Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Affliction, Affliction, Affliction

Quote Originally Posted by bored059
    how was your dot uptime? perhaps the only reason why you saw an increase was because you had a simpler rotation to maintain with the (leave and forget) coe over coa. Also, of all dots to clip, CoA is the one that hurts the most.
    What i thought could be the reason was the uptime, installed wws now so im gonna go at it again to more accurately see the uptime. Ill be back with report

Keep in mind that test dummy numbers are only comparable vs other test dummies. Keep yourself out of a group and on a test dummy nobody else is using or the numbers get borked.

In a raid a boomkin or DK will have their buff on target so you would have no reason to use CoE. Thus its good practice to use CoA on a test dummy. You will get a feel for builds and how they scale test dummy to raid encounter.

For addons I've tried dot timer, msbt, necrosis, and forte warlock. So far I like forte warlock the best. Since that is a more personal than emprical choice I'd advocate trying them all out for at least 10 mins each on test dummies and see which is more your flavor.

Starting rotation is SB, Haunt, UA, Immo, Corr, CoA, SL....after that it gets to be simple priority. Once you pass 25% for sure drop immo (some say 35% but either way) and start using DS as your filler instead of shadowbolt. You need to keep haunting and keeping your other dots up and only DS in the gaps.

Losing 2x stack of SE is huge. I tested 1 stack of SE and a full row of dots and a 2 stack of SE w' a full row of dots on test dummies. The 2 stack (even after subtracting the 4K sb hit) was 48K dmg, the 1 stack was about 32K dmg.

That would be why it isn't prudent to take 2 afflocks's....have one respec meta/ruin if you have no ele shammy or have him spec 0/33/38 (well geared) or 0/41/30 (less/avg geared).
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

- What's a good amount of haste i should aim towards
    - Gear that would be recommended to improve afflictions benefits alot more
    - Any brief knowledge on how affliction preforms on certain fights, E.g alot of Moving around fights like Thaddius or Simple fights like Patchwerk.
    - Any recorded fights (WWS) or recount screens that show affliction at its best - Just by curiosity ^.^
    - Macros that can help with Timing, Dots, Cast sequence that time dots perfect and sustain cutting dots.
    - Glyphs
    - How Affliction preforms against high DPS geared classes like, Fury Warriors, Druids, Death knights, and all those hybrids classes doing insane DPS in blues -_-

When I was testing affliction I had about 570 + Stone unbuffed but it might have been too much.
    Before switching to back to Destruction I was trying to aim for 20% crit without losing much of the haste I had built at that point.

Not really much to pick up at the moment. You'll want 2 set bonus. 4 Set bonus good but does not the change the way you deal with life tap. Ideally you still want to do it when moving/downtime.

On Patchwerk I got to between 5.2k - 5.4k (as max DPS reached in all the attempts I tried it) in an average 3 minute kill. Fights where you don't move at all or fights where you have to move CONSTANTLY (say, Heigan p2), obviously benefit you. Fights were you move moderately at a constant pace are usually a bit more annoying.

I might be able to get you a WWS of a good Patchwerk attempt. Drop me a pm here if you're interested.

Did not use any macro. Rotation was simple: Haunt - SB (to build up stacks) - Corruption/UA - CoA - SL - Immolation (left it for last to try to benefit from possibly having Molten Core up at that point). You obviously spend every other second out of the rotation bolting. The more you play it the better you'll learn to include extra SBs and a better Drain Soul phase.

Glyph: Nightfall/SL/Immolate.

I havent' been able to beat the Rogues (while HaT is still abusable) and the Mages in my guild (rogues on god knows how much DPS, mages on 5.5-6.0, me with 5.0-5.2). Usually standing right after them with DK/DPS Warrior. THESE NUMBERS ARE ONLY for Patchwerk. On non DPS checks I'm usually lower than them.

I'm not affliction anymore. Been playing deep destro (I know, not ideal) to try and optimize in case the Conflag/CB buffs make it a lot better. Hope this helped.

Your gearing/itemization for affliction is simple...get to 11% or 14% hit depending on if you have a reliable shadowpriest/boomkin and stack dmg from there. Haste is a bit better than crit (mostly for the itemization per point of item budget) but don't aim for any specific figures. Just get the best gear you can (leulier is your friend). Always use a spellstone.

FYI spirit itemizes about the same as crit per point so pick upgrades accordingly.

