4% more Dodge on PTR

Feral Druids. I have 4% more Dodge on the PTR than on Live. I saw in another thread somebody who had exactly 4% more aswell. My gear is exactly the same. I have exactly the same amount of Agility. I gain 10% Dodge from talents on both Live and PTR. The diminishing returns numbers are the same on Live and PTR.

So what is those 4% about? Anyone knows?

Maybe Feral Swiftness is bugged and counts twice? Since the extra 4% Dodge appear in Cat and Dire Bear forms only.

//Zarchoof

Re: 4% more Dodge on PTR

Natural reaction ( Talent ) is no longer affecting how many party members are near you.. now u get full effect regardless party members..
    there goes ur 4%

Quote Originally Posted by Kasuya
    Natural reaction ( Talent ) is no longer affecting how many party members are near you.. now u get full effect regardless party members..
    there goes ur 4%
    You on crack?

Natural reaction ( Talent ) has never been dependant on how many party members are near me. I assume you mixed it up with Protector of the Pack ( Talent ). Furthermore, as I said, I get 10% from talents. Natural reaction (6%) + Feral Swiftness (4%) = 10%. So I counted those already.

The 4% extra Dodge mystery lives on.

//Zarchoof

10g says Druid's just got buffed.

Wait a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Comprise
    10g says Druid's just got buffed.

Wait a minute...
    I take that 10G and raise you 4580G. Something else is gonna get nerfed. They won't flat out buff druids after months of claiming we are OP tanks.....

15+ Year Old Account

We discussed it again and again. Gear, situations, scaling.
    Stop dropping bombs about how we'll suck or we'll rock now guys, it's beginning to be pissing.

Ontopic: I noticed these changes too, but no patch note reflects that. The question remains now, we'd apprecuate if anyone has an answer. They could have adjusted the DR curve, or it may be a bug, or anything else. We just don't know yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    We discussed it again and again. Gear, situations, scaling.
    Stop dropping bombs about how we'll suck or we'll rock now guys, it's beginning to be pissing.

Ontopic: I noticed these changes too, but no patch note reflects that. The question remains now, we'd apprecuate if anyone has an answer. They could have adjusted the DR curve, or it may be a bug, or anything else. We just don't know yet.
    They have not adjusted the DR curve. This is easy to test, I removed my neck which grants me 51 agility on both the PTR and my Live realm. I lost 0.78% Dodge on both. Besides, since everybody I have heard of (now its one more counting you) has gained exactly 4% more Dodge, it would be an extremely unlikely coincidence if it was the DR numbers that had been adjusted.

So the mystery remains. Is there anyone out there with some solid information about this issue?

My guess is still that Feral Swiftness is bugged.

//Zarchoof

Well actually I think I know what this may be about. A while back when a bliz post was addressing the nerf to remove non leather armor from feral armor boost, they worded it something like this:

"For those out there with all these specific items that made them awsome tanks, this will be a slight nerf, for everyone else, this will be a buff."

As soon as I read that I thought to myself 'well if that's true something went up, the armor % buff for bear form or something somewhere else'. I don't know for sure if this is a base 4% boost to dodge, some other mechanic (is the dodge there in every form?), an increase in how much one or two of the talents add to keep it feral, or part of other buffs people havn't noticed yet.

I wish I could find the blue post, I may look for it. Either way I think this is to compensate for the smash against our armor while wearing trinkets and rings with armor.

By the way, I havn't gotten into the ptr yet. What's the word on the feral staves with armor? Did the amount change to reflect no form bonus or does form bonus still apply to weapons?

My dodge on PTR is the same as on live realms... just checked.

As to what Dark_Juggernaut wrote. The 4% Dodge is not a compensation for the removal of bonus armor from the armor multipliers. Blizzard did indeed say something like:

"For those out there with all these specific items that made them awsome tanks, this will be a slight nerf, for everyone else, this will be a buff."

But what this means is that those who run around with the best epic tank staff with armor, the two best epic tank rings with armor, the best epic tank trinket with armor and the best blue tank trinket with armor and have 37k armor will see their armor go down. They will need no compensation, for they will still be great tanks. Right now, some argue, they are too good, some use the word "overpowered" even. However, this nerf will not be very big at all. With the same gear, I can imagine that they will lose like 2.5k armor. This isn't much.

