Prot pallies - what's your dps record?

I'm a total fan of prot paladins, if I have to group with any other tank I already deem it a lesser one.

Anyway I have met a few good paladins that I group with often now and one of them is quite amazing, he had an average of 2.3k dps over an entire culling of stratholme heroic run. Which was more than all dps but me.

So how overpowered is your prot dps?

Re: Prot pallies - what's your dps record?

CoT has the most aoe packs of all dungeons in wotlk.. is it a surprise that prot pallys do awesome dps there?
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

Thats about what I average in CoT. Its easy with those 4-7 mob undead pulls.

I still find it quite amazing, even most dps classes don't get close to that number. And other tanks usually dream to get over 1.5k dps once, let alone over 2k.

I do know cos is a bit extreme though, undead and aoe packs are like pally heaven.

Wouldnt be able to tell ya my DPS. But I will tell you that im usually top DPS in most heroics.

Top while tanking: Thaddius @ 3780dps

Top while not tanking: Malygos while spark nuking: ~2.7k dps.

Rest of the time on anything not speshul: ~2.0-2.2k dps

Gotta love double ShotR!

2000 vs 10man patchwerk in blue/epic gear.

I'm not really sure what my DPS is but my threat is out of the roof. During the last Patchwerk, my threat was a solid 11-12k, spiking up to 14k. A feral druid told me he could out-threat me and even cheating with 2 hunters misdirecting, he could only top threat at 8k with misdirects. I tanked as a warrior last expansion and when I started tanking as a paladin I'll never go back.

Got a mod that tells me the average DPS I did on each pull.
    In nax everything is crazy. AoE packs I easily top 4k DPS :P (yes, Damage per second, not Threat per second... that's obviously WAY higher).

Anyway, on a single target non-UD fight like Maexna I tend to get around 1.7k or something. This ofc being raid buffed, but also getting stunned.

Normal 5 mans I tend to have a 2.2k average at the end of the run (a lot of this ofc is trash)

Patchwerk dps is 2.1k

Can we really count AoE packs? I feel like I'm cheating.

highest our protty has pulled was 3173 on patch

records with dual shield slam bug is not accurate really. i'd like to see numbers of those who only use rank 2

Sartherion, 25-man, tonight I hit 2.5k dps, no trash. Sadly, I was #2 on the meter; it was an easy run (no drakes up) to gear some alts and newbies. And why does it not count if you're going 96969 with two shield uses?
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    I'm a total fan of prot paladins, if I have to group with any other tank I already deem it a lesser one.

Anyway I have met a few good paladins that I group with often now and one of them is quite amazing, he had an average of 2.3k dps over an entire culling of stratholme heroic run. Which was more than all dps but me.

So how overpowered is your prot dps?
    I am not that well-geared yet, as such I average at around 2000-2100 DPS in Stratholme and 1800-2000 DPS anywhere else. Though the DPS isn't what matters the most, I just try to stay alive and keep everyone else alive aswell.

I only use rank 2 of SHOTR and I avg about 1660-1680 in UK. I am still trying to hit 1700 in there. Anyone else have numberss for UK? I am wondering what other paladins do in there.

I only use rank 2 SotR so for those wondering. Best I have done so far 3674 dps on Thaddius tanking. 2602 on Patch which is a fairly good benchmark since there is no movement or anything besides your own raid buffs.

im in half blues and only doing 10man naxx til i get geared more. but the only time i got a damage meter report (since i don't run them for myself) was after Gothik the Harvester fight. not as accurate as there are moment when you have to wait for the mobs to come to you but I had 1600dps and was 3rd in total damage done. (kinda made me wonder what kinda DPS we had in the raid, but granted my 6k avenger shield crits were 1 shotting the ghost spawns before they got to the group.)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jermone123
    I only use rank 2 of SHOTR and I avg about 1660-1680 in UK. I am still trying to hit 1700 in there. Anyone else have numberss for UK? I am wondering what other paladins do in there.
    Even in UK I average out at around 1800-1900. Hopefully I'll be able to go past 2000 when I get more gear