Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Affli 53/3/15 Question

Hi,
    I browsed some Warlock forums in the past few days in order to find a new spec. I was 0/41/30 FG Inci spam before and was doing pretty good dps but I heard of locks doing 5-6k with 53/3/15 on Patchwork.
    Now my equip isn't very good, full blue (mostly instance quest rewards) and some items from heroics, 2 PvP Epics, craftet gloves and Heroic Badge offhand. Didn't get any epics in raids because of my uber /random results (normally in the lower 1-20s...).

Stats in short summary with Felarmor up + Spellstone: ( http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...khand&n=Skruff )

+1752 Spellpower
    +325 Hit
    +10,72 % Crit
    102 Haste

Is it normal to do 2,2-2,3k dps with this equip? Or do I just suck?^^ (yes I know, first answer will be "u suck", thx for this funny answer a******)

Also got a WWS report on boss test dummie, which is like Patchwork without the Buffs from other classes: http://wowwebstats.com/oosprxgvit24w?a=x19357af

My Rotation is: Shadowbolt > Haunt > Unstable Affliction > Immolate > CoA > Corruption > Siphon Life, then SB as filler reapplying dots.

If you find mistakes tell me, but pls only constructive suggestions, or is it just my equip?

Thx for all the replies in advance!

Re: Affli 53/3/15 Question

Quote Originally Posted by dome
    Hi,
    I browsed some Warlock forums in the past few days in order to find a new spec. I was 0/41/30 FG Inci spam before and was doing pretty good dps but I heard of locks doing 5-6k with 53/3/15 on Patchwork.
    Now my equip isn't very good, full blue (mostly instance quest rewards) and some items from heroics, 2 PvP Epics, craftet gloves and Heroic Badge offhand. Didn't get any epics in raids because of my uber /random results (normally in the lower 1-20s...).

Stats in short summary with Felarmor up + Spellstone: ( http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...khand&n=Skruff )

+1752 Spellpower
    +325 Hit
    +10,72 % Crit
    102 Haste

Is it normal to do 2,2-2,3k dps with this equip? Or do I just suck?^^ (yes I know, first answer will be "u suck", thx for this funny answer a******)

Also got a WWS report on boss test dummie, which is like Patchwork without the Buffs from other classes: http://wowwebstats.com/oosprxgvit24w?a=x19357af

My Rotation is: Shadowbolt > Haunt > Unstable Affliction > Immolate > CoA > Corruption > Siphon Life, then SB as filler reapplying dots.

If you find mistakes tell me, but pls only constructive suggestions, or is it just my equip?

Thx for all the replies in advance!
    I'd say that you have nothing to be worried of, didn't understand a shit of youw WWS though, since I'm not dutch. But the number seemed to be fine. You have a crappy gear though, and thats the reason for your low dps. Did you have a Shaman in your group?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalreth
    I'd say that you have nothing to be worried of, didn't understand a shit of youw WWS though, since I'm not dutch. But the number seemed to be fine. You have a crappy gear though, and thats the reason for your low dps. Did you have a Shaman in your group?

No it was only me and my imp, fought against test dummie.

I thought of this, too, but I chose Molten Core instead of Demonic Power because it improves Immo-dmg by 10%, and I also have Immolate Glyph. I'll calculate both variations, but I think there is no great dmg change.

I thought of this, too, but I chose Molten Core instead of Demonic Power because it improves Immo-dmg by 10%, and I also have Immolate Glyph. I'll calculate both variations, but I think there is no great dmg change.
    Well, not sure what MC has an absolute upgrade dps wise, but I see my imp doing at least 100 dps more than my felhunter with this spec, so unless MC will give you 100 dps extra it doesn't seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalreth
    didn't understand a shit of youw WWS though, since I'm not dutch.
    German^^

Schattenblitz = Shadowbolt
    Verderbnis = Corruption
    Instabiles Gebrechen = Unstable Affliction
    Feuerbrand = Immolate
    Fluch der Pein = Curse of Agony
    Lebensentzug = Siphon Life
    Heimsuchung = Haunt
    Lichtgewirkter Blitz = Lightweave Bolt (Cloakenchant Procc)

Well dont forget about drain soul you cant rly test that dps on a dummy since its only good when the target is lower than 25% but ya for affliction be sure all your dots are up and drain after 25% and it is by far your strongest spell at that point (ive had 8k-10k drain soul ticks)

K, do you think this specc scales better then 0/41/30 with buffs in raids, especially with ele shammie/moonkin?