For those who do not run around with these specific items, like me, this patch is a big buff. For me, who has no armor on neither my staff, my rings nor my trinkets the patch increases my armor by no less than 11.5k armor (From 20.8k armor to 32.3k).

So I have a hard time believing they would just add 4% Dodge from nowhere while in Dire Bear form.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthoniel
    My dodge on PTR is the same as on live realms... just checked.
    In Dire Bear form?

By the way, I would like to correct an earlier comment I made. I have not yet checked if I have 4% more Dodge in Cat form aswell. If not, I guess that means we can rule out a possible Feral Swiftness bug. Might try this later.

//Zarchoof

yes in dire bear form ... on live i have 38.70 and on ptr 38.70 ...

yes in dire bear form ... on live i have 38.70 and on ptr 38.70 ...
    Allright.

By the way, not sure what I was thinking before. It can't be a Feral Swiftness bug. It was never the case that I only have 4% more Dodge in Dire Bear Form. (Logged on to the PTR again to see if maybe I had the same, like you, now too. If so they would have corrected the error (if it is an error)). I have +4% Dodge period. Regardless of forms.

By the way, I tried removing all my gear on Live vs. PTR. Guess what? 4% more Dodge on PTR. So it seems as if they have increased base Dodge by 4% for some reason. :P I am a level 80 Tauren Druid. Bug or intended?

//Zarchoof

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc
    Allright.

By the way, not sure what I was thinking before. It can't be a Feral Swiftness bug. It was never the case that I only have 4% more Dodge in Dire Bear Form. (Logged on to the PTR again to see if maybe I had the same, like you, now too. If so they would have corrected the error (if it is an error)). I have +4% Dodge period. Regardless of forms.

By the way, I tried removing all my gear on Live vs. PTR. Guess what? 4% more Dodge on PTR. So it seems as if they have increased base Dodge by 4% for some reason. :P I am a level 80 Tauren Druid. Bug or intended?

//Zarchoof
    hmm well I will try to copy my char again and check this again... Id really love to have +4percent dodge

hmm well I will try to copy my char again and check this again... Id really love to have +4percent dodge

Wow, this is weird. :P

I logged again because I was so puzzled over this issue. Standing in Dalaran with 10.90% Dodge I was thinking: "Maybe I should unlearn all my talents to see if my Dodge decreases. By doing so, maybe I can trace the source of these 4% Dodge". I had not changed zone on the PTR with my character since I copied it. So I go to the portals and jump into the one leading to Thunder Bluff. I run out of the cave and mount. I ride over to the Druid tainer, and before I ask the Druid trainer to unlearn all my talents, I check my character sheet one last time. 6.90% Dodge, same as on Live..

Somehow, my character was bugged. But when I changed zone, the bug was resolved by itself. :S

I returned to Dalaran to see wether my 4% Dodge would return, they did not. My Dodge percentage is now identical on the PTR and my Live realm.

Very odd. :P

//Zarchoof

Some of these sort of bugs happen during transfer.. IE, paladins can have multiple auras on at once (remember a transfer some time ago with dual sanctity as a ret pally.. that was fun :P)

My guess is that it's something like.. you shift into cat/bear, get the 4% dodge, but that dodge buff is transferred as a flat effect rather than as being tied to your form. So then you get to PTR, maybe already unshifted?.. And shift into cat/bear, gain another 4% dodge. The mystery begins. Imagine it's something along these lines, though who knows how it's actually implemented.

Rather unfortunate in terms of trying to get an accurate testing experience, though.

Deleted

My dodge has stayed the same. However, because of the armor buff, i can put on some other rings and add 1,2% dodge from gear (aswell as getting 5k more armor on PTR)

Seems like it not 4% more :/

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    My guess is that it's something like.. you shift into cat/bear, get the 4% dodge, but that dodge buff is transferred as a flat effect rather than as being tied to your form. So then you get to PTR, maybe already unshifted?.. And shift into cat/bear, gain another 4% dodge. The mystery begins. Imagine it's something along these lines, though who knows how it's actually implemented.
    What you say seems probable. Guess it was something along those lines. :P