Thread: DK Dps Question

DK Dps Question

Hey guys just had a quick question i have been 80 for 5 day's and i think i picked up some good gear in those 5 day's i just wanna know how much dps i should be doing on heroic's boss's and trash in heroic's

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...light&n=Jemini

that is my gear i am trying some different spec's i tried the 51/13/7 spec i dont really like the rotation but ya back 2 the orignal question how much dps should i be doing on trash and boss's in heroic's with my current stat's dont include spec i am just trying stuff out like i said ty for you help

Re: DK Dps Question

I envy your guild for being able to throw around gear so willy-nilly....

anyhoo, I started my dps set with a bit better of stats (roughly 3k ap w/out horn, 30% crit, hit capped, spec'd as deep unholy)...maybe you could catch up to them with the right spec/enchants....but for tank & spank fights I never dipped below 2000 dps at the start. For trash you can always screw around as frost to have some fun numbers, but for bosses I would definitely recommend unholy...not only for its solid dps but at the moment bone shield = survivability win factor to the extreme, and if you're just startin heroics that can never hurt.

2k dps seems a bit low with your gear lvl, but lets leave at that. What struck me more is how much haste you have.., haste is one of the worst dps stats for DK's (best for blood ofc, but still bad). Get str/crit gems or ap/hit instead, and i think you'll see you dps go up.

EDIT: Spelling

who said i got my gear from Guild and how much Dps should i be at on a raid boss? i just wanna know that

Death's Bite.

Rawrgle, sad at you
    Death's bite is sexy.

Uhh i don't understand your spec

2.4k dps seems about right for optimal situation bosses.

Btw what irks you about 51/13/7?

I pull 3k+overall 3600+ on Patchwerk esque fights as 51/13/7,

With that gear, 1700-2000dps.

If you can replace that str/haste with str/crit, str/hit or just str gems.

Haste has the lowest value out of all the stats we need, BUT bliz did make some talk of making it better for melee, when that comes who knows.

with a similar level of gear, using the 51/13/7 spec i get around 4.2k dps on patchwerk

http://wowwebstats.com/gtnojyxwzjlfg?s=35701-68534

Quote Originally Posted by mysteltainn
    Rawrgle, sad at you
    Death's bite is sexy.

Uhh i don't understand your spec

2.4k dps seems about right for optimal situation bosses.

Btw what irks you about 51/13/7?

I pull 3k+overall 3600+ on Patchwerk esque fights as 51/13/7,
    forget my spec i am playing around with it and on 25 man boss's i am pumping a good 2.4k dps i wanna know if this is where i should be with the normal 51/13/7 spec is that about right? is this where i should be with my gear? 2.4k on 25 man boss's

2.9 - 3.5 is doable with halfway decent gear and raid buffs. You'd have to be stacked like Shatner on crack to pull out 4k raid buffed and 4k unbuffed is just a flat lie. I think a lot of folks have buggy damage meters or do tests on mobs that die in 2 - 3 swings.

Plus, for everyone asking for WWS parses the sites still buggy and the parses aren't accurate yet. They're working on it but you gotta stop thinking WWS is the end all in damage comparison right now. Best testing I've seen so far was with recount. Just have a few people in the raid with it and find your means, modes, and averages.
    Trust the tale not the teller.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphy
    2.9 - 3.5 is doable with halfway decent gear and raid buffs. You'd have to be stacked like Shatner on crack to pull out 4k raid buffed and 4k unbuffed is just a flat lie. I think a lot of folks have buggy damage meters or do tests on mobs that die in 2 - 3 swings.

Plus, for everyone asking for WWS parses the sites still buggy and the parses aren't accurate yet. They're working on it but you gotta stop thinking WWS is the end all in damage comparison right now. Best testing I've seen so far was with recount. Just have a few people in the raid with it and find your means, modes, and averages.
    would u belive me if a ench shammy is in my grp my dps goes up 1k?

i did 3.7k on a heroic boss i vh the boss went down in 20 seconds i think its all about who is in the raid and ur spec compared 2 who's in the raid

Definitely get Recount to accurately check dps and damage done, it's probably the most reliable source at the moment. Of course, if you full crit a mob in three hits, don't run around pretending you're pushing 4k dps. But it's fairly accurate in a raid environment, as far as I know.

Also, from my personal experience, I've seen a DK going as high as 3k dps with decent gear (a few Naxx 10 epics with some T7, I reckon he had a 186.4 dps two hander, if not better). It was in a shitty Archavon 25 pug, though, so it wasn't totally optimized for maximum dps like in a guild run.

I've only ever played unholy on my DK, and I'm only level 70, so everything about DKs is still kinda blurry.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Kargath&n=Eniv

Did a 25 man sartharion with this guy today, didn't think he was gonna do so hot since I saw 2 fast weapons, but I was surprised he pulled in just under 4k dps and absolutely blew my mind. To think, I didn't know shit about DKs before, and now I know even less! lawl

Deleted

I'm pulling just a but below 5k on Patchwerk with full epic and trispecced (15-31-25) on my DK, you can look her up on armory -- Chíll (can't give you a link atm -- on my iPhone ^^).

What region? I'd like to check out your spec.

Deleted

Al'Akir EU -- about not having the perma-Ghoul is just up to personal preference -- I don't like it due to losing DPS while trying to keep it alive ^^.