Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Got a temp ban for posting this topic in world of warcraft.com healing forums...

Over in the healing forum at World of Warcraft I posted this topic with the thread title, "bring the player and not the class" Ghostcrawler replied with "nice topic awful thread" and locked the thread along with giving me a temp ban for trolling and spamming even though this is what I truly think? What is the point of voicing ones opinion if a dev can ban you cause he disagrees with your post? Check it out at wow and it is locked lol

I think this is kinda harsh...

Ghostcrawler wrote:
    I don't beleive groups really organize themselves around healing niches in the sense that they want one hot guy, one AE guy and two direct heal guys. We just want enough distinction that you consider bringing e.g. a druid as your third healer once you have two priests.

Either Ghostcrawler has never raided before or he is trying to cover up the fact Priests would not be invited to raids to heal if the raid has shammies, pallys, and druids.

Ghostcrawler is not this stupid, this is just his way of saying he does not care about priests situation.

I mean there are two types of forum posters. One worships everything a blizzard dev says and the 2nd does not; I am the 2nd one. I do not care if these devs are the best devs in the world of gaming. What I care about is obvious problems that anyone can see is not being recognized by a dev.

We as players in the mmo community put a lot of time in these toons. A new expansion comes and all the time put in seems to be a waste. When a player at one point in time lvls a toon because at that point in time the toon is best at healing or best at dps, then all of a sudden they get nerfed and are no longer fun to play. Nerfing is not fun at all. I just wish Blizzard would understand when they make a toon good and then make it suck it not only makes the player take it personally, but it angers a player who has spent time lvling a toon.

Ok, we all know playing games are a waste of time to begin with, but for most people this game is where they may spend most of their life,hence it is addicting.

In this game their will always be class QQ or spec QQ no matter what. If blizzard is smart they would make changes that will help classes become balanced rather than change a spell because of 200 12 year olds crying about how OP it is in the the forums.

Another thing I would like to talk about is how blizzard devs say forums is not a good sample of what the 11 million subscribers really think. So yeah they are saying their wow forums are not a good spot to voice opinions about anything to make the devs take notice to a ability or class op or not. If this is the case blizzard, tell me and tell the community where this place should be. Where should the subscribers voice their opinions so it will be noted and be counted as a voice of the 11 million subscribers that play WoW. Posting on forums is like voting, in the United States not everyone votes. Blizzard will not listen to the subscribers voice until 11 million subscribers post in forum is like saying since not every legal voter voted in a election we can not elect a president or a senator. It is not our fault every subscriber does not voice their opinion in the forums, let our vote count!
    User was banned three weeks for trolling and insults due to the following post:

"Not U of P and it is accredited. WTF is your degree in ass hat? Hooker?

You want to keep on posting bra? Not scared of your QQ posts bra... "

Re: Got a temp ban for posting this topic in world of warcraft.com healing forums...

Quote Originally Posted by lionheartz
    Ghostcrawler is not this stupid, this is just his way of saying he does not care about priests situation.
    Get a grip.

Re: Got a temp ban for posting this topic in world of warcraft.com healing forums...

wall of text
    didnt read it but grats

oh btw.. fail @ 2 topics

why don't you go put this much effort into something worthwhile op.

you just read too many bullshit QQ posts, and felt like you needed one too :P

is it as cool as you expected? are the views going up? maybe this will hit 10 pages! GL BROOO.

Theres a difference between insulting and disagreeing. You need to learn the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafia
    You are playing their game, under their rules. You play their toons, cuz you don't really "own" as your own. Meaning that you can't take it from their database. It's just reserved. If Blizz decided to wipe all toons in a server they can, and what are you gonna do? QQ?, threaten them?, sue them? Not play anymore? To put it simple, everyone is going to have to endure what Blizzard puts in each patch, whether it's nerfs or buffs.
    If that is the case why have forums?

giving me a temp ban for trolling and spamming even though this is what I truly think?
    I think all babies should get raped black people should be slaves women stay inside with no rights i truly think that but is it still worng

there is a right way to do somthing and a wrong way. pointing out the already obvious priest problems while they are trying to balance it isnt. its actully kind of a nusience just cause they have like 500 devs that dosent mean you ask and they shall give its kinda complicated to do all that shit. time will most likely balence it out or close to. some classes are better at other classes and diffrent things thats how the game works.

