Deathknight tanking changes enough ?

So do you guys think that the upcoming changes to DK tanking, will be enough to make a DK a valid main tank?

Blizzard made Deathknights a primary tank class so one would assume that they at some point would be valid main tanks for raiding or am i wrong?

But back the the question.
    Will the upcoming changes be enough ? is this what the DK community wants? or is it just a step on the way?

I want to tank on my DK but my guild just arent using DK tanks cause and i quote " they arent viable" Is this true and will this change?

Thoughts?

Re: Deathknight tanking changes enough ?

This is completely false. I maintank as Unholy DK for my guild. We currently have all 10 and 25 man content on farm status and are bored with the game until Uldaur launches.

To me it sounds like they are missinformed or dont really have any dks with the skill and gear to show them it works.

I roll with 31khp unbuffed, 28% dodge 22% parry ( before Blade barrier ) and 29k armor. 554 Defense 3400 AP 174 hit 28 expertise. I havent had a single issue tanking anything to date.

So if they keep giving you grief on it tell them to check out some of my videos ill post when i get home tonight.

Btw -50% damage taken on a 1 mine cd another 40% less damage with dps increase on a 1 min CD + 2 trinks + AMS and AMZ. How can i not be viable?

Then ask them have they even suceeded @ Sartharion 3d.

But yeah thats my 2 cents on it, just tell them they need to start checking up on the classes bc as it stands DK is one of the strongest tanks out there after this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Visadin
    This is completely false. I maintank as Unholy DK for my guild. We currently have all 10 and 25 man content on farm status and are bored with the game until Uldaur launches.

To me it sounds like they are missinformed or dont really have any dks with the skill and gear to show them it works.

I roll with 31khp unbuffed, 28% dodge 22% parry ( before Blade barrier ) and 29k armor. 554 Defense 3400 AP 174 hit 28 expertise. I havent had a single issue tanking anything to date.

So if they keep giving you grief on it tell them to check out some of my videos ill post when i get home tonight.

Btw -50% damage taken on a 1 mine cd another 40% less damage with dps increase on a 1 min CD + 2 trinks + AMS and AMZ. How can i not be viable?

But yeah thats my 2 cents on it, just tell them they need to start checking up on the classes bc as it stands DK is one of the strongest tanks out there after this patch.
    But if they are viable as of now why would blizzard change the cooldowns and up the armor ? i know to reduce CD usage.. But still if you specc frost and have like 3-4 tanker cooldowns ofcourse your gonna use them regularly ?
    And i´ve heard alot of people complaining that they arent really THAT viable.. And healers doesnt like to heal them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Visadin

link your armoury pls, want to see your spec and gear thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    But if they are viable as of now why would blizzard change the cooldowns and up the armor ? i know to reduce CD usage.. But still if you specc frost and have like 3-4 tanker cooldowns ofcourse your gonna use them regularly ?
    And i´ve heard alot of people complaining that they arent really THAT viable.. And healers doesnt like to heal them ?
    DKs, like many classes, still need work. A class can have issues but still be viable at a role.

Blizz is making these changes for many different reasons. First, they're nerfing IBF and Boneshield because of it's ownage in PvP. I don't like the idea of gimping classes in PvE based on PvP, but that's what Blizz does.

DKs are also cooldown based tanks... well, actually, the entire class is cooldown based. If a DK has enough cooldowns to pop, there mitigation is great. However, some occasions aren't very friendly to a DK if they're not constantly using their mitigation cooldowns... this, I think, is a bad idea. I personally don't like the practice of having to keep my cooldowns running for decent mitigation. These should be considered "Oh Shit" buttons, but as it stands, we often find ourselves having to use them regularly.

The changes will hopefully help this out a little... reducing DK potential mitigation in PvP, while buffing our standalone mitigation in PvE to compensate. Is it enough so that I don't have to constantly rotate cooldowns? I don't know, but I hope so.

That said, the current situation isn't all that bad. If you have a competent group, constantly rotating your cooldowns isn't always necessary. Especially in 10-man naxx... I offtank that in tank gear but spec'd blood DPS.

Deleted

They sound like a hell of a good start to me, i dunno about anyone else but i cant wait to try a blood tanking build.

ive done a bit of tanking in 10man naxx already and it went ok actually no huge issues, and havnt really heard any major "you take too much damage" complaints from our healers either in naxx or any heroics.

need to wait till they hit live before i can say for sure, but it deffinatly sounds like a good start.

I don't think the blood changes will bear any fruit towards making it as good as unholy or frost for tanking but the new frost presence coupled with the changes to bone shield and IBF do very little to effect the current tanking for DKs.

It makes us less spiky, which makes me happy. And those of us who stick with the Unholy boat will have 20% less spell damage inc

Which to me sounds absolutely amazing.