Thread: balance/resto?

balance/resto?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=040619070501

I was thinking about a second spec for when dual spec comes out, this is my go at it, with this you could be glyphed HT or single target balance dps. any toughts suggestions?

would this be a viable spec to dps/heal in heroics? 10 mans? 25 mans?(all with the right gear offcourse)

Re: balance/resto?

This kind of spec will be pretty bad at dps and healing.

Without Wrath of Cenarius your Wrath/Starfire will be weak, and you don't have enough points to pick up any of the utility that Moonkin bring to raids.

Your Healing Touch will be strong, but without Empowerred Rejuv your hots will be weak. Even Dreamstate won't be able to make up for the mana loss of Tree Form, even if Lunar Guidance may cover the spell power loss. Wild Growth is also an extremely powerful tool you'll be missing.

All that said with above average gear you should be okay for heroics both DPS and healing, but unless it's Vault raiding is not advisable. With dual spec it makes even more sense everyone to be running a more pure purpose spec.

well yes my aim is here not to come as just balance dps for instance, but ( I have a feral main sec based on tank/dps and missing all ,ost of the pvp talents so I can get most dps/tanking talents) this way I could feral dps when dps was needed, tank when tanking is needed. heal when healing is needed, and balance dps if mellee dps is at a serious disadvantage that it would bring my dps down to much, take for instance the heigan dance even with this spec I'd be able to more dps then a cat wich had to move all the time with high probabilety of dieing.

I changed it a bit to take emp rej into acount

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=040619070501
    I removed imp regrowth since my main healing spell would be HT and regrowth was only for the HoT edit: also changed moonkin to tree of life form, since the main reason fot this spec is healing and bboomkin only contributation to dps is 5% crit aura wich will be better from other balance druids anyways.

Your five points in healing touch are an instant waste.

Druids are hots not palainds - we dont get mana back on crits

and if your speced celestial focus to improve haste, and to have your hots made longer with the other talent, then why oh why are you only casting one hot and spamming healing touch?

Sorry mate but this spec has made no sense healing. Most druids cant dps and heal - its either one or the other in PVE..

PvP is a different story.

sorry morgan but I find your reply a bit short sighted, first of all why would I only want to cast one hot? I can easely keep up rejunv and regrowth, probably even lifebloom if it's needed and fill gaps with glyphed HT. besides the 5 points would else be wasted on natural shapeshifter(I'm not expecting much shifting at all) subtlety(never see a healer with threat problems) or furor(why take a feral talent?)

and as for not getting mana back on crits, who cares? with this spec I'm getting enough mana from dreamstate, with ToL form for the mana reduction I don't think I'll be in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordreas
    I removed imp regrowth since my main healing spell would be HT and regrowth was only for the HoT edit: also changed moonkin to tree of life form, since the main reason fot this spec is healing and bboomkin only contributation to dps is 5% crit aura wich will be better from other balance druids anyways.
    You said this.

And dream state is fine, I am saying that healing touch will waste your mana; even with its glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by bballjg7
    Actually, I'm not sure that spec can be any good in raids since it shouldn't deal a lot of DPS and probably not really efficient on heals. I think though Restokin can be viable at PvP:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?druid=00000000000000000000000000000230033312031500501350000005032203120331030210000000000 &glyph=071520080503

My Restokin spec looks like that. It's really good at PvP when well played but in heroics/raids, nah, it sucks :P
    A bit off topic, but I've found that restokin was no longer viable in PvP after LK. Can you elaborate on your team composition and rating? Like many others, I've taken advantage of a more bursty build (58 balanced) for PvP and my 2v2 rating has gone up 200 points than where we were before.

On topic, I'll have to agree that you should really stick to either balanced or resto for raids. You might be able to get away with heroics, but not beyond. If you roll a restokin, then you should only expect to fill the role of 50% off heal / off dps... if such role even exists for PvE.

Personally I think there's very little need in PvE for hybrid specs atm, and there should be absolutely no need whatsoever once dual spec comes out. There should be plenty of other hybrid classes out there who can switch between full tanking, DPSing or healing specs per raid / boss, so there's no excuse for using half assed hybrid specs when you can have people using a proper spec for the actual role required.

Ie, nobody will want you doing crappy balance DPS or having relatively crappy heals using this hybrid spec. Pick one and stick to it. Better still, use two feral specs - one for DPS and one for tanking, let the caster hybrids (such as the other balance druids, elemental shammies or shadow priests in your raids) have healing as their second spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

hmmm well I've been thinking about it and indeed balance as extra would be a bit overdone, the moments it would actually be usable are nihil and the amount of damage doable less then cat in what kind of situation whatsoever therefor I'm just gonna go resto as second spec so I switched a few things around, I still like the idea of balance talents that give mana regen and sp so I came up with

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=200614070501

just for healing purposes and removing the HT glyph

Going for dreamstate as resto is really not worth it anymore these days

Quote Originally Posted by Mordreas
    hmmm well I've been thinking about it and indeed balance as extra would be a bit overdone, the moments it would actually be usable are nihil and the amount of damage doable less then cat in what kind of situation whatsoever therefor I'm just gonna go resto as second spec so I switched a few things around, I still like the idea of balance talents that give mana regen and sp so I came up with

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=200614070501

just for healing purposes and removing the HT glyph
    It's looking better, however Wild Growth (even post 3.0.8 nerf) is just too good to sacrifice for a Resto druid build. I rarely spam mine (so I don't think I'll be affected much by 3.0.8) but I still get ~30% of my healing from WG.

The 18/0/53 spec is pretty much the standard resto healing spec that is very popular because it works well: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=200614070508

Seeing as this is an off-spec and dual spec won't be out for a while I think it's pretty safe to assume you won't have 4 piece T7 for it, so your main healing rotation with this would be to keep HoTs on the tank(s) and use Regrowth for spike dmg / spot heals or Wild Growth for AoE healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!