Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What can resilience do about this?

I (rogue) do 2s with a priest and we faced a demo lock and unholy dk the other day. I could not kill the lock in demon form before my priest died. All those pets were ridiculous. Demon form lasts for so long you can't really kill them. They're susceptible to cc's but if I blind either one to try to save my priest, they'll trinket it easily. The lock didn't get in range for psychic scream and so I'm stuck sitting on him during his demon form to prevent fears while the dk beats the crap out of my priest. I try to disarm the dk here and there but it's still a tough ass fight.

In world pvp, demon form might not be hot as you'll be taken down before you pop it but in arenas, it's really good. I can't kill you in any timely fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by proga
    Problem is that while we try to kill pet we get feared/hexed/cycloned (ok we have freedom against root) with VERY massive damage coming from dots + Haunt.
    You don't get any dmg while cyclowned -.
    As a warrior just use berserk rage if you get a fear on you, and you should make quick switches, pummel the haunts (or intercept them if you are at the pet).
    If you and the pally don't kill the pet in ~2 globals switch back to the lock -. And use your holy pallies hammer / repetance / ret's hammer / intim shout for cc too .
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Im gonna just say shut up...
    Stop QQing.
    We are less THAN 2 WEEKS INTO THE SEASON.
    Farm your resil gear and just wait for 3.0.8 til your OP again like you were since vanilla.
    User has been permanently banned for trolling due to this post:

"Thanks for explaining to all of MMO champion's forums that you dont know how to p.
    Buy corpse dust, instant win because DKs are ezmode."

Problem is that while we try to kill pet we get feared/hexed/cycloned (ok we have freedom against root) with VERY massive damage coming from dots + Haunt.
    uhhh it doesn't take very long to kill the pet. it shouldn't anyway i mean it has 0 resil and low hp. Ive seen my vw die in 2-3 gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobimus
    I (rogue) do 2s with a priest and we faced a demo lock and unholy dk the other day. I could not kill the lock in demon form before my priest died. All those pets were ridiculous. Demon form lasts for so long you can't really kill them. They're susceptible to cc's but if I blind either one to try to save my priest, they'll trinket it easily. The lock didn't get in range for psychic scream and so I'm stuck sitting on him during his demon form to prevent fears while the dk beats the crap out of my priest. I try to disarm the dk here and there but it's still a tough ass fight.

In world pvp, demon form might not be hot as you'll be taken down before you pop it but in arenas, it's really good. I can't kill you in any timely fashion.
    wow uhhh i don't know what to say here. in truth it isn't quite as good in arena as you think. rather its that you had a bad counter setup to their dk/lock setup that and you did something wrong. i never found it to hard to get killed by a rogue while im in meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Killtac2
    Stop QQing.
    Farm your resil gear and just wait for 3.0.8 til your OP again like you were since vanilla.
    why don't you shut up. in vanilla wow we were not op and in season 3 we started weakening and by end of season 4 we were struggling quite a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Killtac2
    Stop QQing.
    I'm gonna say stop trolling (as your sig says that you do that from time to time -:P)
    QQing makes some people feel better, just let them QQ in their threads if they want and don't read it -.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

First. Resilience has already been tested on the beta with capped resilience for several weeks

Second. This is the results i got:

Warrior full S4 gear: 734 Stamina Full Deadly gear: 1502 stamina
    Warlock full S4 gear: 747 Stamina Full Deadly gear: 1143 stamina
    S4 Difference in stamina: 13 stamina
    Deadly difference in stamina: 359 stamina
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    uhhh it doesn't take very long to kill the pet. it shouldn't anyway i mean it has 0 resil and low hp. Ive seen my vw die in 2-3 gcd.
    Well, I don't wanna say that that setup is imba and overpowered, I think we can kill them if we'll think more about tactic, we even did it one out of 5 matches. Just they are not so underpowered.

About pet - maybe he has 0 resilience but I bladestorm + recklessness on him (meaning all crits) with 600 dmg per whirl. While I do 3-3.5k on that warlock I dunno what they did with that debuff for AP when you hit felhunter (blablabla blood, icon like hemmorhage) but it is not shown now in debuffs, maybe it's added to felhunter as buff or smtnhg.

Don't act like Blizzard doesn't cater to the whiners. Look at rogues and hunters in BC.

Hunters: Bottom of the barrel since day 1 of arenas. Yet hunters did nothing about it since they're all content to just not be called a huntard.