German^^
    I knew it was german, i have no idea why i typed dutch. Its the lack of sleep, i guess

you have a lack in your rotation and to make it easyer to spam it should be:
    Shadowbolt > Haunt > Unstable Affliction > Corruption > CoA > Immolate > Siphon Life
    i never speced like this but as a affliction in BC, I know you MUST cast UA > Corruption > etc
    becose UA as the same duration as Corruption so it make it easyer to refrech and corruption deal more damage then CoA so you cast it before.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug'thol&n=Axio
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug'thol&n=Axioqt

2 options....line up UA/Immo and SL/CoA (w' glyph) thus clipping SL slightly or UA/Immo and willy nilly the rest of the sequence and try to stay ahead of the whack a mole dot timers.

Starting should always be SB, Haunt, UA, Immo, Corr, SL, CoA. From there you have just enough time to get another SB off before rehaunting. From there its just priority casting, avoiding clipping, and never stopping midcast.

Once you hit 25% drop immolate from the rotation and use drain soul for filler. Keep affliction effects and dots stacked and DS in between. I find it helpful to use msbt or something to alert you to DS ticks so you know when to stop DS and refresh.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Protokol
    becose UA as the same duration as Corruption so it make it easyer to refrech and corruption deal more damage then CoA so you cast it before.
    Just so you know you no longer need to re-apply Corruption as Haunt does that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Protokol
    you have a lack in your rotation
    Well since UA and Immo have the same duration, I think it's easier to cast them in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    Once you hit 25% drop immolate from the rotation
    Thanks for the tip!

I found my imp doing 100 dps over my felhunter and MC only does about 30 or so dps.

The corruption glyph is still far superior then the imp glyph. The chance for a 5k SB or a 8K crit instant SB greatly overshadows the small increase to imp damage.

The longer the fight the bigger the discrepancy becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    2 options....line up UA/Immo and SL/CoA (w' glyph) thus clipping SL slightly or UA/Immo and willy nilly the rest of the sequence and try to stay ahead of the whack a mole dot timers.

Starting should always be SB, Haunt, UA, Immo, Corr, SL, CoA. From there you have just enough time to get another SB off before rehaunting. From there its just priority casting, avoiding clipping, and never stopping midcast.

Once you hit 25% drop immolate from the rotation and use drain soul for filler. Keep affliction effects and dots stacked and DS in between. I find it helpful to use msbt or something to alert you to DS ticks so you know when to stop DS and refresh.
    You should stop at 35% when Death's Embrace kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by weezel

The corruption glyph is still far superior then the imp glyph. The chance for a 5k SB or a 8K crit instant SB greatly overshadows the small increase to imp damage.

The longer the fight the bigger the discrepancy becomes.
    According to EJ corr was quite dissatisfying.

Ok mate, just gona mention first, you got nothing to worrie about.

You did over 2k on tummy, which means You will make 4k on Patchwerk with
    raid buffs. Moonkin+Ele shaman+Shadowpriest etc. Bloodlust/BoK. Buffs in one
    word. By the way dont forget the 2 things we have. Aff makes a lot more
    shadow damage when boss is 35% or lower on hp pool and at 25% you can replace
    shadowbolt with drain soul - its 10k per tick, which is insane, I have even
    seen it at 15k per tick at bosses.

///edit: Also, time to make that Doomguard quest and use him at bosses. And dont
    forget infernal

I raid on a daily basis and have noticed that Death's Embrace doesn't really start working until about 20-25%. I know the talent says 30% but my DS ticks are only around 2k at that time. But when i get into 'exicute' range they dramatically jump from 2k->9-10k a tick. Is the talent bugged or what?