Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    From Disc to Holy

    Ok so my Guild for some reason, just dont understand Disc spec healers. Most of our healers are Druid or Shm.

    Other priest is going holy once lvl 80

    So this is the spec i was thinking


    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=010614020600

    This is my armory

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Sargmastif


    I was told NOT TO use Flash heal so much but to use GH so stupid

  2. #2
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    No Healing Focus, Missing 1 point in Meditation, no Inner Focus.

    Fix this, these are vital talents you cannot raid without.

  3. #3

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Hi,

    I just registered an account on mmo-champion to tell you that you should /gquit. If your guild finished all the BC content before WotLK or before 3.0.2, than you should not leave otherwise check some guild forums :P. What you say is stupid!
    I say that because i managed to solo heal and dispell Heigan the Unclean (10 man) from 68% to 0%... as SHADOW.

  4. #4

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    No Healing Focus, Missing 1 point in Meditation, no Inner Focus.

    Fix this, these are vital talents you cannot raid without.
    healing focus is a vital talent?
    lolz :

    to OP ur spec looks nice except that point in meditation
    id also drop healing prayers and get surge light which procs on pretty much every coh cast
    and yea.. get inner focus
    thats a must

  5. #5

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtrans
    Hi,

    I just registered an account on mmo-champion to tell you that you should /gquit. If your guild finished all the BC content before WotLK or before 3.0.2, than you should not leave otherwise check some guild forums :P. What you say is stupid!
    I say that because i managed to solo heal and dispell Heigan the Unclean (10 man) from 68% to 0%... as SHADOW.
    That's not bad, but Heigan really doesn't do much damage at all and doesn't require a lot of healing, especially if you have Abolish Disease. As long as you're doing the dance properly, then it's really not a hard fight at all. The first time through, we ended up 5-manning him, because the PuGs we had all died in the Eruptions.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    healing focus is a vital talent?
    lolz :
    So you never passed the Karazhan / Gruul stage of TBC I guess? :-)

  7. #7

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So you never passed the Karazhan / Gruul stage of TBC I guess? :-)
    ha ha...
    ur so funny

    they changed the pushback of spells on dmg
    healing focus really isnt worth 2 points now
    i cleared all content so far and never have been an issue

    typical reply
    typical answer..
    ..armory me

  8. #8

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    That's not bad, but Heigan really doesn't do much damage at all and doesn't require a lot of healing, especially if you have Abolish Disease. As long as you're doing the dance properly, then it's really not a hard fight at all. The first time through, we ended up 5-manning him, because the PuGs we had all died in the Eruptions.
    Yeah but still beeing told that you must spec Holy and not Disc is total bullshit :| check my guild... almost all the healer priests are Disc. And with the new CoH nerf disc will be better for healing since you get some +haste (casting faster prayers) and Shammys will take the AoE healing spots.

  9. #9
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    ha ha...
    ur so funny

    they changed the pushback of spells on dmg
    healing focus really isnt worth 2 points now
    i cleared all content so far and never have been an issue
    Even it got changed (which I were aware of), I still think it's very much worth two points.

    And there were priests not taking it at level 70 either, anyone can clear content if they get carried by their guild.

    And Ok, so I armoury you, find that you haven't done Sartharion with Company, nor have you done Sunwell Plateau (Can't see if you done some of them), where the two most pushback important fights in the game were (M'uru and Kil'jaeden).

    Sartharion & Co. is also heavy aoe from time to time, including adds who might bash on you, which could cause additional annoyance.

  10. #10

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Thanks everyone for the help so this spec

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=010614020600

    i belive this is what i should be

  11. #11

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Even it got changed (which I were aware of), I still think it's very much worth two points.

    And there were priests not taking it at level 70 either, anyone can clear content if they get carried by their guild.

    And Ok, so I armoury you, find that you haven't done Sartharion with Company, nor have you done Sunwell Plateau (Can't see if you done some of them), where the two most pushback important fights in the game were (M'uru and Kil'jaeden).

