Thread: DW Weapon speed

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DW Weapon speed

Ello .

I've searched a bit, but couldn't find an answer. I've recently respecced to try out a DW build (0/32/39) which I must say I love! But I can't find out the best weapon speed for my 1h's. Currenty using 2x The Key (2.60 speed) but I'm sure that isn't normal. What's the optimal speed?

btw, I have Armageddon and Jawbone for 2h but even then 2 blue 1h's outdps those 2h's. Gotta love it .

Kind regards,

LV

Re: DW Weapon speed

Well i go Slow/Fast, but im 3/35/33, so a good portion of my dps is fishing for Killing Machine procs and using Howling Blast. Currently im using the slow onehander from ebon blade rep and Grasscutter
    Rocket Sauce.

Deleted

fast/fast to maximise Km procs
    you can buy 2 1.5 speed weapons at wyrmrest honored, or you can go hero oculus and be lucky at first boss and buy with 50 emblem of heroism off hand swodr(grasscutter) those are pre naxx weapons

Meh fast/fast isn't that needed for 0/32/39, slow/fast will do aswell. Fast/fast will really rock in 3.0.8 since HB will be off cd which means you can spend all your Km procs on HB

Deleted

@OP Fast/Fast, and for runes use Razorice on MH and Fallen Crusader on OH.

@Trolgar: Why would you use slow MH? Only attack in 0/32/39 rotation that gets any real profit from slow MH would be Blood Strike, which is VERY minor part of the damage. Icy Touches and Howling Blasts dont care about the weapon damage, thus fast one for more KM proccs is best.

@Shaelin: Neither is enchanting your gear needed, but a lot of people want to min max. You can already use all the KM proccs with Icy Touches, it's not like they are bad either.

Cheers for the fast response. I feel kinda lame though, using 2 blue 1h's while having 2 of the best 2h's ingame atm. But DW seems so much better then 2h..

Ah well, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaelin
    Meh fast/fast isn't that needed for 0/32/39, slow/fast will do aswell. Fast/fast will really rock in 3.0.8 since HB will be off cd which means you can spend all your Km procs on HB
    Fast/Fast is needed unless you want lower dps.
    It's based around KM procs faster weapons generate more KM procs,thus improving your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    @OP Fast/Fast, and for runes use Razorice on MH and Fallen Crusader on OH.

@Trolgar: Why would you use slow MH? Only attack in 0/32/39 rotation that gets any real profit from slow MH would be Blood Strike, which is VERY minor part of the damage. Icy Touches and Howling Blasts dont care about the weapon damage, thus fast one for more KM proccs is best.

@Shaelin: Neither is enchanting your gear needed, but a lot of people want to min max. You can already use all the KM proccs with Icy Touches, it's not like they are bad either.

eh i still get KM to proc nearly every time i use HB. if i get a good fast MH ill do that, but the big blood strikes are still pretty good.
    Rocket Sauce.

Fast/Fast, KM.

Don't get Annihilation.

/thread.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Trolgar

eh i still get KM to proc nearly every time i use HB. if i get a good fast MH ill do that, but the big blood strikes are still pretty good.
    You do know that Icy Touches also benefit from KM, right? And they make up 30000x bigger part of our damage than blood strikes. Had 84% crit rate on HB and 83% on Icy Touch on our last Patchwerk, hooway the KM!

Sole reason for Blood Strikes is to just get Death Runes, it's just silly as hell to gear up for them in any way. I'd rather use a 1 sec GCD spell that hits for 50 to get those runes instead of Blood Strikes if I could. The damage of them is just... well... bleh.

Personally I'd rather go with a blue heroic 1h with 1.5 speed over some slow naxx10 weapon. But by all means, do what you like.

15+ Year Old Account

if you are frost/unholy then I would DW and keep your weapons close to the 2.0 sec range where your not slow but not too fast either and can manage good dps and procs.

what I found in outland when I had the thrallmar 1.5 axes is that my ghoul and I did equal white dmg at first and it allowed for constant dmg on the targets. It also allowed me to crit more and was very effective in power leveling.

Right now I am leveling my alt in northrend and miss DW but at 73 ill do it again with his blacksmithing of some weapons . Sure the 2H crits are nice but that is all it has....and no white dmg at all, just attack spams and if they dodge/miss/parry/blocked Im screwed.

