how much armor for heroics?

Hey guys.

Just wanted to know how much armor a feral druid needs to have in bearform, to be able to tank heroics.. atm I have 18000 armor, 22000 HP.. will that be good enough?

thx in advance

and merry xmas

EDIT: got almost 20k armor now and 23779 HP

Re: how much armor for heroics?

No that wont' be good enough.

I started tanking easy heroics at 23k or so armor but about 26k hp and it was hard...

I'm currently sitting at 30k armor 32k HP and 35.5% dodge unbuffed and some heroics are still hard. Your best bet is to run regular instances and get some more gear and do the rep grind thing to get that armor/health/dodge up before trying heroics.

Of course, if you have a healer in full 25man naxx gear, then it'd be a different story :P

It's good enough really, try to pick up classes in your group that give buffs for tanking : Shammy/Priest/Warlock

You can start with the easy ones like violet hold, UK, nexus in those you can gather some more gear for the harder heroics. Also look out for craftable items or stuff from AH, there's some pretty nice stuff sometimes which is pretty cheap. ( or well atleast for me since I'm drowning in my own money since wotlk :P )

There is also some nice pieces from group quests and normal instances that can help. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44405, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44397 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44409. These will all serve you well. Plus as previously mentioned some AH items.

LootRank.com - Bear

use this to see what you can get then as you progress add heroics and then add 10 mans & 25 mans when you progress to those stages. i did add leather working BoP but adjust it to your professions.

I tanked heroic HoL in my T6 gear with only a few random 80 blues. I only had 20k armor and 19.6k hp unbuffed as a warrior tank and we did all the achievments. But it could be because it was a guildy run and everyone else was in Naxx gear. >.>

18,000 armor? sounds like you havent got much armor gear. the verry evening I turned L80 I went in heroic Violet hold and cleared it ( afew wipes but who's counting ).

I found heroic Nexus and heroic Utgarde quite easy to start with.
    and go loot the ring in heroic Drak Tharon :-P

Just farm UK until you get the staff and belt from final boss.

I'm rocking 31k health and armor self-buffed. Popping Bear Stand with full raid buffs gives me 53k health
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

With 20k armor *IN BEAR* and 23k *OUT OF BEAR* your tanking in bear form should be just fine.

I've tanked over half the heroics with about 20k armor in bear form and about 31k unbuffed health in bear form.

Just remember to abuse any avoidance your trinkets may offer and use barkskin on all AOE pulls if available to help the healer.

Good luck w/ tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh
    i've seen a warrior with 23k hp with only motwbuff and tanked through whole HoL Hc without wipes, druid healer
    Warrior and druid tank's aren't comparable.

Warriors have a lot more avoidance which makes a 23k hp pools possible for tanking.

Druids only have dodge, armor and health to rely on. Druids only have barkskin which is a 1 min CD and lasts for 12 seconds, it helps, however, not as consistent as other tanks.

Warriors have dodge, parry, block, armor, health, and abilities on short cool downs such as Shield block which will greatly increase their chance to block and is 10 second cool down. They also have multiple single target and aoe stuns to lessen damage in aoe pulls.

Either way, point being, warriors are still superior tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boomshakolaka
    Warrior and druid tank's aren't comparable.

Warriors have a lot more avoidance which makes a 23k hp pools possible for tanking.

Druids only have dodge, armor and health to rely on. Druids only have barkskin which is a 1 min CD and lasts for 12 seconds, it helps, however, not as consistent as other tanks.

Warriors have dodge, parry, block, armor, health, and abilities on short cool downs such as Shield block which will greatly increase their chance to block and is 10 second cool down. They also have multiple single target and aoe stuns to lessen damage in aoe pulls.

Either way, point being, warriors are still superior tanks.
    true as well as the Slow debuff all tanks have now, a warrior has the best verson of it its built into thunder clap, a very high threat aoe that gives max % on the first hit. where as we have mangle and maul and even with berserk which is on a timmer that is 30x longer then thunder claps, we still cant keep every mob slowed to give us more survival. right now warriors are really pushing pallys out of the main aoe tanking spot just due to the mechanics of thunderclap.

as far as armor pre heroics to find out if your ready there are many threads on this site about what is needed for heroics, then 10 mans then 25 mans.

easy way to get ready is get the staff from quest in south west zul d, off the wanted poster, get lwing epics and the rest of the 78 level pvp set, i know its pvp but its got the sta you will need, get 2 decent rings, 2 decent trinkets (a good ring or 2 is fromt he oculus quest for normal mode) find a neck piece and then your good to go and enter a heroic or two. dont quite remember the stats but first day i did heroics in that gear we got strath, nexus, uk, up, gundrak, and hos heroics done.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.