Since there is no rotation (meaning set order) there is only priority macros do not work....at least they don't help dps any. Only thing you could macro if you were lazy is UA/Immo but since you split those up under 25% HP its not really worth it. The only spell you want to clip is haunt. Otherwise its better to let something drop for a fraction of a second than clip it early. The beauty and curse of affliction is there is always more you could be casting/doing.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...san&n=Angantyr

I'm hitting 2.1k DPS on the test dummies, everybody is saying I can do more and I'm assuming its something to do with the way I've specced.

I know I'm over hit, just trying to replace my trinket.

Should I be using Spell or Firestone?
    Is ISB worth it or better off taking Molten Core?
    Eradication worth the full 3 points? I've heard debates stating any more than 1 point is a waste of time while others have said to wait till your hit capped.
    Imp DS worth it? I'm not getting much problems with threat but last night I was pulling off the tank on KT even after using Soulshatter (bad luck maybe)
    Demonic power worth it? Not sure whether to get it or Malediction.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...san&n=Angantyr

I'm hitting 2.1k DPS on the test dummies, everybody is saying I can do more and I'm assuming its something to do with the way I've specced.

I know I'm over hit, just trying to replace my trinket.

Should I be using Spell or Firestone?
    Is ISB worth it or better off taking Molten Core?
    Eradication worth the full 3 points? I've heard debates stating any more than 1 point is a waste of time while others have said to wait till your hit capped.
    Imp DS worth it? I'm not getting much problems with threat but last night I was pulling off the tank on KT even after using Soulshatter (bad luck maybe)
    Demonic power worth it? Not sure whether to get it or Malediction.
    Holy fuck dood You dont need all that hit when in a raid.
    Use spellstone, if you read the tooltip you will know why.
    Your spec is fubared too. To do:
    -3 Cataclysm
    -2 Destructive Reach
    +2 Death's Embrace
    +3 Malediction (you wont use it but enjoy its passive +3% spelldamage)
    -1 Dark Pact (useless untill remade)
    +1 Eradication
    -2 Grim Reach

Too tired, to count what you got now, but xtra points should be spent in Molten Core in the destrotree to boost your immolation. Other choises is to max Eradication or Drain Soul for some less threat.

Glyphs after 3.0.8 should always be siphon life, immolation and CoA.
    If u can ditch some hit items for some with more crit haste. You need 14% by your gear and talents. The missing 3% you will get from the raid if its composed decently.

Cheers

Edit:
    Your socketing is fubared as well, Red=sd, Yellow(in your case)=haste/sd, Blue=sd/spirit and for the love of god, get the craftable gloves or the hands in Nexus, you just cant run around with t6 gloves :P
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Yeah I got those pants the other night, they were bad for me now but still a major upgrade from my blue crit pants. I wanna replace that trinket but don't have enough badges yet.

Hows this for a build:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVA0IstZEz0V

I didn't see the passive spell buff to malediction otherwise I would have taken it.

Also Amplify Curse or Imp Drain soul?

15+ Year Old Account

Amp curse or DS doesnt rally matter, both wont do much.
    Once you get more haste you will move 1p from Eradication into Molten Core.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xxiled

Pets - Trash i have Imp, and for bosses i have felguard out, i dunno why don't ask
    just something i prefer, seems felguard has a lot more survivability, always re-summoning Imp
    I also use an imp for trash, as it makes life easier for everyone, but on a boss there is always a warrior who will use commanding shout - there for owning the bloodpact!!

Since I dont spec 3/3 bloodpact I also use my Fel hunter all boss. (Im affliction so I dont have fel guard)

Thanks for the help, got sustained 2300 .. still think I could do a bit better but at least its an improvement.

I use my Imp all the time, the only exception is when I'm doing a 5 man without Priest/Mage to help out the healers but I keep him on passive except on boss fights.

15+ Year Old Account

yea u should do a bit better but remember that the core of us afflictionlocks damage is made when the target is sub 25% and most important, since targetdummies got 1 life you never do double dmage with your corruption or unstable. those 2 reasons is alot of dps

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    yea u should do a bit better but remember that the core of us afflictionlocks damage is made when the target is sub 25% and most important, since targetdummies got 1 life you never do double dmage with your corruption or unstable. those 2 reasons is alot of dps
    or you could, you know, use the Boss Training Dummy that has 10 million HP.

just a thought