My Lifeless Corpse.. (warlock pvp)

As for all specs in pvp, i think warlocks are nerfed. I am going to talk about destruction in this thread specifically, comments made may apply to other specs.

Melee vs My Pet: ret pallys and Deathknights 1 burst it for fun... i consistently witness it get murdered.

VS. Ret pally: My survivablity compared to BC is drastically lower, if the ret pally has gear, they can usually burst me while in 6 seconds (while stuned) however if i can get out of this stone alive, i can usually deathcoil fear my way to victory

VS. Rogue: Ok this is my biggist complaint, i have not yet killed a rogue 1v1.. the only time i have ever killed a rogue was when it wasn't attacking me. I

VS. DeathKnight: Probally the biggest complaint for arena, death grip into him and partner, end of story, if that does not happen than i think they are reasonably balanced vs casters EXCEPT the improved magic immune shield (unholy), Although it doesn't happen often, when it does it hurts

Suggestions: Some kind of defense for warlocks would erase all of mine and other warlocks complaints, demonic circle and fear dont help our Defense problem, we need something new. Also pets definitely need a health and armor bonus to stay alive.
    ty for your time

Re: My Lifeless Corpse.. (warlock pvp)

What anoys me about ret pallys is when they bubble i die before the duration is even up!

Imo Demonic Circle does help, but it would be really nice if it could be used while stuned!

Exactly, that is why we need some defense not just a blink

Lock having a cry about PvP, so your class is unbalanced now?
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded5542
    Lock having a cry about PvP, so your class is unbalanced now?
    Yes, troll. Yes
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

couldn't of said it any better than ^ did

Quote Originally Posted by Nuelement
    As for all specs in pvp, i think warlocks are nerfed. I am going to talk about destruction in this thread specifically, comments made may apply to other specs.

Melee vs My Pet: ret pallys and Deathknights 1 burst it for fun... i consistently witness it get murdered.

VS. Ret pally: My survivablity compared to BC is drastically lower, if the ret pally has gear, they can usually burst me while in 6 seconds (while stuned) however if i can get out of this stone alive, i can usually deathcoil fear my way to victory

VS. Rogue: Ok this is my biggist complaint, i have not yet killed a rogue 1v1.. the only time i have ever killed a rogue was when it wasn't attacking me. I

VS. DeathKnight: Probally the biggest complaint for arena, death grip into him and partner, end of story, if that does not happen than i think they are reasonably balanced vs casters EXCEPT the improved magic immune shield (unholy), Although it doesn't happen often, when it does it hurts

Suggestions: Some kind of defense for warlocks would erase all of mine and other warlocks complaints, demonic circle and fear dont help our Defense problem, we need something new. Also pets definitely need a health and armor bonus to stay alive.
    ty for your time

After reading that the only class that seems a bit OP is ret paladin, yet you say you can handle them most of the time. I get raped when a stun lands and i have no trinket as well. Alot of people do. I dont know what to say regarding that but, For rogues, They have pretty much always been able to handle a lock with ease, at least from my point of view. Deathknights hmm, Your only complaint is that they can grab you behind a pillar away from your healer and burst you? Thats not too bad, youll just have to time your abilities right, and even then if the DK is smart he'll have the anti magic thing up. They are pretty balanced if you ask me, they can be kited really easy since death grip is on a semi-long CD. Also they have no mortal strike so that should help you alot more.

You mentioned you are talking about destro mainly, Blizzard said that all specs arent made for PVP. But of course that wont make you choose to go any spec that you dont enjoy, but destro spec has always been not much of a threat because they can be bursted down quick. I think the main thing you are forgetting is, Most of the people are in naxx25 gear. People havent had time to get full res yet, once you get that everything will be like it used to. People wont be staying in pve gear and if they do, you got the res to back it. But from what you are posting, you kinda sound like you want an I win button, locks have plenty of defensive moves, just wait until res is capped.

