Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Death Knights: What did you reroll from?

Druid.

Raided as every spec, though went from Kara to BT as Feral, stopped raiding, and picked it up months later as Balance. All in all, I still have to say Druid is my favorite overall class. I just ended up putting about 170 days /played with it, and needed something new. I wanted something that was difficult to master, and so far have been pretty impressed with the DK.

The rotations aren't to complicated, but you need to be aware of your Rune cooldowns, how many runes are used by your abilities, runic power, and pet if you're Unholy. As a balance druid, all I had to worry about for the most part, was refreshing Moonfire, and taking advantage of Eclipse procs.

Lots of fun. Currently DPS as Blood, and Tank as Frost. Gonna give Unholy PvP a try once I get some gear.

Warrior tank classic wow up to 3rd drake in BWL.
    Warrior tank TBC up to Gruul’s lair.
    Fury warrior rest of TBC up to Brutallus.

Then took a break. When I came back, I wanted to try something different. Unholy DK at lvl 76 atm, and already started to question my choice as the pve dps rotation has become routine. But being able to solo named elites is cool. Still, I started to question my choice. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    Also didn't want to level from 1-55 again.
    Yeah, same thing.
    They say, DKs population will normalize over time but it never will because of this.
    There'll be a lot less, for sure, but too many anyway.

Im an altaholic... 1st started with lock, had him all of vanilla, then when TBC arrived, tried a shammy which then became main (resto due to lack of healers). then tried huntard and left it for pvp... then i tried DK, and man its easy to lvl. i was trying to lvl shammy 1st but the dk makes it so easy that i might just skip shammy for now and just lvl dk to 80. im thinking of doing some thanking since i dont have a tank yet. i have a 70 lock, 72 shammy, 51 boomkin, 39 rogue (somewhat twinky), 32 priest, and 33 mage (i think...)... yea... i used to have lots of mine in hand.

however i still do love my shammy, and after new patch comes out, im putting my scape cow on a mechanostrider 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this forum are getting worser and worser

My main in BC (at least up until Wrath) was a Warlock, but I was actually planning to reroll Paladin for this expansion. But on day one, after tanking a couple of instances, I realized that I was actually kind of bored questing as a Paladin, so I rolled a DK and haven't looked back. Recently though, I've started playing my Enhancement Shaman again and found it's a lot more fun than it was in BC (though I loved the class in BC as well).

It was a bit of a big change for me. In Vanilla I was a Restoration Shaman, and in TBC I was a Holy Paladin. Now I'm a Frost DK :3

Quote Originally Posted by Temakhi
    Warrior/Druid here. Was just sick of being OP all the time
    wow, quoted for fail

Rogue.

Sick of bringing no utility to parties and thought to myself... What better utility is there than a tank?!

Holy Priest Pre-Bc, Holy priest in BC then wen Shadow and got 1/2 thru BT and then rerolled DK come wrath. Was one of the first 80 DK's on my server too

Rogue and i love my choice. Levelling dk is easy and after 3 years of pure dps i wanted to change a bit.
    Never regretted my decision, levelling as rogue is a pain.

Ret Pally & Rogue.

I thoroughly enjoy melee dps...and I honestly love my DK. <3

Deleted

Rerolled from my paladin actually (which was protection in TBC) to my Trispecced DK,
    Got full epic and so on with it, but eventually I got bored (!) so now I'm back leveling my paladin (this time as holy because it's somewhat fun now compared to in TBC).

My main is and will always be a warlock.

However I did have a paladin I was levelling to tank on just for stuff like Naxx etc. Generally I find paladins to be the most boring class ingame and one I could never get my head around. I tanked on my paladin a bit but they are too "pink" for me. So I tried off a DK to tank and well - heals without casting, a darker feel, if you aoe tank as holy there are a lot of parallels with the aoe tanking paladins did. Only they don't look half as daft with it. So my tank I was levelling got rerolled

just to have something new to play and come to find out its not so new after all just a mesh of 2 classes oh well! it gives me something to do when i am not raiding so cheers!
    "I have been to a place where Love and Pain are one.... Where dancers Glide and Masks hide...."

warlock, though I'm a heavy-reroller. Actually, as I don't raid, I don't really have a main. I play my DK a lot, but I'm also playing a priest, a mage, my former warlock, a warrior and a shaman (which is lvl 13 )

I played a mage almost since release, and retired it out of pure curiosity, cuz a friend of mine told me that DK was insanely fun.

So i created mine and as i hit 58, my mage suddenly was forgotten.

So now I'm geared half in epics half in more-or-less-crap, and i'm still somewhat sceptical about arenas (which was the reason I played the game for the last year...), it's still a lot of face rolling and not the well-planned killing of an enemy as it was on my mage.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Ret Paladin

Not that I didn't approve of the new buffs we got... I didn't approve how we got them. (long story) I rerolled DK because, well I just wanted to. It's new, thought I'd try it out. I ended up liking it. =) No other reason other than "I just wanted to."
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Spriest and Rogue... which is great, since DK feels to me like a mashup of the two of them (keeping up DoTs, scheduling melee skills/strikes, heal by doing damage...)

Resto druid from Launch until now (as a pretty heavy raider he's always been my 'main' for lack of a better word)...got him to 80 and got bored waiting for the rest of the guild to catch up for raiding. Lvl'd my Pally tank to 80, hit uncrittable and again was bored waiting. Picked up a Blood DK for fun (rather then lvl my 70 lock who has lost all appeal with the way Blizzard broke the class)....definitely my favorite DPS class thus far.

Pre Wrath I had a Resto Druid, Prot Pally and Afflicition Lock, all T5 or better geared and having cleared BT on all but the lock (he only made it to 4/9 BT). As far as DPSing the Dk blows the lock out of the water in both fun and OP'dness (yes I know that's not a word, sue me). Thinking about swinging an odd Blood/Unholy - DW dps spec to see if I can find one that works and I like.

Priest. Got sick of people telling me 2 spam nothing but CoH in 5 man heroic because it was "the best spell i had 'retard' and should bind it to everything, lol why you using flash heal lol", and then leaving the party when I took their advice and spammed CoH and wiped.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth