GC's comment about healing niches in a raid

Ghostcrawler wrote:
    I don't beleive groups really organize themselves around healing niches in the sense that they want one hot guy, one AE guy and two direct heal guys. We just want enough distinction that you consider bringing e.g. a druid as your third healer once you have two priests.

I'm really surprised by this. Ok, its pretty easy atm . But I've always invited healers in a raid by healing niches, according to what we need to suceed.

Druids for hots, pallies for MT healing and their bacon of light, shammies for group heals and priest for group heals and whatever needs being done. Yes there is some room for flexibility - but I'm really surprise by GC's comment.

Re: GC's comment about healing niches in a raid

Personally speaking, I don't think I really like the entire "bring the player, not the class" thing happening here. Losing the specialization of classes is akin to losing the flavor of the game. Half the fun of heroics or other groups was figuring how to succeed with the dynamic at hand. If everyone is soon to be the same, alot of the flavor of the game will be lost.

I understand the need to have people with over-populated classes able to get invites to groups. Hell, I was a ret pally back in vanilla WoW and know exactly what that's like. But I didn't cry to get fixed, I rolled a priest so I could see the content I would otherwise miss. I still have my paladin, and as I became a better player he started to fill those dps spots. Making lasting friendships over the years has gone a long way towards opening up the game, as well. You make friends by adapting and enjoying the game, not by pissing and moaning all the time.

I'm not sure where this game is heading, but the dual-spec thing is going to be the beginning of the end, in my opinion. Pretty soon we'll have every class able to dps, tank, or heal on demand. After that, they'll all use the same gear and have the same racial abilities. Crap...make em all look the same while you're at it.

@ the op: Yeah I don't know where he got that either, most people I know do exactly the opposite (and look at niches).

@ lionheartz: I think what he means is that people don't get person A for aoe heals, person B for tank heals and person C for hots, they just want to have all 3 things covered. So for example a priest can be the aoe heals guy or the tank healer if necessary, especially once dual-spec comes out. Also, unlike TBC, raid damage is much lower so aoe healing is not mandatory, you can currently have... let's say, a pally flash healing raid damage. If they increase raid damage as raids progress an aoe healer might become mandatory, but that clearly is not the way they want to go with it.

As for nerfing and buffing etc, I doubt anyone likes their class getting nerfed, putting a 6 second cooldown on CoH is not so much a nerf, just a limitation... You have the spell, it's not been altered, you just can't spam it till the boss goes down.

Over in the healing forum at World of Warcraft I posted this topic with the thread title, "bring the player and not the class" Ghostcrawler replied with "nice topic awful thread" and locked the thread along with giving me a temp ban for trolling and spamming even though this is what I truly think? What is the point of voicing ones opinion if a dev can ban you cause he disagrees with your post? Check it out at wow and it is locked lol

Ghostcrawler wrote:
    I don't beleive groups really organize themselves around healing niches in the sense that they want one hot guy, one AE guy and two direct heal guys. We just want enough distinction that you consider bringing e.g. a druid as your third healer once you have two priests.

Either Ghostcrawler has never raided before or he is trying to cover up the fact Priests would not be invited to raids to heal if the raid has shammies, pallys, and druids.

Ghostcrawler is not this stupid, this is just his way of saying he does not care about priests situation.

I mean there are two types of forum posters. One worships everything a blizzard dev says and the 2nd does not; I am the 2nd one. I do not care if these devs are the best devs in the world of gaming. What I care about is obvious problems that anyone can see is not being recognized by a dev.

We as players in the mmo community put a lot of time in these toons. A new expansion comes and all the time put in seems to be a waste. When a player at one point in time lvls a toon because at that point in time the toon is best at healing or best at dps, then all of a sudden they get nerfed and are no longer fun to play. Nerfing is not fun at all. I just wish Blizzard would understand when they make a toon good and then make it suck it not only makes the player take it personally, but it angers a player who has spent time lvling a toon.

Ok, we all know playing games are a waste of time to begin with, but for most people this game is where they may spend most of their life,hence it is addicting.

In this game their will always be class QQ or spec QQ no matter what. If blizzard is smart they would make changes that will help classes become balanced rather than change a spell because of 200 12 year olds crying about how OP it is in the the forums.

Another thing I would like to talk about is how blizzard devs say forums is not a good sample of what the 11 million subscribers really think. So yeah they are saying their wow forums are not a good spot to voice opinions about anything to make the devs take notice to a ability or class op or not. If this is the case blizzard, tell me and tell the community where this place should be. Where should the subscribers voice their opinions so it will be noted and be counted as a voice of the 11 million subscribers that play WoW. Posting on forums is like voting, in the United States not everyone votes. Blizzard will not listen to the subscribers voice until 11 million subscribers post in forum is like saying since not every legal voter voted in a election we can not elect a president or a senator. It is not our fault every subscriber does not voice their opinion in the forums, let our vote count!
    User was banned three weeks for trolling and insults due to the following post:

"Not U of P and it is accredited. WTF is your degree in ass hat? Hooker?

You want to keep on posting bra? Not scared of your QQ posts bra... "

So lionheartz - you are a priest who spams CoH?

In my guild we primarily have shammy and pally healers, but not by choice. It is simply that is all we have. We occasionally have one priest, when he can make it online. We do not have a resto druid currently. We are still able to make it through the content fine though. But I definitely want to be able to bring a couple priests, a couple shammys, a pally or two and one resto druid - at least for Ulduar - being able to have some of each class will help a lot imo, even with this "nerf" to CoH.
    ***uBer sExY chAIN heAls ftW***

Quote Originally Posted by zancorr
    So lionheartz - you are a priest who spams CoH?
    no lionheartz is an airhead spamming forums. hes posted the same thing 3 times in 2 different threads within 10 minutes.

I am not spamming forums I am getting opinions from the fan base to let them know this can happen to them. And no it was wrong of GC to ban me. So your point is if you disagree with topic it is spamming or trolling. No sir, but thank you for your comment even though you disagree with me.
    User was banned three weeks for trolling and insults due to the following post:

"Not U of P and it is accredited. WTF is your degree in ass hat? Hooker?

You want to keep on posting bra? Not scared of your QQ posts bra... "

Wow, look, lionheartz is copy-pasting his QQ nonsense into thread after thread.

Blizz temp banned you. Get over it.

Try reading and understanding the guidelines next time.