So ret pallies, dk, and rogues are a prob for locks? Even as affli and or demo? Just wondering since I can see how destruction could be hard to pvp with, with melee, but what about the other specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_BunnySanta
    So ret pallies, dk, and rogues are a prob for locks? Even as affli and or demo? Just wondering since I can see how destruction could be hard to pvp with, with melee, but what about the other specs?
    ill say it like this. we die in 3-4blows and have absolutely no useful form of cc anymore. our escape method doesn't protect against stuns and our demons dont scale with gear and have 0 resil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

As someone that played a warlock in TBC, I managed 3rd place in 5v5 in season 3 in my battlegroup and stopped pvping at the end of season 3 for reason that seemed only obvious to few warlocks.

Take a class designed with no escape capability against melee (one cannot consider deathcoil a real option. Fear has way too many counters. Soul link only delays the inevitable).
    Take a class, in cloth armor, that has been designed with tanking melee in mind.
    Take a class that has damage over time as its core spells facing classes with instant and high damages.
    Take a class that has suffered a lot with the introduction of armor penetration.

And you get a class that received:
    all the same class design philosophy.
    DOTs versus people with 20k+ HP.
    Burst that can do 20k damage, faster than the duration of any DOT spell.
    a rubbish blink that has to be pre-set and that everyone can see.

With this in mind it is just impossible for the class to succeed. Either they buff survivability and then the class become overpowered or they buff damage and give it escape mechanisms and it becomes yet another mage type class.

I saw it coming and so did some top warlocks of my realms. We all fell back on rerolls and none of us play warlock anymore.

I am amazed at those few that stuck with the warlock class and dont mind its horrible current state: cuddos to you.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest
    As someone that played a warlock in TBC, I managed 3rd place in 5v5 in season 3 in my battlegroup and stopped pvping at the end of season 3 for reason that seemed only obvious to few warlocks.

Take a class designed with no escape capability against melee (one cannot consider deathcoil a real option. Fear has way too many counters. Soul link only delays the inevitable).
    Take a class, in cloth armor, that has been designed with tanking melee in mind.
    Take a class that has damage over time as its core spells facing classes with instant and high damages.
    Take a class that has suffered a lot with the introduction of armor penetration.

With this in mind it is just impossible for the class to succeed. Either they buff survivability and then the class become overpowered or they buff damage and give it escape mechanisms and it becomes yet another mage type class.

I saw it coming and so did some top warlocks of my realms. We all fell back on rerolls and none of us play warlock anymore.

I am amazed at those few that stuck with the warlock class and dont mind its horrible current state: cuddos to you.

meh i like my lock to much to reroll that and we are still pretty good in pve.
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Deleted

Atm I am playing my wl just for fun in pvp.

I find it quite funny to see crits on my wl in pvp, which I dont even see on full-debuffed raidbosses (affi specc) in pve ^^.

i personally dont think warlocks has been nerfed that much... they were just overpowered 2 begin with... i play a balance druid and i cant count how many times ive been raped by a lock with his FG and chainfeared 2 death... now i can win some fights but if lock is more skilled than me its harder, ur crying cuz u cant take on melees...

ur casters... u rnt supposed 2 tank them... ur supposed 2 kill them for far away, yes its hard 2 do againts a rogue but its part of rogues class... i 2 find rogues anoying but i can still get a few if i see them first, which effectivly disable their stunlock which is their best move...

now ur saying: ur a balance druid, u got plate like armor... but no, my armor comes with a price - my healing abilities are disabled... but i dont cry becuz of that, since its part of my class, its like amplify magic, buffs something and debuff somethin else, as a balance druid im great against some casters but its harder against melee, im NE so i now got Shadowmeld, i must admit it makes it easier againsts ranged as they untarget me, and in that time i have time 2 kill them, like when a locks pet runs back i got the oppurtunity... but my point is that ur class has always been overpowered with the most insance crits... and now they are on par with everybody else, and maybe its hard 2 handle but thats the way it is...

