Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What exactly will make blood a good tanking spec once the patch is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Malediction
    P.S. Blood will stack loads of health with the Vampiric Blood change, a last stand that can last 50% (glyphed) of a fight and increases healing received by 50% is amazing. Plus blood should put points into rune tap/improved rune tap to give a 30 second cd, 22% heal (glyhped). I think they will be viable MTs if changes go through.
    Blood will probably not stack very much more stam than any other spec. Health is good, but avoidance is also equally important. Just because you can VB through half the fight doesn't mean you can live through the other half. Blood tanks are **probably** going to have many of the same gear constraints as any other tank. Stamina might be somewhat more valuable given VB, but you're still going to need to stack in dodge and parry to make tanking viable. I would rather have 26k unbuffed HP and 40% base avoidance than 32k unbuffed hp and 20% base avoid, no matter what spec.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

wait, isn't the 20% health recovered from vamperic blood supposed to be permanant? [unlike last stand]

thats what I remember reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

speaking about avoidance and cooldowns. dont u guys think its time to stop counting on oshit buttons and start thinking about permanent stuff?

iam on vacation right now and not able to play, so i saw a dream (yes i did) about my future blood tank spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=091120040105

everything looks reasonable in this spec, but some talents are still can be discussed
    1 - no sudden doom? omg wtf a free deathcoil?
    i still think imp rune tap, even not glyphed is better.
    2 - hysteria? arent tanks supposed to take less damage?
    the effect is not instant, can be used for initial threat and even if u healer is afk u can rune tap.
    3 - no DRW? u just talked about threat dude?
    i expect very little incoming RP, compared to frost and unholy alents so all RP will be spent on RS
    4 - no bloodworms?
    yes. simply no bloodworms. call it insectophobia or w/e. i dont like them and see no space in that build.

once again - u still got toughness and anticipation maxed, u got all permanent +str and stam buffs. u got 11 expertise instead of 5. and if u want to rotate ur cooldowns - its simple. Last stand (30 secs) IBF - (12 sec). there is a 18 sec break (u can use AMS on a magic oriented boss), when u seem defenceless: u got run tap, any tanking trinket with use effect. healthpotion, warlock healthstone.

we always look for something new, after playing around with frost and permanently tanking as unholy ill definately try this spec.