Sartharion, Twilight Assist: which drake up?

okay me and my guild had cleared sartharion a few times on normal. (we are a little guild of 21 members and 14-15 80) and we are thinking of doing the Twilight assist.

but which drake is best to engage?

Vesperon
    Shadron
    Tenebron

we are running with a drood tank and warrior tank.

only serious answers plzz (know my bad spelling)

Re: Sartharion, Twilight Assist: which drake up?

i think the one without the eggs...forgot name

(know my bad spelling)

The easiest way to do it is with Tenebron and Vesperon up.
    Shadron gives 100% more fire damage taken debuff and is by far the deadliest since you have: the meteors on fire damage, the breath on fire damage, the adds doing fire damage and of course the tsunami.
    Tenebron will land 10-15 seconds after you engage Sartharion, you can nuke him down fairly easy, he will spawn drake adds of course but normaly he shouldn't get the chance to do it more then once, have 3 tanks, 1 MT, 1 OT, 1 Adds.
    After Tenebron lands Shadron after like 40 seconds, but since Shadron is already dead you have lots of time to finish Tenebron and his adds.
    40 seconds after Shadron lands, Vesperon should land, he shouldn't be a problem either.

After both are dead killing Sartharion is a piece of cake.

ehmm Twilight Assist is only 1 drake up(:

Deleted

Part of the point of the achievement really is to figure this stuff out.

You've done the fight a number of times now, so you know what abilities each of the drakes have. Take a think about that and what effect each of those abilities will have whilst you're fighting against Sartharian.

One thing to note, to succeed in the achievement, you need for the other drake to still be alive when Sartharian is PULLED. As soon as the drake adds to the fight, it's generally regarded as best practice to kill the drake and then work on Sartharian. If you kill the drake and then wipe, the drake will be "resurrected" when you wipe, so that you can try again.

I would leave Tenebron up and tank him where those whelps spawns and when you leave 2 drakes up, kill shadron

If you're doing it with one add up, Tenebron is by far the easiest. His aura only affects breaths on the add tank and void zones (which you won't be taking, of course ) Have your Druid MT Sartharion and the Warrior OT Vesperon and all the adds. Once Vesperon is down it's just a normal fight but Sarth melees a little bit harder (25%).

Deleted

How do people handle the whelps then, aoe them asap or tank until Tenebron is dead and then take the whelps?

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    How do people handle the whelps then, aoe them asap or tank until Tenebron is dead and then take the whelps?
    We drag them over to Tenebron and have a couple of AoE classes (mage, boomkin, dk) AoE them on top of Tenebron while melee keeps hitting the drake.

Deleted

Okies, what would you say is the best way to do the draggin then, have a third tank or use MD's and stuff on the drake tank?

Is a DPS DK in Frost Pres enough to OT the adds if the third tank is a good idea?

Leaving just one add up it isn't needed to bring 3rd tank but ofc you can bring, it wont destroy anything but makes controlling little bit easier.

There is good guide movie from Fusion guild which I highly recommend it's guide to kill sartharion with 3 drakes in 25man version but since fight is same in 10man you get good tips from it

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=96831

Hi all,

We are going to try Sarth 1 Drake tonight.

We are intending to leave Vesperon up as we want to just Nuke Sarth, with 1 tank taking both dragons.

Any idea if this is possible? Do we have to kill Vesperon first and and if not, what sort of dps do u think we would need with 1 tank, 2 healers and 8 dps!

Quote Originally Posted by Elodan
    Hi all,

We are going to try Sarth 1 Drake tonight.

We are intending to leave Vesperon up as we want to just Nuke Sarth, with 1 tank taking both dragons.

Any idea if this is possible? Do we have to kill Vesperon first and and if not, what sort of dps do u think we would need with 1 tank, 2 healers and 8 dps!
    Year old thread...and if you're zerging the boss then it really doesnt matter if you have 1 or 3 drakes up. and raidcomp goes 1 tank 1 healer 8 dps

Thx,

My guild only puts out about 4k dps on average so it will be intersting to see if we can zerg. Thx for clearing that up.

Zerg mode 3D Sarth. 1 tank, 1 healer, 8 badass dps. my guild does it weekly, we having a waiting list for the black drake Xp.

I am confused as to why these threads get made..

The time it takes to write a thread here....is the same amount of time you can type that info into google/wowwiki/bosskillers and find out everything you need to no....easier to hardest...

you can effectively zerg 25man too with the right dps... pug group hordeside on my server done it yesterday in 1min 32s and aman'thul horde is by no means known for its pugs...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there