u might disagree but this is my oppinion, and yes i got a 70 lock so i know what im talkin about, it was s0 easy 2 kill stuff in arena as lock with a felguard and some lethal dots and a partner stunning them when they tried 2 get 2 me...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic

u might disagree but this is my oppinion, and yes i got a 70 lock so i know what im talkin about, it was s0 easy 2 kill stuff in arena as lock with a felguard and some lethal dots and a partner stunning them when they tried 2 get 2 me...
    level 70 -> level 80 lock, you really don't know what you're talking about. I have 8 alts some at lvl 70 & 4 of those at lvl 80 (lock
    is my main) but I'm not going to other classes forums to tell how the things are.

I find it interesting you think rogues are hard as destro. For some reason I see locks dueling rogues with felhunter, which is extremely retarded.

See, we locks got instant seduce in 3.0 with imp succy talent, and when you have SL up + 500 > resi, the ambush really wont crit more than 8 k. Which is ok, concidering its rogues strongest move, and after that he's forced to "fight fair". After that "huge" crit, and the fact you still have 12 k hp left, healthstone to heal 5 k and deathcoil for 2k, press seduce. Yep, its instant, I'm not gonna spoil the hard part of figuring how much it helps and when, but you'll get it.

Instant seduce has other uses too, but I let you figure it out yourself.

And to Cattaclysmic..."they were just overpowered 2 begin with" when did you start playing? Cause thats a big joke if u mean what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic
    i personally dont think warlocks has been nerfed that much... they were just overpowered 2 begin with... i play a balance druid and i cant count how many times ive been raped by a lock with his FG and chainfeared 2 death... now i can win some fights but if lock is more skilled than me its harder, ur crying cuz u cant take on melees...

ur casters... u rnt supposed 2 tank them... ur supposed 2 kill them for far away, yes its hard 2 do againts a rogue but its part of rogues class... i 2 find rogues anoying but i can still get a few if i see them first, which effectivly disable their stunlock which is their best move...

now ur saying: ur a balance druid, u got plate like armor... but no, my armor comes with a price - my healing abilities are disabled... but i dont cry becuz of that, since its part of my class, its like amplify magic, buffs something and debuff somethin else, as a balance druid im great against some casters but its harder against melee, im NE so i now got Shadowmeld, i must admit it makes it easier againsts ranged as they untarget me, and in that time i have time 2 kill them, like when a locks pet runs back i got the oppurtunity... but my point is that ur class has always been overpowered with the most insance crits... and now they are on par with everybody else, and maybe its hard 2 handle but thats the way it is...

step into the arena as a lock get hit 3-4 times and die then you will see where we are coming from. and how am i supposed to kill "melee from far away" when i have no way to stay far away. and if i kite and run then i can only cast 3 dots instant. and i cant use coa with other curses in case i need to. all melee have some way to close the gap between me and them. and the second that gap is closed your dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Slu
    I find it interesting you think rogues are hard as destro. For some reason I see locks dueling rogues with felhunter, which is extremely retarded.

See, we locks got instant seduce in 3.0 with imp succy talent, and when you have SL up + 500 > resi, the ambush really wont crit more than 8 k. Which is ok, concidering its rogues strongest move, and after that he's forced to "fight fair". After that "huge" crit, and the fact you still have 12 k hp left, healthstone to heal 5 k and deathcoil for 2k, press seduce. Yep, its instant, I'm not gonna spoil the hard part of figuring how much it helps and when, but you'll get it.

Instant seduce has other uses too, but I let you figure it out yourself.

And to Cattaclysmic..."they were just overpowered 2 begin with" when did you start playing? Cause thats a big joke if u mean what you say.
    as you just said "DUELING" arena is a whole different thing. it takes a total of 5 seconds to kill locks in arena. despite all of our talents.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest

Saw it coming when clothies started to break 10k sta and all the crit, haste, armor penetration, resil....the game mechanism only made locks weaker by the patch.