Rogues: Were second only to warriors in season 1. They whined until they got a 20% buff to hemo, out of stealth shadowstep and now in wotlk all cooldowns vastly lowered, ezmodemantle, ezmodemutilate from in front etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebeaj
    First. Resilience has already been tested on the beta with capped resilience for several weeks

Second. This is the results i got:

Warrior full S4 gear: 734 Stamina Full Deadly gear: 1502 stamina
    Warlock full S4 gear: 747 Stamina Full Deadly gear: 1143 stamina
    S4 Difference in stamina: 13 stamina
    Deadly difference in stamina: 359 stamina
    Again, I'm not sure on 80 lvl difference between naked Warr and Warlock in Stamina, but as from me:
    Warrior have 31k HP in full gear, about 800 resi without resi gems. Warrior has 4% stamina from talents

And with info from you:
    Warlock will have like 28k HP, cause of 354 stamina = 3540 hp but 10% stamina buff from talents.

Well, I don't wanna say that that setup is imba and overpowered, I think we can kill them if we'll think more about tactic, we even did it one out of 5 matches. Just they are not so underpowered.

About pet - maybe he has 0 resilience but I bladestorm + recklessness on him (meaning all crits) with 600 dmg per whirl. While I do 3-3.5k on that warlock I dunno what they did with that debuff for AP when you hit felhunter (blablabla blood, icon like hemmorhage) but it is not shown now in debuffs, maybe it's added to felhunter as buff or smtnhg.
    Critting our pet for only 600? I don't care if you're talking about useless ass VW or felhunter, that's bull.

The stats i posted are purely from gear, and 6% doesnt make up for almost 360 stamina
    If in doubt afk out

The debuff for AP was removed from the felhunter. You shouldn't use bladestorm + reck on a pet in a 3v3 though -.

The 600 dmg on pet while loads higher on player is just bull, the AP thingy felhunters had before reduced total AP on the player so if you hit 1000 less because of it on the pet you should have done the same on the player
    If in doubt afk out

hmm, is it just pet's AOE avoidance and I'm just stupid? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Don't act like Blizzard doesn't cater to the whiners. Look at rogues and hunters in BC.

Hunters: Bottom of the barrel since day 1 of arenas. Yet hunters did nothing about it since they're all content to just not be called a huntard.

Rogues: Were second only to warriors in season 1. They whined until they got a 20% buff to hemo, out of stealth shadowstep and now in wotlk all cooldowns vastly lowered, ezmodemantle, ezmodemutilate from in front etc.
    Actually, rogues didn't spec shadowstep in season 1 and it was warriors/holy pally's that were dominating. Rogues were combat maces generally. They basically made shadowstep and hemo more attractive by buffing them and then nerfing AR/Prep. As for all cooldowns vastly lowered, they made vanish lower but increased cloak of shadows so you need to spec into it's cooldown reduction in order to get it back to 1 min. They also nerfed Cloak of Shadows as well.

Basically rogues were happy with AR/Prep and blizzard basically forced us to play deep sub. I don't know why you think we were whining.

The only pet that has got AOE avoidance is fel guards.

And HARP was just insane, talk about stunlocking coupled with burst
    If in doubt afk out

Quote Originally Posted by Cebeaj
    The only pet that has got AOE avoidance is fel guards.

And HARP was just insane, talk about stunlocking coupled with burst
    actually they gave all our pets aoe avoidance.
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobimus
    Actually, rogues didn't spec shadowstep in season 1 and it was warriors/holy pally's that were dominating. Rogues were combat maces generally. They basically made shadowstep and hemo more attractive by buffing them and then nerfing AR/Prep. As for all cooldowns vastly lowered, they made vanish lower but increased cloak of shadows so you need to spec into it's cooldown reduction in order to get it back to 1 min. They also nerfed Cloak of Shadows as well.

Basically rogues were happy with AR/Prep and blizzard basically forced us to play deep sub. I don't know why you think we were whining.
    I distinctly remember floods of rogues whining about warriors in season 1. Of course you don't whine about warriors now in retrospec, you got everything on your silver platter.

I didn't specify what rogues were spec'd in season 1, just that they were doing very well in arenas. The point is the changes to shadowstep and hemo dwarfed taking AR off prep anyway. The clos change is so moot, any pvp rogue is already 21 points into sub.

Quote Originally Posted by sayessa
    Yeah, Mages really should get one or more spells to get out of stuns...
    Uh Blink gets you out of stuns....
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    Uh Blink gets you out of stuns....
    uhhh i believe he was being sarcastic.