KM performs well enough with a decent crit rating, raid buffs and some haste. The difference between slow/fast and fast/fast is minimal. Slow/fast is also the optimal setup for increasing BCB damage, in addition to the benefit to blood strikes and plague strikes. Yes, IT and HB are the top nukes but slow/fast vs fast/fast has a minor effect on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz

Personally I'd rather go with a blue heroic 1h with 1.5 speed over some slow naxx10 weapon. But by all means, do what you like.
    Thanks for making me feel like an ass for spending all my titansteel on the Bonecrusher. :<

But i tottaly agree, although ive heard something about not having two weapons with the same speed, as you can overlap your KM's, could very well be a load of bullcrap but could anyone verify this?

Recoil - 80 Blood elf Death knight
    Draxxar - 80 Gnome Mage
    Recoil - 80 Orc Hunter
    Lasersill - 80 Troll rogue
    Seisha - 75 Blood elf Paladin
    Lasertorsk - 70 Tauren Druid
    Durug - 70 Orc Warrior
    Tisseflekk - 63 Orc rogue

Most people leave out the point that Offhand brought up about Slow/fast boosting BCB dmg.

BCB deals dmg based on your main hand...even when it procs with your offhand. With a fast offhand it will proc often and end up being signifcantly more dmg. The bloodstrike and plaguestrike dmg is just gravy on top of this. the flipside is you lose dmg from some KB proc potential.

Anyone have any empirical data weighing which one is more beneficial. Also...anyone have empirical data showing that Razorice + fallen crusader is better then fallen crusader x2. In decent gear 30% of my strength is a shit load...

I'm not looking for any replies like "U R a noob, i r right" nor am i looking for replies like "well i'm doing fast/fast and i do l33t dmg"

I'm looking for something like i target dummied for 10 mins with slow/fast and got this dps and this crit rate with it and hb and this much dmg from bcb, bloodstrike, and plaguestrike. Then i target dummied for 10 mins with fast/fast and got this dps with this crit rate with IT and HB and this much dmg from bcb, bloodstrike, and plaguestrike.

In the end, i'm a tank at heart so would probably never use dw spec, but i like to try to gain a better understanding of my class. (however, i'm often too lazy / lack the resources to do it myself)

Last raid i did useing slow/fast i was at HB 94% IT 76% and swing for procs was at 38%crit 25 man raid buffed on Gluth and full raid was 73% on HB 70% on IT and 36% on swing http://wowwebstats.com/6rxrdapfrttga...e&s=1637-43126toons name is Mamoulian so i think a fast/slow combo is not a bad way to go.
    Maybe fast/fast will be a little higher but i would guess you would lose more from lower dam on MH as white dam is still 30% of my Damage on most fights.
    Here's my Armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...za&n=Mamoulian
    I hope this helps

when searching for stupidity look at the local political party

Depends upon what your doing really.

If your using a lot of abilities that depend upon your weapon damage % (Obliterate, Frost Strike, Plague Strike, Death Strike), then you want to go Slow/Fast. If not, then Fast/Fast for more Killing Machine procs.

This is very similar to the way that Rogues used to run for Slow/Fast, to proc with their off hand while Sinister Strike would be doing as much damage as possible since slower weapons have higher end base damage.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

is daggers any good? or must be swords?

As told before, BCB procs take the statistics of the main hand, wheter it procs off of your MH or OH. This would mean that slow/fast would be a bit better for BCB procs. It really depends on how much you rely on your BCB procs for dps. I went for slow/fast and i like the dps i`m doing. Cant wait for the next patch so i can go all out on HB.

so daggers is nice for OH ? its fast? prob dmg not that great instead of sword? right?

You'll find a lot of answers and probably more questions in the EJ DW thread: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t37337-dual_wield_builds/

The short of it is though that BCB damage is pretty close when using S/F or F/F. Currently F/F is considered optimal using 32/39 (no annihilation) and using a macro that will cancel Freezing Fog before IT and HB since we currently have no good way of using the free runes and a free HB gives less RP.
    I recently switched from F/S with Annihilation to F/F w/out Ann. and using the macro'd spells (plus a couple heroic upgrades) and saw very nice gains in already strong dps for my gear. I'm excited about the HB change coming, but I fear the nerf stick along with it.

@warbeast- We can't use daggers