Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 4-piece set Bonus - Ret

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker
    Agility = More crit from Kings
    Crit rating = Not affected by Kings.
    Aren't many of the paladins abilities not affected by agi based crit. Agi only applies to melee damage if i'm not mistaken. How much damage do pallys actually put out with just melee damage?

Quote Originally Posted by monalin
    Aren't many of the paladins abilities not affected by agi based crit. Agi only applies to melee damage if i'm not mistaken. How much damage do pallys actually put out with just melee damage?
    White damage is our # damage output

Followed by Judgement

Followed by seal damage

Followed by either DS, or Righteous Vengance.

Paladins have, and assumingly always will rely on Melee Damage to take the top slot for their damage done. ( Normal circumstances.)

That being said Crit > Agi. Str > Ap.

Quote Originally Posted by Soad0488
    White damage is our # damage output

Followed by Judgement
    Followed by seal damage
    Followed by either DS, or Righteous Vengance.

That being said Crit > Agi. Str > Ap.
    My wws logs show differently :

#1 Judgement 25-26%
    #2 Melee 20-21%
    #3 Martyr seal 15-16%

% of total dmg

And that's how it is for several wws logs for boss fights atleast. Several boss fights coupled that is.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanfly
    My wws logs show differently :

#1 Judgement 25-26%
    #2 Melee 20-21%
    #3 Martyr seal 15-16%

% of total dmg

And that's how it is for several wws logs for boss fights atleast. Several boss fights coupled that is.
    Beat me to it, was gonna say the same, my JoB is my main source of damage (cept maybe on Loatheb cauz of the +50% crit buff).
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

White attacks, Crusader Strike, SoComm and SoB (and both judgments) counted for Melee hit/crit in 2.x, so even though they affected you by not being able to do it while silenced, you weren't gimped from lacking hit.

Other than the Judgment system, I still think Divine Storm goes off your melee hit chance, which also means it goes off your melee crit chance. Agi is still king.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    White attacks, Crusader Strike, SoComm and SoB (and both judgments) counted for Melee hit/crit in 2.x, so even though they affected you by not being able to do it while silenced, you weren't gimped from lacking hit.

Other than the Judgment system, I still think Divine Storm goes off your melee hit chance, which also means it goes off your melee crit chance. Agi is still king.
    So let me see if i understood you correctly. The only ability that isn't affected by Agi based crit are the judgements?

So let me see if i understood you correctly. The only ability that isn't affected by Agi based crit are the judgements?
    Even then I'm not sure, but I still think they're Agi. It's just I haven't been tooling around with the new Judgment system to figure it out.

Spell crit is not effected by Agility, but everthing else is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    Spell crit is not effected by Agility, but everthing else is.
    True, but which abilities of a Ret paladin uses spellcrit over meleecrit instead?

All abilities Except exorcism and holy wrath are melee(agi) based crit.

meaning melee, Judgement, CS and DS are melee(agi)

Conc can't crit.

Command and Blood are melee based crit(agi)

Excorcism and Holywrath are Spell absed crit(int)

All crit is effected by rating,  Int effects spell crit only and agi effects Melee and ranged only.

Of the Retribution palladin arsenal, only Those two abilities are concidered spells.
    Judgement is concidered a Ranged attack.
    CS, DS, and seal procs are melee.
    Exorcism and Holy Wrath are Spell.

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyspit
    Exactly how 'worth' it is it?

Last night the Naxx 10 helm dropped on a farm run, and I picked it up, giving me 4 pieces. I've had no luck with the Naxx 25 token, as only the DK/Rogue/Mage/Druid one wants to drop ( > ), but the Naxx 10 piece is a definate downgrade from the Titansteel Helm I was wearing.

The only difference now is my Haste rating hit 9%, which in my mind, doesn't justify dropping in Crit and AP. But that leaves the 4 piece set bonus. How much DPS is that 1 second reduction in my Judgement cooldown going to represent? Enough to justify dropping like 40 AP and 1.3% crit?

Like many have said, titansteel helm is getting a pretty big nerf with the next patch. around -20 str, and the agi -> crit change is overall a nerf, which the extra blue socket nowhere near makes up for (though i suppose it helps with the metasocket gem games). But even without that I'd take the T4 helm over titansteel helm for the set bonus.

It's definitely worth it. Not only does it allow you to judge more but it also sets your judgment cooldown to not collide as much with other abilities allowing for smoother rotations.