Thread: Boomkin stats

Boomkin stats

Hi there folks. First time poster, long time reader

Currently leveling my druid as boomkin, and i want him to stay boomkin. Ive been looking alot for gear for when i reach lvl 80, but im not sure how to weigh the different stats against eachother.
    So therefor my question is if you should give point on a 10 point scale to each of these stats rating the importance of that stat, what would they be? (assuming im not hit capped, and i wanna do 10man)

Int:
    Stam:
    Spi:
    mp5:
    Haste rating:
    Crit rating:
    Hit rating:
    Spell damage:

I have ofc read different posts here and there, some say crit over haste, and others the other way around. What do you think?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    (sry for my bad english)

Re: Boomkin stats

Int: 2 or 3
    Stam: 1
    Spi: 3 or 4
    Mp5: 2
    Haste: 5
    Crit: 5
    Hit: 9
    Spell Damage: 8

The crit and haste thing really depends on ur rotation. If you cast starfire more then haste is better for you but if your a wrath spammer with starfire on eclipse procs then crit is better.

Hi. I'm a level 80 raid boomkin. Here's my armory profile.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...otem&n=Morgano

First things, make sure you have the talents for 4% hit and imp Faerie Fire, and use them on raid bosses. Then you'll need 263 Hit Rating (10% to reach the cap of 17% combined with the talents) You only need hit rating to hit raid bosses so don't worry about having hit gear on any other time. After that I would say Haste is the best, closely followed by spell damage. There's a lot of personal preference involved there, but haste will probably up your DPS more. I wouldn't worry about crit at all. The more you gear emblem/heroic/naxx gear, your crit will just go up on its own since a lot of that gear has crit and spell power. mp5 is nice, but Spirit also gives you mp5 if you have the resto mana regen talent (I have both the balance and resto one for int and spirit). I am specced for PvE all the way, no starfall or typhoon. Don't need to worry about stam either, you'll have what you need.
    "Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics." - Tarragon @ Earthen Ring US

thx for your views.

A little followup question: With haste and crit meaning more or less the same, depending on rotation. What should i aim for of crit, when im a starfire spammer? like 20% ? and go haste from there? or is there no minimum of crit recomended?
    Or should i just stack haste and forget about crit entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by donand
    Hi there folks. First time poster, long time reader

Currently leveling my druid as boomkin, and i want him to stay boomkin. Ive been looking alot for gear for when i reach lvl 80, but im not sure how to weigh the different stats against eachother.
    So therefor my question is if you should give point on a 10 point scale to each of these stats rating the importance of that stat, what would they be? (assuming im not hit capped, and i wanna do 10man)

Int:
    Stam:
    Spi:
    mp5:
    Haste rating:
    Crit rating:
    Hit rating:
    Spell damage:

I have ofc read different posts here and there, some say crit over haste, and others the other way around. What do you think?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    (sry for my bad english)
    You need good int, but don't make that a focus, you want to focus on +hit gear and +haste gear and then +crit. In that order. +haste gives more dps per point than +crit. Period. There is no arguing, the math is there. Per point, haste is better than crit for dps.

Spr over mp5, but take whatever you can get, they're both important, but if you are trying to decide between a piece with int/stam/mp5 or int/stam/spr, you take the piece with int/stam/spr as you get more out of it in the long run.

Don't worry about Int and don't worry about Stam, that will come on all the gear you want, also, don't worry about +crit, at end game, all the stuff you want will come with +Crit on it and at end-game, you really don't have much to choose from.

So ranked from MOST important to LEAST important.

+Hit
    +Haste
    +Spellpwr
    +Spirit
    +Crit
    +Int
    +Stam

Quote Originally Posted by Dokoran
    So ranked from MOST important to LEAST important.

+Hit
    +Haste
    +Spellpwr
    +Spirit
    +Crit
    +Int
    +Stam
    I can't agree on the Haste one there - we are still quite a fair way off the gear levels where Haste takes over from Spellpower. Also, you've put Spirit a lot higher that all other guides and simulators would suggest (as well as my spreadsheet) - Spirit is in fact considered the worst of our DPS stats (above stam). Personally I rate Int a lot higher than most other guides would, but I'm not sure whether they're taking into account that Replenishment works off max mana, so not only does Int give you increased crit chance, SP from Lunar Guidance, more mana to start with, plus increase your mana regen (factor of sqrt(Int+x)/sqrt(Int)), it also increases the amount you gain from replenishment. There's a lot to gain from Int - certainly a hell of a lot more than Spirit, and even more than Crit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    I can't agree on the Haste one there - we are still quite a fair way off the gear levels where Haste takes over from Spellpower. Also, you've put Spirit a lot higher that all other guides and simulators would suggest (as well as my spreadsheet) - Spirit is in fact considered the worst of our DPS stats (above stam). Personally I rate Int a lot higher than most other guides would, but I'm not sure whether they're taking into account that Replenishment works off max mana, so not only does Int give you increased crit chance, SP from Lunar Guidance, more mana to start with, plus increase your mana regen (factor of sqrt(Int+x)/sqrt(Int)), it also increases the amount you gain from replenishment. There's a lot to gain from Int - certainly a hell of a lot more than Spirit, and even more than Crit IMO.
    Would you mind linking to the Guides and simulators, and maybe your spreadsheets m8?
    Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by donand
    Would you mind linking to the Guides and simulators, and maybe your spreadsheets m8?
    Thank you in advance.
    My spreadsheet is still very much a work in progress and hence not exactly ready for release

As for other data sources / simulators / guides, here are some popular ones (probably in order of popularity / reliability):
    http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...i/SampleOutput
    http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr
    http://www.maxdps.com/druid/moonkin.php

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!