    Sartharion & Co. is also heavy aoe from time to time, including adds who might bash on you, which could cause additional annoyance.
    u saying im being carried? haha

    i havent completed sunwell, neither have i killed sarth+3, so?

    i simply dont think its worth the 2 points for 1 fight.
    id chose lightwell over it anytime

    i never said it wasnt useful, i just said it wasnt worth the 2 points

    but its def NOT a vital raiding talent

  12. #12

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenerien
    Thanks everyone for the help so this spec

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=010614020600

    i belive this is what i should be
    looking better

    id have 1 more comment on it:
    take the 2 points from holy reach and throw em into 3/3 renew
    def worth it with the glyph

  13. #13
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    My recomendation for a holy build:

    - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZfxxccMqihVIot

    Change Serendipity with Test of Faith once you got the nessary mana regen for it.

    And my recomendation for a Disc/Holy build (Divine Spirit is nice for 5 and 10man)

    - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVsbzhxzZfxx0f0qihVhox

    i havent completed sunwell, neither have i killed sarth+3, so?

    i simply dont think its worth the 2 points for 1 fight.
    So you know nothing of pushback fights with the exception of Sapphiron. Great, how about you shut up then.

    but its def NOT a vital raiding talent
    No, it's not a vital raiding talent for newbie raiding in entry instances, but one might as well learn how to spec when the real instances (Ulduar) comes around.

    And then you avoid having to respec for the only current hard fight in the game. Showing up for tripple-drake progress without 2/2 Healing Focus would just be fail, on a high level.

  14. #14

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Imho, u should get other glyphs:P Flash Heal and PW:S are some good ones

  15. #15

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    The latest holy spec you posted is fine, definitely swap out holy reach for imp renew.

    Before any of that I would say don't spec holy, if most of your healers are shaman and druids (read: not paladins) you need a good tank spammer or two.

    Adding more AoE healing to an AoE-heavy setup seems silly. If your GL or CL can't see this then they are short-sighted to say the least. If they press the issue then I would just leave.

    Disc healers are useful in the proper setup and you seem to have it. The people telling you to change are idiots, end of story.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    All type of healers, except full PvP spec is very viable in raids. But you should discuss with the other healers in your guild what spec and role to play in the normal raids you do.

    All specs can easily handle 5 man groups, while 10man preferable require atleast 1 AoE healer (CoH spec in priest case).

    If you mostly do shall groups, Divine Spirit can also be good, but it doesn't stack with warlocks using Felhound, and the Improved DS don't stack with shaman's Flametongue Totem.

  17. #17

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    I've been Disc since Wrath released and I have no issues healing Naxx. I'm guessing your raid leader is unaware of how much damage prevention and mitigation is happening with Discipline healing. Between Power Word: Shield, Divine Aegis (absorbs 30% damage of the critical heal), and Inspiration (increases armor up to 25% on critical) you are preventing tons of damage on your healing target. You will never show up at the top of the meters with discipline because all of the mitigation and prevention of damage is not taken into account. You can point your guild members to http://discpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4 for more information. I've ran with a tank friend from 1-80 and he always comments on how we seem to survive better when I'm discipline specced vs. holy specced.

  18. #18

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    Pushback was meaningless in SWP because all you'd cast is CoH.

    It's was needed in most cases before that. These days...personal preference. I keep it because it is slightly handy outside of raids and dungeons.


  19. #19

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    i DONT want to respec the issuse is they dont understand Disc healing. I was Holy pre Wrath. no issuse.

    Leveled up Disc was easy and healed as disc instances. So i did alot of reading about Disc with specing and gearing.

    There biggest complaint is i used Flashed Heal 40% of the time along with Penance but Greater Heal wasnt used enough.

    I was asked at the end of the raid how offen i was OOM. Only came to 50% on first pull for i wasnt ready for how hard they hit and was first time in there.

    After that 75% mana every time if that low. I also was told that the other healer had to heal tanks cause i wasnt keeping up with it enough and they almost went OOM

    When i said did you check to see who was healing You (Other healer Druid) they didnt say anything. But you need to learn how to manage your mana cause with we start hitting other Raids that are way harder you will be OOM all the time.

    i was assigned to heal both Tanks. I did that and healed raid as well when other healer was lacking.

    Guess this is just a "QQ" but i did want some info on Holy spec cause maybe ill go that way with Duel spec then i can heal either way depending on what is needed

  20. #20

    Re: From Disc to Holy

    I'd seriously tell them how to read recount/WWS and to learn how the hell a disc priest works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •