Frost, the pvp outcast...or not?

Basically I have been shunned by players for trying to pvp with a frost spec. Personally, I find it hard to believe people don't try it out themselves. What I'm wondering is am I the only person that thinks frost pvp is good? I mean I kill most blood and unholy Dk's but I'd like to know what your thoughts on the matter are.

Also, post some frost specs

Deleted

Re: Frost, the pvp outcast...or not?

I wonder what kind of unholy DK's are you fighting then... and anyways, when people talk about pvp they usually mean arenas. Frost just doesn't cut it there.

Frost needs a bit more consistent damage imo.

I can't say that I agree with you there. The howling blast just takes the cake with everything. Add the frost strike that crits (often enough) for 4k. On top of that, with frost you have not 1 but 3 anti-cc's. You basically never get feared (I'm not counting my will of the forsaken). I honestly think that frost with a bit of both unholy and blood is a fool proof spec.

Quote Originally Posted by wake-up
    I think frost has the potential to be better than arcane for arena, once Blizzard gets around to balancing a few things. Frost is more of a control/survivability spec. When PvP is all about burst, and Arcane has a near spammable instacast nuke, its hard to convince anyone to try a spec that takes some amount of skill. When Barrage + pom pyro + barrage no longer kills the target, frost will start looking a lot better. Deep Freeze is nasty, and frost has more control than ever. Of course, any mage spec is going to be bursty, so it isn't like frost is bad even now.
    Your in a DK channel my friend, but thanks for the input.

QFT btw

Quote Originally Posted by Antipallyx
    I can't say that I agree with you there. The howling blast just takes the cake with everything. Add the frost strike that crits (often enough) for 4k. On top of that, with frost you have not 1 but 3 anti-cc's. You basically never get feared (I'm not counting my will of the forsaken). I honestly think that frost with a bit of both unholy and blood is a fool proof spec.
    Completely Agree. Myself I have been using a 26/33/12 (Mark of Blood/Howling Blast/2nd tier unholy is hard to pass up). I think of myself as the anti-kiting mechanism, or become the CC to enable kiting. I have fun kiting around melee classess, unholy prescence plus oppenents slowed speed. run in for a quick sec to dot them up and then back out to max range and howling blast/death coil away. a very hard to kill DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrozt
    Completely Agree. Myself I have been using a 26/33/12 (Mark of Blood/Howling Blast/2nd tier unholy is hard to pass up). I think of myself as the anti-kiting mechanism, or become the CC to enable kiting. I have fun kiting around melee classess, unholy prescence plus oppenents slowed speed. run in for a quick sec to dot them up and then back out to max range and howling blast/death coil away. a very hard to kill DK.
    see its funny because go 18/51/0 +2 with a big gnarly two hander in frost presence and you become the anti melee class. even feral dr00ds and rogues become much more doable with how frost strike is magical damage and also undodgeable. that long lasting IBF dont hurt either. obliterate will crit EXTREMELY often, there isnt anywhere near the resilience in the game to take obliterate even down to normal levels when your rocking like 30% talented crit chance and enhanced damage. its a little light on self healing, which is where the 18 blood comes in, imp rune tap is direly important, you gotta get some survivability somewhere. i am REALLy looking forward to the new frost strike glyph cutting down on RP and the runestrike glyph not adding it anymore. there are going to be some melee instagins that will have the forums HOWLING....and i cant wait
    all hail king frost strike

Anyone who says Frost is bad in PvP is bad.