Arctic Fur and Endless Pockets

Does arctic fur actually have a higher drop rate on lvl 80 mobs vs lvl 70-75~ mobs?

I have seen no evidence to support it either way from reading around.

And what is the most effective way to make money out of skinning?

Re: Arctic Fur and Endless Pockets

Roaming Packs of Mammoth and Shoveltusk, round em up, and AOE them down.

Roaming Packs of Mammoth and Shoveltusk, round em up, and AOE them down.
    Any tips as a Mutilate rogue (very weak aoe).

Kill beasts...?

Skinning isn't a science...whatever beasts you kill fastest will net the most leather.

For horde players I've actually found killing the nerubian invaders directly around Warsong Hold works very well. Especially if you have an aoe class or can bring a friend that aoes. The spawn time is really fast, and they only have around 7-9k health (at max I think). Just bring lots of bag space. I farmed about 10 stacks of borean leather and 8 arctic furs in about an hour and a half the other day with just me (resto druid) and a death knight friend.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Kill beasts...?

Skinning isn't a science...whatever beasts you kill fastest will net the most leather.
    Not excatly true, you can kill all the lvl 71's and 72's you want in Borean Tundra/Howling Fjord, and you're still going to be getting Borean Leather Scraps alot more than Borean Leather its self.

If you can, do CoT Strat, VH, and DTK,(heroics of course) King Dread skins 12 borean leathers, VH and CoT have a minimum of 1 arctic fur, every time, (from my stance)
    As for soloing mobs, Sholazar Basin, Storm Peaks, Zul Drak, and Grizzly Hills are you best bet, to make even more money, go to the AH before you set out and see what meat is selling the most, kill those mobs and bam.

In addition to VH, I believe you can continuously wipe on boss fights (if you don't mind the repair bills) to keep skinning the trash, for heroic anyways. Not sure if there is a difference in drop rates between heroic and normal

Azjol Nerub had tonnes.. ran it on my level 71 hunter and got 3... gotta be fast on the despawning watchers.
    It's just a game.

Call it luck or something, but i did VH heroic today, and the resto shammy was a skinner. He looted 5 Arctic furs from only 1 run. And they are like 90-100g @ AH @ Spinebreaker Horde. GG.