Thread: Onyxia Solo

Onyxia Solo

So, this is by far nothing new as there are numerous accounts of people doing this already but I wanted to put my name in the hat.
    I just finished solo'ing Onyxia.
    At the time of this post the armory has the gear (blues and greens) and talent build that I used
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lrogg&n=reddyn

Loot 177g
    Pally and Mage helm
    Eskhandar's Collar
    Six Demon Bag
    Heartseeker Crossbow
    Prayer of Fort II book
    18 slot bag
    couple boe greens

30 minutes to clear trash and down Onyxia, roughly my 5th attempt overall

Re: Onyxia Solo

why do you have death rune mastery for an unholy build? BS spam?

clicky for armory

yeh, sadly shes really easy :P

heres a challenge for u, go solo hakkar in ZG

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

Hakkar is insanely easy to solo as a DK, but twomanning him without one dying is impossible, same with hexxer, can't be twomanned nearly as easily as soloed

i know, ive soloed all of ZG, good fun

hardest boss was raptor

KONATA

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen
    Hakkar is insanely easy to solo as a DK, but twomanning him without one dying is impossible, same with hexxer, can't be twomanned nearly as easily as soloed
    ye Hakkar is impossible thats why i killed him with a priest/pally easily in 5min

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

I did it with a mage and a dk, not two classes that are fully able to heal, so sorry i forgot to put that in there

Onyxia is one of the easier raid bosses to solo, I do it on my resto shaman every reset for the gold and 18s bag for my bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamehenge
    why do you have death rune mastery for an unholy build? BS spam?
    Not BS spam, death strike spam

My general rotation was
    Icy Touch, Plague Strike, blood strike x2 death strike
    When runes refresh this allows for an addition x3 death strikes before diseases fell off
    Rinse and repeat

Also, death runes make it easier to get a death and decay day for whelps

Quote Originally Posted by insaneperson
    Not BS spam, death strike spam

My general rotation was
    Icy Touch, Plague Strike, blood strike x2 death strike
    When runes refresh this allows for an addition x3 death strikes before diseases fell off
    Rinse and repeat

Also, death runes make it easier to get a death and decay day for whelps
    death rune mastery turns frost/unholy runes into death runes. So if you're using those to death strike why do you need them to be death runes since you could still death strike if they were frost/unholy? You want to turn your blood runes into death runes to spam death strike since death strike doesn't use blood runes. There's no point in turning frost and unholy runes into death runes to use them for attacks that use frost and unholy runes.

clicky for armory

I did it as well on a holy pally a few days ago, and it's probably even easier than a DK... but long long... looooong fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahAlp-6mzG0

That's the last 6 minutes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamehenge
    death rune mastery turns frost/unholy runes into death runes. So if you're using those to death strike why do you need them to be death runes since you could still death strike if they were frost/unholy? You want to turn your blood runes into death runes to spam death strike since death strike doesn't use blood runes. There's no point in turning frost and unholy runes into death runes to use them for attacks that use frost and unholy runes.
    Yes thats true, but it still helps for death and decay, my current spec allows all 6 of my runes to be death runes allowing me to do whatever i want when they're up

you can do it with tanking talents or not. I recommend using tanking gear since onyxia is a boss and is technically a level 83 elite then. Killed her in 10-15 min using blood dps, frost dps, frost tank, unholy dps, unholy tank.

i soloed her today.. as sl/FG spec. my FG took 80% less dmg from her AOE attacks which is the majority of her dmg. Plus my health funnel heals him for about 1400/s. 2 seeds killed the whelps, just kept dots up on.. on.. on everytime.. and it was pretty ez.

Quote Originally Posted by beho
    I did it as well on a holy pally a few days ago, and it's probably even easier than a DK... but long long... looooong fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahAlp-6mzG0

That's the last 6 minutes of it.
    Wow how long did the total fight take? I'm ret and can do it in 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Fara
    Wow how long did the total fight take? I'm ret and can do it in 12.
    Took me about 30 minutes in holy spec. It's terribly boring but quite easy to do. I'm around 1930 spell power, and critting holy shocks for around 4-5k. I also take about 6g of item damage in the process.

After reading this thread i went and did it last night and got it on my 2nd try. My gear is a bit better than the OP's though (11/16 epics). I think i am going to try and start farming the AQ40 bosses next...
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    After reading this thread i went and did it last night and got it on my 2nd try. My gear is a bit better than the OP's though (11/16 epics). I think i am going to try and start farming the AQ40 bosses next...
    lol good luck, you will need it.