Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Resto sham vs Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by seph
    Pretty sure the resilience cap is over 1000 now. So you're no where near having the mitigation you had at lvl 70 pvp. After 1 or 2 seasons when you have your full resil it should help a ton against rogues. DPS is so out of control right now healers don't really have a chance. Things should balance out... somewhat.
    No, Resilience won't ever have the same impact it had back then unless they raise the %.
    Why?

Prior seasons' HP pool.
    10-14k
    Damage was about 700 hits to 4k crits.

Now.
    17-21k (rare case pvp tanks, 30 to 35)
    Damage goes from 800 hits (that coming from really fast dagger Muti rogues) to 3k hits and burst spikes of 10-18k crits in single attacks (ambush/pom pyro/rune strike etc)

So basically now DPS clases with some skill and luck can deal 30%-50% your HP in mere hits, yes hits, let alone crits or a row of moves (SoComm) or dots, that are downright deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    justanotherVil, please do tell me how

does NOT mean that you are unkillable during stunlock.
    Well i didn´t read your post to the end. My apologies. But that does not effect what i have written before.
    It is correct that this 8sec stunlock you mentioned, is for a single rogue not enough to kill a resto shaman(with resilience gear and earthshield), and with more an more resilience we will live longer and longer.

As a Resto shammy playing arena with nothing but the TBC blue pvp trinket and Savage shoulders mixed with naxx epics, i usually find that im able to stay alive long enough for at least my parter (rogue) to get a stun off on the rogue thats trying to kill me which gives me just enough time to get those crucial heals off or to kill their teammate and start on the rogue.

One on one, a Resto Shammy will never be able to outheal a rogues constant damage but if you keep earthshield and riptide up, trinket Ks and try and get an offensive hex off as fast as you can, it really slows their damage output down and gives you time to heal yourself up which in turn, buys your team time as a whole.
    "You play WoW so much, on my warlock, when i cast drain life on you, it says "Warning, target has no life"

Quote Originally Posted by Unpredictable
    I know there has been a lot of qqing about rogues lately as well there should be but seriously? they take out all 16k of my hp in kidney shot alone and if i trink out of it well all they gotta do is blind me then wait a few sec and sap me... And whats the deal with them being able to use 3 poisions now? Resto shams are the only healers that do not have a defense priests have shield/fear, pallys have bubble, and druids have shapeshifting, so just wondering is there anyway that I could live longer against them? Or should we just roll dps for arenas now...
    When did they take out earth shield, take away your mail, or destroy your totems? Sorry just wondering, because "Resto shams are the only healers that do not have a defense.."
    "Nerf rock, Paper's fine." - Scissors

___ Damage In
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    ___ Self Healing
    |
    ___ /sit to get it all over with

This is how pvp works right now for shamans vs rogues so unless you can some how GW your ass out of their you're toast.