Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Tank/Healer Stats.

If you have around 1.1 k SP you should be able to heal any of them as a holy paladin. I did HLoken in my T6 right after dinging 80.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by maevtr
    your tank will need to have 540 defense rating min. and a good tank (not druid) will have anywhere from 22-25K health unbuffed.
    a tank looking to start heroics is not gonna have that much hp.

your tank will need to have 540 defense rating min. and a good tank (not druid) will have anywhere from 22-25K health unbuffed.
    Bullshit, I started heroics with 18k HP and about 20 def under 535. Still wearing my 70 gear I did fine. If you want to ease into heroics, get 535 def and 20k HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Bullshit, I started heroics with 18k HP and about 20 def under 535. Still wearing my 70 gear I did fine. If you want to ease into heroics, get 535 def and 20k HP.
    i said a GOOD tank, and where the hell did u get 535 defense from? did you pull that out of your ass? 535 might as well be 500, crittable is crittable.

i said a GOOD tank, and where the hell did u get 535 defense from? did you pull that out of your ass? 535 might as well be 500, crittable is crittable.
    You only need 535 for heroics, and 540 for raids.... Its only been posted a billion times since before wrath went live.
    Conall the Undying - 80 Protection Paladin (WoW Armory not working atm).

If you are skilled you can enter heroics as a tank way bellow def cap, though it will be harder and very, very scary.
    I started when I had like 18k and 490 def, I was of the philosophy that heroics where made to help you gear up so I just plunged right in the very first day I became level 80. My char is a DK.
    I won't lie and say it was easy, or that I didn't wipe once, I did of course, my advantage was that I ran with guild members that knew what to expect and helped me trough, and all the hard work and wipes paid of in the end.

So for a tank I'd say you could do it with 18-19k HP and about 490-500 def, but I don't recomend you do the very hard heroics first, start with something easy and with big chances for loot, like Violet Halls, Uthgrate Keep etc, and don't do it with PuGs if you can help it, stick to guild members, preferably with a good reliable healer friend.