Helpful Tanking Hint

Per situations where you notice plenty of rage , I have FF, Mangle, Swipe, and Lacerate all marcoed to activate Maul. Since Maul is based on swing timer and is not attached to the GCC of the rest of the abilities, having it macroed keeps it up all the time.

I've found it very easy to tank using this metod. Always awesome to spam an ability that you never have to actually activate.

Thisperis

Re: Helpful Tanking Hint

haha heeeeey!!
    it works!

im not going to say this is bad, but druid tanking is SOOOOO easy all ready that i don't think id like something to make it easier. I like to select each ability as i see fit and use them as they are needed.

I've been playing feral druid for some time now, and i find the difficulty of tanking has decreased considerably. It if is far less fun, being able to taunt all the time they should go back to the old method when tanking and dpsing required careful calculation and skill. Now people dps with no regard for threat and tanks can just taunt if they loose threat, which is very rare since all tanks are producing a retarded amount of threat.

technically u cud make this easier

/cast maul
    /cast mangle
    /cast lacerate

/faceroll

basically, this macro will do 3 things

1. auto cast maul
    2. auto cast mangle when it is off cooldown
    3. cast lacerate when mangle is on cooldown

= 1 button tanking

Absolutely true. Druid tanking has gotten insanely easy. It's always nice to have the dps boost though. Always having maul up, with Rend and Tear and Lacerate with the glyph is a nice dps boost. Even though you're there to tank, why not hurt some feelings at the same time?

Thisperis

sorry, i made a mistake, 2 button tanking. the above macro is for single mob tanking

/cast maul
    /cast mangle
    /cast swipe

multimob tanking macro

your forgeting feral ff and demoralizeing roar, honestly i find it sad that feral ff is more threat per second then lacerate now, even at 6 seconds its 2500 threat + over 3500 if you crit, or for me it is lol.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

my 2 button tanking doesnt take into account things like taunt and stuff, that you may just have to do yourself.

this macro will pop 3 things... barkskin... survival instincts... and a health pot starting with lock's health stone and works it way down. next to this is my frenzy regen, the reason why i dont add it to the macro is because it uses rage and this macro does not. to look up item:##### here

#showtooltip Survival Instincts
    /cast Barkskin
    /cast Survival Instincts
    /use Fel Healthstone
    /use item:33447
    /use item:40087
    /use item:34440
    /use item:22850
    /use item:39671
    /use item:33092
    /use item:43531
    /use item:32947
    /use item:22829

this macro is start attack macro on mangle so i can start attacking even if i do not have rage or energy.

#showtooltip [stance:1] Mangle - Bear; [stance:3] Mangle - Cat
    /startattack
    /cast [stance:1] Mangle - Bear; [stance:3] Mangle - Cat

this is my one button travel macro button

/use [swimming] Aquatic Form; [flyable, nocombat] Swift Flight Form
    /stopmacro [flying]
    /use [outdoors, nocombat] Black War Mammoth; [outdoors] !Travel Form

15+ Year Old Account

i still bind all my keys and faceroll to tank, worked in BC and it still works now. BEAR TANKS FTW.

First: Good thinking OP, and along with everyone else's macro's.
    I dont use macro's (i used to badge of tenacity/moroes lucky pocket watch, but not anymore). I spam my keys individually so i actually keep my attention.

But I think theres confusion here... pressing buttons is easy mode on druids... but the actualy tanking can be tricky sometimes, try Branns mission in HoS on heroic, its pretty tough!!! no 360 aggro kills druids...

heres my helpful tanking hint for druids... If your rage starved, use a /sit command, or hit the X (default) to sit down, it guarantee's the mob will crit on you, and it generates an insane amount of rage... Only use when you have a good healer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knighjen
    heres my helpful tanking hint for druids... If your rage starved, use a /sit command, or hit the X (default) to sit down, it guarantee's the mob will crit on you, and it generates an insane amount of rage... Only use when you have a good healer!!!
    hahaha never thought of it, great idea

LOL, I love doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisperis
    LOL, I love doing that.
    LOL yea, the healers dont!! "WTF IS THAT SPIKE DMG?" "i thought you were crit immune?" etc... So I tell them "if you see me with no rage for longer than a second or 2, then expect me to be sitting down for a swing or 2"...

I had a /sleep macro for it.
    Made it interesting on boss fights in kara etc, because half the time it'd just be me spamming /sleep