Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

So is this a good Arena 2v2 spec with a rogue/disc priest?

So this is what i do in Arena.

1. Buff up throw HoTs and Shiled on both of us 15 secs before game starts
    2. Run out and check who were fighitng (if a DK doesnt grab instantly and wtf pwns me)
    3 Rogue trys to sap and if succesful i go divin hymn that target as soon as he opens up on the other.
    4 Rogue burns down target as i heal and help DPS current main focus target
    5 Target dies and its now 1v2

This a good setup?

Now as for my Spec

1. Penance isnt that great of a spell idd rather just keep renew and PoM and PW:S up on my partner
    2. I would rather have Spirit of Redemption so if i get owned and the rogue is able to take someone else down fast i can keep heals on him for a good 10 secs

The Spec:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

Re: So is this a good Arena 2v2 spec with a rogue/disc priest?

I think Rogue/DPriest will become better as the season goes on, and if Blizzard decides to address the amount of burst damage vs. survivability in Arenas.

1) Is not viable because the Arena now removes all buffs with a duration of 30 seconds or less, so no pre-HoTing or shielding. Don't bother. Your Rogue doesn't need a shield right away anyhow.

2) Unless it's it's Ring, let the Rogue do the checking. If it is, he should be trying for a Sap right away.

3) As long as your focus target isn't in range of DH, remember it has a damage reduction component as well.

4) Remember your Rogue should Blind after the Fear/DH and you should be watching for a trinket and calling it out, and also possibly go for a Vanish/re-Sap.

5) Perhaps. A lot of whether or not this happens is choosing the correct CC target and the correct kill target and knowing when you can switch.

A lot of DPriests are skipping out on Penance, because most of the time, it's not their partner being focused, so Penance becomes a waste. The talents surrounding Penance are largely lackluster overall, especially without Penance.

Your spec looks fine to me, I'd think about the usefulness of Grace without Penance - are you going to be able to consistently be able to keep that buff stacked? It only lasts 8 seconds. You're going to be using a lot of instant cast heals, Renew, PW:S, PoM; just to stay up, fakecasting Flash Heals as you are focused. It's only semi-useful.

I also think you are underestimating the usefulness of Imp. Inner Fire as it aids your survival. The 2400 or so armor it grants is significant, especially considering a lot of teams are running heavy melee. Imp. IF also adds more charges and a good amount of spellpower for your throughput.

Imp. PW: Fort is also another talent that is possibly overlooked in helping you stay alive in this Season's environment. Really, it's extra health, and against a lot of teams, it's not going to get dispelled.

I'm pretty sure I agree with your choice of not picking up Rapture for PvP, but I might judge it as more useful than Enlightenment as the season goes on and you stay alive long enough to worry about your mana pool.

Finally, while I go 3/3 in Blessed Recovery, a lot of people are claiming it's not worth the talent points and that they only go 1/3 as debuff fodder. While I personally disagree, it's something to keep in mind.

I swapped to disc after trying out shadow in arena (fucking fail to be shadow atm) and I am not getting owned by DKs - Abolish Disease ftw.

I don't agree with the spec, even if you are getting focused you will want Penance. It's not just a healing spell and its damage component might seem low but arena is all about min-maxing.

About spec - I'd go with this one

Doesnt matter that much at the start, your going to get facerolled by most 2 x dps teams anyway and die in seconds.

Just try out some builds and find one your happy with, then hopefully you might have played a few weeks and got some more stam/resilience.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Keelie:

I understand what your saying, I didnt even think of Imp.IF, forgot that armor will also help very much in Arena right now (nub move)

We basically do what you say also, I try to get a glimpse of whats there but mainly try go get out of LoS so they cant see me.

As for Grace, i may respec because it has yet to prove useful right now because i infact spam Binding heal instead of flash heal and all the othe HoTs.

For all who take this Spec I highly suggest Glyph of Spirit Redemption, its kept me healing for about 20 secs after death so we were able to win.

Also looking into glyph of PW:S because there are barely and dispelling going on atm.

As for you Syanid:

Penance is not needed whatsoever right now.

You must stand for 3 secs and basically become vunerable for that time, as you do with casting a Flash Heal or Binding Heal.

You should be running around and trying to stay max range from all DPS but in range of your partner to heal.

The damage output is as good as the damage from Shadow Word: Death which id rather use and is an instant cast.

Also throughout the Arena match you should be DoTing the focus fire enemie with SW:P, and Devouring Plague which blizzard so nicely gave all priests.

Basically how arena is now, if you want to heal i highly suggest this spec until resilience "kicks in" and the burst is nerfed, fromt here we will have to find a new 1

The Spec:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Avein101

As for you Syanid:

Penance is not needed whatsoever right now.

You must stand for 3 secs and basically become vunerable for that time, as you do with casting a Flash Heal or Binding Heal.
    1700 rating with not a single piece of pvp gear and with only healing belt on me (so I'm there with shadow pve gear), playing with mildly retarded hunter.

Penance is 2 sec cast, not 3. With Power Infusion + Borrowed time it's even less. And it saved us from losing many many times out of 50ish games we played.

I totally disagree it's not needed, it's definitely nice thing to save your teammate from imminent death and it costs nearly no mana.

Btw. you're vulnerable the second you get caught by melee and when you fire your instants. You can either try to run around waiting for pom / pws to cool down or you can cast fheal or whatever. Anyway, to everyone his own. You play without penance, I play with penance and I think it's up to each player to decide what style to choose.

You can doubt of almost everthing except that penance is good.

I think you play another game mate...

Plus points for penance:

2 second cast baseline but subject to haste (and there is masses of haste around to be had)
    First 'ball' is instant which means even if you're interupted you got some healing down (unlike FH or GH)
    Penance on cooldown = grace 100% uptime without worrying about it
    Practically mana free, or at least as near as damned
    It's a little extra damage if it's ever needed

Downsides:

Can't be self cast
    Needs 51 points in Disc

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

With all the burst double dps teams running around Spirit of Redemption > Penance since you will be focused unless your running with a lock or shadowpriest (lol).

As for the strat, i ran rogue/DP in S3 and beginning of S4, hit ~ 1850's.

The strat we found would be
    1) Make someone trinket.
    This is by far the most important step you can take in this team, especially against a dps/healer team.
    2) After the trinket, set up for a burst/cc
    Now it may be harder in this expansion because there is so much burst right now, but if it every fixes itself then this is the way to go.
    3) Once your CCs are up, call it out (Hopefully your using vent) and you AND the rogue burst one target and CC another, believe it or not MC works for this strat in arena.

Although things are much different in the expansion, this still might work. For double DPS its still trying to get 1 to trinket.. for example. Ret pally/DK
    Sap pally, pally trinkets, blind him, he bubbles (If he doesnt then it should be over anyway cuz your rogue and you should be able to take the DK alone) but then when he does, wait it out, heal the rogue through it, and then fear the pally when its out. He should only have his bubble for a little bit, and you should be able to heal through it.

And dont forget to mass dispell the BOP.. thats important
    "Nerf rock, Paper's fine." - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidis
    he bubbles (If he doesnt then it should be over anyway cuz your rogue and you should be able to take the DK alone) but then when he does, wait it out, heal the rogue through it, and then fear the pally when its out. He should only have his bubble for a little bit, and you should be able to heal through it.
    Why not just MD the bubble as soon as it goes up?

Sap him, hope he trinkets, blind him, hope he bubbles, MD bubble and he's now open to CC with no prevention measures remaining.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.