By the way what i said about the babies and all that i didnt mean lol

chat with other players, learn new strategies/mechanics/class combos/something to do while servers are down

plenty of reasons for forums, dont be an idiot
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

I personally don't believe GC is being ignorant about the priest situation. However I can completely agree that she is ignoring the fact that raid leaders/guilds do indeed selectively choose which type of healer they bring. They seem to be trying to push their message that Hey any class will do because they are basically similar. I know darn well I would rather take a good mix of Aoe healers and direct healers to AOE intense fights like Sapphy as opposed to bringing nothing but paladins.

The one problem I have with your post is you assume that there is some kind of priest discrimination going on. Priests are fabulous, amazing even, healers. COH is still one of the strongest AOE heals, sure it is worse with the nerf, but still good. Disc brings phenomenal damage avoidance for the tanks and with that is real close to the best single target healer in the game. Shadow is good DPS and mana regen utility.

Learn to play a class for the class, not because it is the FOTM class.

Quote Originally Posted by jizzyburnizzy
    chat with other players, learn new strategies/mechanics/class combos/something to do while servers are down

plenty of reasons for forums, dont be an idiot

You missed my point but I feel my thread was fine and did not need a ban whatsoever. I have seen threads far worse with no bans compared to mine.

Actually, we bring priests in all the time. We bring priests that have a sense beyond 'let me spam one button to make the world go 'round.'

If you have trouble getting into raids, perhaps it is time to take a look at yourself and why YOU are not being invited to raid groups.

Every server has a different makeup -- so attempting to make an assumption for every server leads me to agree with Ghostcrawler here.

What the hell are you even arguing about at this point in time? This is a 'QQ' post not because you are upset about not getting groups, but because you make the assumption that shamans, paladins, and druids get groups more often than priests and offer NO evidence in any way shape or form which would be productive to the healing community nor offer any insightful suggestions of class improvements (or class stability).

AKA Shut. Up. You. Stupid. Child.
    Johnny: Dad! I did it?!
    Dad: Did what?! Cure Cancer?!?!!
    Johnny: Nah; I made the first post on a forum sticky! All shall tremble before me in my awesomeness!!!1!

Re: Got a temp ban for posting this topic in world of warcraft.com healing forum

I saw it was locked, and I was wondering why, and a ban on you, now that is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by konju
    Actually, we bring priests in all the time. We bring priests that have a sense beyond 'let me spam one button to make the world go 'round.'

If you have trouble getting into raids, perhaps it is time to take a look at yourself and why YOU are not being invited to raid groups.

Every server has a different makeup -- so attempting to make an assumption for every server leads me to agree with Ghostcrawler here.

What the hell are you even arguing about at this point in time? This is a 'QQ' post not because you are upset about not getting groups, but because you make the assumption that shamans, paladins, and druids get groups more often than priests and offer NO evidence in any way shape or form which would be productive to the healing community nor offer any insightful suggestions of class improvements (or class stability).

AKA Shut. Up. You. Stupid. Child.
    Your opinion is noted but no need to insult because I can disagree with you and I do and say how dumb you are? But will you like it? No you wont!

Re: Got a temp ban for posting this topic in world of warcraft.com healing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Drun
    I saw it was locked, and I was wondering why, and a ban on you, now that is just stupid.
    It kinda boggles my mind also lol. My point to all of you is it seems that if my thread can get banned by disagreeing with devs then your thread may also down the road. Just giving you all a heads up.

Is it just me, or do all the good posts come Tuesdays during maintenance...lol.

I am guessing the player is the problem here. Our priests that know how to heal get into all of our raids. The CoH ones, not so much.

For constructive threads?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Your opinion is noted but no need to insult because I can disagree with you and I do and say how dumb you are? But will you like it? No you wont!
    No. The problem here is quite simple. Read the Healing forums.

These new role forums are a new experience for all of us. Part of their intent is to consolidate class balance discussions into one place. If you want to discuss class balance in PvE or PvP, this is a great place to do it. The existing class forums are intended primarily for distributing information among players. The class designers, such as myself, visit those less often than the role forums.

1) These forums will be moderated more heavily than you might be used to. To some extent, we are encouraging debates between different classes and at times those discussions may get heated. Please make some attempt to treat each other with respect. Flames and trolls tend to get deleted. Repeat offenders tend to get banned.

