What's the real difference between KGPanels and EePanels2? [Details Please]

What's the difference between KgPanels and EePanels2? I thought everyone used EePnales2 before 3.0.1 or something came out when everything was not updated, funnily though, it still worked for me. But I noticed stuff like shadows and reflections in UIs and even diagonal lines and stuff, can anyone fill me on details or so like that? From what I heard the only difference was how options and settings were customized.

Also, if I were to switch between either, could I somehow import the settings? I'd hate having to refurbish 10 UIs, one per class...

Also, I'm toying around in Photoshop, but I have problems implementing custom textures because I have a non-transparent background for the texture I imported, and I'm not sure if the background was black would help.

Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: What's the real difference between KGPanels and EePanels2? [Details Please]

EePanels2 hasn't been updated for WOTLK. KGPanels has.

Quote Originally Posted by fluid8
    EePanels2 hasn't been updated for WOTLK. KGPanels has.
    Mine always has been working :P

It still works, just made a new ui with it :P

The author isn't supported eePanels anymore, and is now developing KG instead. So if ee breaks, it's "oh well." And since your ui's seem to be small variations on a basic theme, it shouldn't be too hard to fix them .

Only difference for me is that eepanels can be set up way faster than kgpanels. On the other hand, kgpanels makes it easier to copy other panels. After getting used to it I like kgpanels as much as eepanels, though there is still one big problem: It sometimes bugs when I anchor panels, and it is more difficult (=impossible) to let the borders be pin sharp.

So technically, if you could choose between either you'd take EePanels2? I don't mind making the same panel as another from memory :P Doesn't take that long :P

Are there shadow effects and reflections tho? I saw some shadows behind panels in Duke's UI, as well as Bidelle long ago iirc.

Afaik the shadows are already in the graphics Duke uses.

Quote Originally Posted by welcome.gg
    Afaik the shadows are already in the graphics Duke uses.
    Doubtfully

Actually, they are. He uses 2 Graphics, one as the picture, one as the shadow. I'm sorry.