Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Fatherohealy

Re: And the third ranked player in the world is...

Blah blah the haters need to stop hating. If its so easy then you do it. Wheres your name on the top 100 list if its all so easy? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jashin
    is this what we call "skill" in today's culture?

I'm in no way demeaning his accomplishment, because it is an accomplishment.

but, since when was being a punching bag -something to be respected and looked highly upon in arena?

what are tanks?

Hm. His 5on5 Team is VERY odd. You can draw your own conclusions, but look at the stats:
    The Warlock has 23-1, that means with 22 +point matches he got an average of 18.5 pts per match. Now the Rest of the Team played a total of 45-3 games more - and got another 167 rating, which is about 4 pts per game....

Too bad his BM hunter partner is getting nerfed to the ground the coming patch. A little bit much I believe.

And yeah, Uck has always been god.

Sorry about the thread necromancy but it looks like hes back, has a Q n A on the Lock forums as well

Used to play with him back on Frostmourne when he played a Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Jashin
    maybe it's just the 5 years of military officer in me that does not equate strategy with skill but with execution.
    what is executed should be scrutinized by it's subjective level of difficulty.
    now, if standing around in one place is the execution and you pull it off flawlessly/effortlessly -it says nothing about the skill and everything about the strategy.
    you're right, I don't know what the plan was. given Warlocks' current state -I'd say it's pretty limited.
    this doesn't mean I'm impressed, it means I'm reserved and perturbed by those that are with such little to go on.
    Lets scrutinize this post.

What was the strategy? It would seem to be to demean the accomplishment of another while padding one's own credibility with supposed real life experience.

The execution? Allude to the theory that warlocks were not in a strong position with few options and infer that the warlock just stood there while also highly rated opposing teams continued to waste time trying to kill the big purple demon (ah it's big and scary, kill it!!!)

The conclusion? People who are impressed by this do not have enough to go on. Of course Jashin, with his 5 years in the military, known for brilliant execution(rolling thunder anyone?), is well with in bounds of reason to go the opposite way and assume this 3rd rated in the world warlock had no skill for the same reason. Granted he does state that he has reserved judgement, but I would argue that judgement has already been passed.

Skill level involved compared to subjective difficulty? Well, flaming posts are often carried out by retarded monkeys but he did use some large words. I will give Jashin an E for effort, and thank him for his service to his country.

Thank you Magick 

Since someone was nice enough to revive this thread, it's not that strange they were so high earlier.

Warlock was NEVER bad, skill combined them with gear made them good even back then.
    The reason people see warlocks as "good" now, is because now it's easier to get gear, thus more have gear.
    Back then, holy pala was the best healer. Bm hunter was the best ranged dps.

The combo they made it with at that time, was incredible strong.
    But yes, they still need skill in order to be at the top.

15+ Year Old Account

A friend of mine couldn't break 2000 rating on Vengeance. He and his team transferred to Reckoning and sat at 2300+ for two seasons.

Just sayin'. Grats to Uck.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Gz to him, but don't post someones name without asking him.
    He could get 100 "HELP ME" whispers now.

Is it Uck?
    He is insane, seriously i'm not suprised that he's still on the top.
    He was the only warlock on top 100 for a long time.

He has a thread on the official forums when you can ask him questions ^^.

Watched his movie the other day and it was pretty good. I don't have time to fanboy, but does he play often? Seeing as a lot of teams went up to his rating within the first weeks with the crappy system and stayed at 2800~ rating, just playing the necessary games for points etc. Climbing up to such ratings in todays state is impressive, it takes time.

From what I saw in the movie he played with a DK peeler though? Having a peeler as Destro is really good, a joint effort of skill.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

rating = skill

And do you know the highest rating in TBC at Sk- gaming was a hunter??
    one doesn't = all