2) Before you start a new thread, look to see if there is already an existing thread on the topic. If there isn't, that's cool. But we would rather have fewer, longer threads than many short threads.
    7) Before you hit that Post button, ask yourself if other players or blues will really get anything out of your post. If not, don't do it.

That's the use of the forums. To make class suggestions that would assist the blizzard designers in making changes to the class structure which would enable them to yield something from your ideas. In short: you are given the opportunity, if done constructively and viewed, to make positive feedback changes in the game you play.

This is an amazing opportunity to take the time and give the developers and designers suggestions. You, however, did nothing that fits that criteria. In fact, you posted what 100 other priests posted -- especially in regards to class 'inequality.'

So:

1) You didn't read other posts. Which there are already multiple posts regarding this 'oh my class is inferior to other healing classes.'
    2) You offered NO suggestions in any format which would assist a developer in yielding positive (or negative) feedback for class change. In fact, you made a wall of text which is a time sink for a developer attempting to invest time in player-based suggestions.
    3) You hit submit on a topic that, in reviewing the top two, was hostile towards the game designers. In that, you also specifically 'called out' the moderator of the forums to insult him (and yes, calling an individual a 'liar' in one fashion or another is an insult).
    4) You made this post for personal flame and venting. Which, taking 1,2,3 into account, merits a ban based upon the operation and purpose of the forums which is outlined in the 'read me before you post' sticky at the top of the forums.

In short, I'd have given you a permaban and set an example of you. And, also in conclusion, Shut. Up. You. Stupid. Child.
    Johnny: Dad! I did it?!
    Dad: Did what?! Cure Cancer?!?!!
    Johnny: Nah; I made the first post on a forum sticky! All shall tremble before me in my awesomeness!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by konju
    No. The problem here is quite simple. Read the Healing forums.

These new role forums are a new experience for all of us. Part of their intent is to consolidate class balance discussions into one place. If you want to discuss class balance in PvE or PvP, this is a great place to do it. The existing class forums are intended primarily for distributing information among players. The class designers, such as myself, visit those less often than the role forums.

1) These forums will be moderated more heavily than you might be used to. To some extent, we are encouraging debates between different classes and at times those discussions may get heated. Please make some attempt to treat each other with respect. Flames and trolls tend to get deleted. Repeat offenders tend to get banned.

2) Before you start a new thread, look to see if there is already an existing thread on the topic. If there isn't, that's cool. But we would rather have fewer, longer threads than many short threads.
    7) Before you hit that Post button, ask yourself if other players or blues will really get anything out of your post. If not, don't do it.

That's the use of the forums. To make class suggestions that would assist the blizzard designers in making changes to the class structure which would enable them to yield something from your ideas. In short: you are given the opportunity, if done constructively and viewed, to make positive feedback changes in the game you play.

This is an amazing opportunity to take the time and give the developers and designers suggestions. You, however, did nothing that fits that criteria. In fact, you posted what 100 other priests posted -- especially in regards to class 'inequality.'

So:

1) You didn't read other posts. Which there are already multiple posts regarding this 'oh my class is inferior to other healing classes.'
    2) You offered NO suggestions in any format which would assist a developer in yielding positive (or negative) feedback for class change. In fact, you made a wall of text which is a time sink for a developer attempting to invest time in player-based suggestions.
    3) You hit submit on a topic that, in reviewing the top two, was hostile towards the game designers. In that, you also specifically 'called out' the moderator of the forums to insult him (and yes, calling an individual a 'liar' in one fashion or another is an insult).
    4) You made this post for personal flame and venting. Which, taking 1,2,3 into account, merits a ban based upon the operation and purpose of the forums which is outlined in the 'read me before you post' sticky at the top of the forums.

In short, I'd have given you a permaban and set an example of you. And, also in conclusion, Shut. Up. You. Stupid. Child.
    Are you Ghostcrawler? and then whoever you are no need to call me stupid and still the forum rules still not point out why I should get a ban? I voiced a opinion and was disagreed with. BTW I have no repect for you poster and I feel I am smarter than you will ever be in your life lol. Like I need WoW... Like I need you... I do not sir and btw who hell are you?

Just because he is a child doesn't mean he can't play. I'm pretty sure kids and adults play this game together.