Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    SPriest hit cap?

    Im wondering what hit cap for shadow priests is ;D

  2. #2

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    367 @ 80
    289 counting Misery
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

  3. #3

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    * www.shadowpriest.com *
    http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopi...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

    Spell Hit Caps:

    * 290 hit is the cap with 6 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 315 hit before you can go to 5 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 341 hit before you can go to 4 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 368 hit before you can go to 3 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 394 hit before you can go to 2 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 420 hit before you can go to 1 point between Shadow Focus and Misery
    * 446 hit before you can go to 0 points between Shadow Focus and Misery
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  4. #4

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    ty alot ;D ;D

  5. #5

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    From everything I've read/experience, SPriest hit is bugged to hell and back right now. I normally rock around with about 230 hit, and I can't tell you the last time I saw a miss/resist on anything except Mind Flay when raiding (including looking back over Recount). And Mind Flay is still having misses that are not recorded in the combat log for people OVER hit cap.

    Long story short: I don't see 290 as beneficial. Keep getting hit until you stop seeing misses/resists on anything but Mind Flay, and rock that.

  6. #6

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    From everything I've read/experience, SPriest hit is bugged to hell and back right now. I normally rock around with about 230 hit, and I can't tell you the last time I saw a miss/resist on anything except Mind Flay when raiding (including looking back over Recount). And Mind Flay is still having misses that are not recorded in the combat log for people OVER hit cap.

    Long story short: I don't see 290 as beneficial. Keep getting hit until you stop seeing misses/resists on anything but Mind Flay, and rock that.
    I thought this as well, then someone owned me by saying that the combat log and therefore recount doesn't record any resists any more and therefore of course you won't see resists in your recount logs. The only reason you notice mind flay resisting is its obvious because you just stand there and nothing happens.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

  7. #7
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    I thought this as well, then someone owned me by saying that the combat log and therefore recount doesn't record any resists any more and therefore of course you won't see resists in your recount logs. The only reason you notice mind flay resisting is its obvious because you just stand there and nothing happens.
    This is wrong.

    That only occoured with Recounts not updated after Patch 3.0

    Mine show misses just fine, they just occours very very very very very very very very rarely even while missing 100-150 hit.

    But I refuse to abuse the hit bug, such as other shadowpriests iknow do. So I'm at 296 hit rating right now

  8. #8

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    This is wrong.

    That only occoured with Recounts not updated after Patch 3.0

    Mine show misses just fine, they just occours very very very very very very very very rarely even while missing 100-150 hit.

    But I refuse to abuse the hit bug, such as other shadowpriests iknow do. So I'm at 296 hit rating right now
    When they don't tell us they're fixing the hit bug, and one day it's like "surprise cockbags! Bet you wish you had that hit rating now!", you shall stand tall and laugh. Personally, if some stuff would start dropping for me, I could get back up to hit cap.

  9. #9

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    When they don't tell us they're fixing the hit bug, and one day it's like "surprise cockbags! Bet you wish you had that hit rating now!", you shall stand tall and laugh. Personally, if some stuff would start dropping for me, I could get back up to hit cap.
    LOL! "cockbags"

  10. #10

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    When they don't tell us they're fixing the hit bug, and one day it's like "surprise cockbags! Bet you wish you had that hit rating now!", you shall stand tall and laugh. Personally, if some stuff would start dropping for me, I could get back up to hit cap.
    You can be sure that the HIT bug will get fixed LONG before the MF bug!

    I for one know that I turn my back to mobs while mind flaying all the time........<QUE SARCASM>
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

  11. #11

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prayerz
    You can be sure that the HIT bug will get fixed LONG before the MF bug!

    I for one know that I turn my back to mobs while mind flaying all the time........<QUE SARCASM>
    I am just now switching to shadow since a year and a half ago...what is the mind flay bug?

  12. #12

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    I am just now switching to shadow since a year and a half ago...what is the mind flay bug?
    Mindflay seems to not take Misery into consideration sometimes. They believe this is because of the debuff cap on bosses, which caused Misery to "fall off" the boss. They fixed the debuff cap (I believe) but mindflay will still miss even over cap and no one really knows why.

    That and the "ticks" of mindflay are bugged so that they are either spaced out or seem to come all at once. Another thing I've noticed with my priest is that if I cut off the channel early, the last tick seems to have a MUCH higher chance of critting, but that could just be RNG and my lack of paying attention.

  13. #13

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    The spell hit cap for a SP is still the 17%, same as at level 70. The only difference is of course the amount of hit rating needed to get to the cap.

    I do not know the numbers for that, I just follow the 17%

    Remember that you can get a free 6% hit from your talents and if you are lucky you will have a draenai for another 1%. So you would need 10% of hitrating then to get to the cap.

  14. #14

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by mennoknight
    Mindflay seems to not take Misery into consideration sometimes. They believe this is because of the debuff cap on bosses, which caused Misery to "fall off" the boss. They fixed the debuff cap (I believe) but mindflay will still miss even over cap and no one really knows why.

    That and the "ticks" of mindflay are bugged so that they are either spaced out or seem to come all at once. Another thing I've noticed with my priest is that if I cut off the channel early, the last tick seems to have a MUCH higher chance of critting, but that could just be RNG and my lack of paying attention.
    Bosses have a huge increase in the amount of debuffs they can have. If I am not mistaken blizzard had a blue post as well stating that even though the debuffs might not be on the boss they still are in effect, because showing all the debuffs on your screen would fill your screen too much :P

    Not sure how this affects the mind flay bug though.

  15. #15

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    I do not know the numbers for that, I just follow the 17%....

    if you are lucky you will have a draenai for another 1%...
    Really? If I'm lucky I'll have a draenai in my group? Damn I must be really unlucky cause I've never had one in my group.


  16. #16

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    Really? If I'm lucky I'll have a draenai in my group? Damn I must be really unlucky cause I've never had one in my group.
    Didn't Blizz make the heroic presence static hit buff a raid wide aura?

    I'm pretty sure if you have a Dreanei in the raid you automatically are getting the extra one hit regardless of group make up.

  17. #17
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Or it might be because we're playing Horde...

  18. #18

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    I was noting the specific mention of 'group' over 'raid' I got the funny haha comment that he never got the buff because he plays horde. [Sarcastic]Thanks though.[/Sarcastic]

  19. #19

    Re: SPriest hit cap?


    Note that i am not saying party or raid at all? Group does not mean your party automatically. It is just a matter of reading. But Nez seems the only smart one here He actually figured out what i meant, but I do admit I could have stated it more clearly.

  20. #20

    Re: SPriest hit cap?

    Quick question - if its 290 with the talent points what is it being a dreani too ? And yes prob a stupid question but I dont play a priest its for my husband's toon
    Pally- Dreamstate - Shu'Halo
    Shaman- Dreamkeeper - Shu'Halo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •