Thread: PVP Idea

  1. #1

    PVP Idea

    I just thought of an idea for a PVP spell, going with the nethershifting everyone's been talking about for pets.

    Nethershift: Shifts the Warlock into a lesser invisibility state where they can see hostile enemies, however attacking cancels effect. Lasts 10 seconds unless canceled, during duration you gain 10% regeneration to health and mana, 2 sec cast in which if attacked is canceled. 2 min CD

    Tell me what you think, if over powered, tell me why and try and to make it not over powered. If stupid, well, just say so in a polite way, its christmas anyway.

    Take care and Merry Christmas!

  2. #2

    Re: PVP Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo328
    I just thought of an idea for a PVP spell, going with the nethershifting everyone's been talking about for pets.

    Nethershift: Shifts the Warlock into a lesser invisibility state where they can see hostile enemies, however attacking cancels effect. Lasts 10 seconds unless canceled, during duration you gain 10% regeneration to health and mana, 2 sec cast in which if attacked is canceled. 2 min CD

    Tell me what you think, if over powered, tell me why and try and to make it not over powered. If stupid, well, just say so in a polite way, its christmas anyway.

    Take care and Merry Christmas!
    no just no

  3. #3

    Re: PVP Idea

    Thats pretty much a mage invisibility and evo combined into one spell. That is assuming the mage specs for intant invisibilty, and evocation to reduce the CD, and has the evocation glyph to restore health aswell. I wish I could evocate while invisible. So I think it would be a bit over powered, especially since you can see hostile targets while invisible.

    Its true warlocks need something to help them in PvP, but it should be more tailored toward a warlock mind set. Blizzard has already made classes too similar as it is, and Warlocks getting their "blink" is as close to a mage as i want them to ever be.

    On the right track, but I think something more unique and well suited to a lock should be implented. I would not be apposed to pets helping the warlock more then they do, either by damage mitigation, or PvP useful abilities. Blizzard has already posted that they are looking into something along those lines. Can't wait to see it.

    P.S. Merry Christmas to you too!

  4. #4

    Re: PVP Idea

    I think it will be good if they nerf a bit Metamorphosis and make it permanent form. Maybe something like this:

    Metamorphosis:
    You transform in to a demon, which icrease your armor by 300%, reduces the chance you will be critically hit by melee atacks by 3% and reduce the duration of snear and stun effects on you by 30%. You gain some unique demon abilities in adition to your normal abilities.

    I think it will be balanced, because now the melee classes are doing realy good burst damage and 300%(down from 600%) increase on cloth armor will not be a challenge. Also the 20% damage increase is removed so it will not be OP at all. The crit chance reduction is also down with 50%...plus snear and stun reduction is 30%(down from 50%) again not OP. What you think?

    P.S. Merry Christmas!!!

  5. #5

    Re: PVP Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    I think it will be good if they nerf a bit Metamorphosis and make it permanent form. Maybe something like this:

    Metamorphosis:
    You transform in to a demon, which icrease your armor by 300%, reduces the chance you will be critically hit by melee atacks by 3% and reduce the duration of snear and stun effects on you by 30%. You gain some unique demon abilities in adition to your normal abilities.

    I think it will be balanced, because now the melee classes are doing realy good burst damage and 300%(down from 600%) increase on cloth armor will not be a challenge. Also the 20% damage increase is removed so it will not be OP at all. The crit chance reduction is also down with 50%...plus snear and stun reduction is 30%(down from 50%) again not OP. What you think?

    P.S. Merry Christmas!!!
    I see 2 problems, a) not everyone wants to be demo.
    b)Most melee (every melee but warriors and bm hunters to a slightly lower extend) does magical dmg with their melee dmg. Armour pre 3.0 was a lot better for survivability than it is right now.

    Oh and the dmg output isn't really the problem just that healthpools are too low and pets have no resi.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •