Dmg is just lol..

Cata....again depend on your personal hit rating so no right or wrong way here, best to get as much hit as possible......I aim for 280-290 and put one point here.

Simple reason is that over the course of an entire raid night I miss about 2 bolts all night...so your return for maxing this out is just not worth it really.

EJ is correct that Corruption as the 3rd glyph is better DPS on paper.....but in the real world its much better having a stable rotation, and if you mess up a few times because your rotation is not good you will lose more dps overall than the odd instant SB will give you back.....go CoA it will really help you!

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorian
    I think he is saying that putting range on affliction spells is ultimately pointless....but putting it on affliction and NOT putting into destro is just uber fail.

I also agree that spec is flawed, the points are better spent in Nightfall over Grim Reach in affliction......its a matter of personal taste of imp CoA over imp Drain Soul.....personally I go imp CoA. threat is not an issue on bosses (with a competent tank)....and to take it for reduced threat on trash is just daft imo as even if you pull aggro...... and every AOE pack I do as CoS is so OP....the trash is dead before they even get to you.

Taking Molten Core as affliction is just really silly tbh...if we had other points then yeah why not since you cast immo, but to not max out Imp SB when that is going to be about 25-30 of your Dmg is just lol..

Cata....again depend on your personal hit rating so no right or wrong way here, best to get as much hit as possible......I aim for 280-290 and put one point here.

Simple reason is that over the course of an entire raid night I miss about 2 bolts all night...so your return for maxing this out is just not worth it really.

EJ is correct that Corruption as the 3rd glyph is better DPS on paper.....but in the real world its much better having a stable rotation, and if you mess up a few times because your rotation is not good you will lose more dps overall than the odd instant SB will give you back.....go CoA it will really help you!

Mal.
    Well, when/if they remove immo from rotation we can pick up both coa and corr and face it, even even if corr isn't that big of a dps upgrade, it's definitely nice if one of those bolts proc during heigan for example.

The "on paper" DPS has been covered pretty well (SL, Immo, w' 3rd being a close call of weak) I use CoA so I can focus more on the fight and less on dot timers. Just like any IRL weapon...perfect accuracy is nice but how well does it work packed w' sand and muck while you are being shot at? I'll trade a bit of perfect world dps for a bit of real world dps anyday.

A 53/3/15 or similar type spec might want imp glyph. Have read some intersting theorycrafting on MC/Imp affliction builds but no raids to test it with yet during the holidays.

The new felpup glyph will be nice for PVP but I don't see it being useful during a raid. Just not enough to devour....
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.