Presence for Frost PVP

So I've been raiding as Blood all along, but switched to a Frost spec with a few left over points in Blood for arenas. Running 3s atm with a bladestorm warrior and a holy pally, went 20 and 3 this week and sitting at 1697, but I'm still not settled on which Presence would be better. Ran most with unholy...just because I didn't have a boot enchant for speed and didn't wanna shell out mats/lose the attack power on my PVE boots. The faster GCD's is nothing to frown at either, but the dmg is far greater with Blood Presence so I dunno...any thoughts?

Re: Presence for Frost PVP

WTB sexy response

Deleted

usually all response blood is pve dps, frost tanking and unholy pvp spec.
    But I use only unholy and frost precenses. I use while mounted, guarding flag or something like, waiting for something that I dont know like some rogue might come and suprise me, so I take less dmg while stunned also I use it if I am being attacked Imo less dmg you take, the longer your survive the more dmg you do. and unholy I use while engaged and not getting mostly any dmg, some small dmg isnt problem, and I want to nuke my target as fast as I can

To be honest with you, I'd use all the diffrent presences depending on the given situation. I prefer to use Frost Presence based on the simple fact you take less damage thus having a higher chance to survive and therefor will be able to put out more damage (Like Tranmet said above) -

If the opposite team are not focusing you then swap you could swap to blood presence and just pewpew or if your in the crowd controlling mood or someone is running off - switch to unholy. It's up to you to "Learn" / decide what presence to use at what times.

Sort of like hunter & Warrior aspects / stances - But ours are far superior

gomi

usually all response blood is pve dps, frost tanking and unholy pvp spec.
    This would be better to say instead: blood pve dps, frost tanking and all three presences is for pvp (we talking about presences not spec).

and unholy pvp spec
    I assume you mean unholy presences not unholy spec. If not you are completly wrong.

Depends on situation and rotation.

For unholy and frost specs I usually use Blood, because they don't use a lot of runes, and this way each ability gains a boost in damage in exchange for their big rune cost.

For blood I usually use unholy, because it uses a lot of 1 rune abilities and those sudden doom procs, allowing the use of more abilities.

Frost presence is generally used in arena only, because there it really counts to stay alive.

That's my opinion anyway, if you really mind dying in BGs, frost presence is the right one for you.
    I don't so, I use dps presences.

frost presance is going to be your standard goto presance for pvp. you may occasionally swap to blood if your trying to run someone down, or you need to try to burst someone down before CC on his healer wears off, but your gonna want to use frost most of the time
    all hail king frost strike

If I'm approaching enemies - Blood.
    If I want to hit harder - Blood
    If I need to run faster in the tunnels, etc - Unholy
    If I want to kill fast, not so much hit harder - Unholy
    If I want to be a butthole to kill - Frost
    If I'm carrying the flag - Frost

I used to go unholy almost all the time unless I see that I'm going to be focus'ed but lately I have been trying out blood and it does have its uses.

Blood has the advantage of doing the most damage with your limited resources. Albeit it is a little slower in coming than say unholy but there are times when even if you go a little faster it still doesn't do the job like killing healers. At some point in your rotation assuming you can get it all in you're sitting on your rune timers.

Lately I have been finding Blood to be more appealing probably because I use Chains of Ice exclusively to apply my Frost Fever. I never use Icy Touch. So I have less kiting issues making the extra speed boost a little less necessary.

You will need to judge how large your windows of opportunity are. If you have only a few seconds to do your damage then unholy would be your answer. If you have plenty of time to unload all you damage and sitting on timers an excessive amount of time I'd go blood.