Page 1 of 2
LastLast

First day as holy

My first day as holy, had gathered decent gear by now... 1500 +SP and thought this aint all that bad. Then i get a /w with... "Wanna heal Nexus heroic?" - Sure why not, need the mace so here we go.

[01:09:57] [80:Priear]: Recount - DPS for Overall Data
    [01:09:57] [80:Priear]: 1. Rogue 1160.3 (27.3%)
    [01:09:57] [80:Priear]: 2. deathknight 1148.9 (27%)
    [01:09:57] [80:Priear]: 3. druid tank 1050.4 (24.7%)
    [01:09:57] [80:Priear]: 4. mage 871.7 (20.5%)
    [01:09:57] [80:Priear]: 5. healer (me) 10.7 (0.2%)

And then they bloody blame me for going oom after an hour on a boss (not true but you get the point).... What am i supposed to do... /godmode or something.
    Tank sleeps or something and dident hold agro so i pulls (changed phase, agro reset. Werent 100% ready for that), so i run past the tank to get it off me... He misspress and dont taunt. ( i keep running) and then i die, after scratching my head and not sure how to save this situation...

Rule nr. 1: Dont stand in the fire[/S]

New rule nr. 1. Dont run pugs.....
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Re: First day as holy

You know.. I'd left before getting saved with such a group

it takes skill for the dps to bad that bad, especially 3 of them.

that is sad.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

They were auto-atacing and mage was using wand all the time or what ? :S

Im A tank, and my 1st. rule is: If a dps cant do above 1300 in a heroic Im out of there faster than you can say, where did he go ?

In general im done with pugging heroics except for a single spot. Time and time again have I failed running VH HC due to low dps, hell I had mages., locks, hunters, DK's doing 1043 dps with me above them with 1200 :/.

I run with my wife as a healer so we can communicate about where I stand, if shes haveing problems, dps screwing up and takeing their own target etc, so our runs are normally perfect when we do it with atleast 2 guildies and maybe one pug dps, since our guildies all push 2k+ dps.

Funny actually, in wotlk Ive noticed how miserably a lot of the dps'ers are, and they are just as important as a good tank and healer, though a lot of them think that 1k dps is "fine" :

Heh, at least you weren't in my heroic AN group from last night. I only wish I screenshotted the dps data from the run. It went something like this with zero exaggeration:

Warrior tank : 1000 dps
    TG Warrior : 850
    DK dps: 750
    Mage : 700
    Me : who gives a crap.

I literally was astounded at how long I was able to heal for as a disc priest. I managed to last six minutes before a wipe while healing during Anub'Arak and we STILL didn't down him. During phase three the adds just kept piling up and the dps loved to stand on the ground spikes.

It was a beautiful performance by me, but good god the dps was so insanely sub-par. I probably gained a level or two last night in healing experience from how amazingly bad that group was.

I'm with you brother. I'm so tired of shitty dps. It's THE SINGLE easiest job in the game and people manage to muck it up somehow. A mage's Blizzard can tick for OVER 1k these days and yet SOMEHOW a mage during heroics can't manage to clear 1k dps. I'm definitely going to turn on my DoIknowYou addon again even though it's buggy as hell just so I can keep track of these clowns.

I hve noticed this as well. The groups posted above is definitely not exageration. I have been in several groups with dps doing about 600. Dunno why people play if they cant be bothered using some of their abilities...

Im dps btw

Well i dinged 80 saturday on that char (2. char) and went straight into naxx normal. With 100 +hit about 1500 +sp buffed that is. I still did 1800 dps... The day after i had been lucky with gear and could respec to a decent healer.... But how the F.... can ppl not pull ATLEAST 1k dps and with 3 braincells still alive 1500 dps.

Even when i tank on my DK i go with 1500 dps in an average heroic, it just blows my mind. And the worst thing is the rogue actualy thought he made insane dps, cause every1 else was trying to kill the boss with amp magic. If just ppl would admit in the beginning, im new to the class as lvl 80 so excuse me if im not doing standard dps. Had a tank that way yesterday, he said he wasent used to tanking so every1 pulled instant agro from him. But we backed down abit and let him get a rotation in. Admit you got a problem is the first step. :P
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

15+ Year Old Account

as a freshly dinged 80 Balance druid, i ran heroics with guildies so obviously my dps compared to them was /yawn but i built it up to around 1.7k in mostly blues and 2 emblem rewards.

i went resto for a guild heroic when we couldn't find a healer and i enjoyed it a lot more so i've stayed that way, and i'm in exactly the same boat here. the amount of PUGs i find with people in pretty much full naxx epics not breaking 1.5k is just ridiculous and still people manage to level to 80 WITHOUT reading any forums or sites to do with their character/spec: BM hunters not using Steady Shot, with Rhinos for pets, Aspect of the Viper on CONSTANTLY, Fury wars not using Bloodthirst, Mages with #1 damage as Fire Blast, Rets refusing to use Seal of Blood (this happens a lot), etc, and don't get me started on Deathknights.

also the amount of tanks that can't deal with aggro resets or similar is just silly. has tanking really been dumbed down that much?
    "ok, shoot boss [Skadi the Ruthless in UP] down" says the tank.
    *boss appears, a HoT ticks, i get aggro, boss crits me, dead*
    "WTF healer?"

just, no.

EDIT: i've only gone OOM in a boss fight once that i can remember when i foolishly tried to heal 3 melee dps through Poison Nova in Gundrak when they got hit multiple times. i don't bother anymore.

I've seen an 80 Mage do 500 dps. No exaggeration.

The thing is, if he literally just mashed buttons, he'd do more. But he would just stand there in between casts, not even wanding.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

I feel for all of you.
    Ran some heroics yesterday with a friend of mine as tank and me as dps.
    We picked up another friend as healer and just pugged 2 other people.

I know from TBC that I always was top DPS in all heroics and most raids I was in. I hoped it had gone from that and that everyone would be on the same level of DPS but nope, I couldnt be more wrong.

Damage done: me on 34%, another elemental shaman 24%, my friend (tank) 23% and a DK on 17% and the healer on 2% (yes, the healer was bored).

I couldnt belive my eyes, but we ran another heroic, I reseted the meter.
    After it the numbers were the same except that the other Shaman and my friend had changed place so my friend had done 24% damage.
    And even the DPS I was highest and my friend was second on both runs.

Still cant understand how people play when the tank goes above them.

15+ Year Old Account

I remember I was at my friend's home and I was getting prepaired to my first 80 raid while he still levelled his Priest, but then my Mac didn't want to work together with my voice chat, so I borrowed his PC, but he required in change to play my Mage too in the raid, and I was like, why not. I should never say yes! Another day I was at my other friend and he also wanted to play my Mage, but just in HC this time, but I shouldn't say yes to him either. Their DPS was very low and people complained alot, but good for me I play in another server now :-D

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Priear
    My first day as holy, had gathered decent gear by now... 1500 +SP and thought this aint all that bad. Then i get a /w with... "Wanna heal Nexus heroic?" - Sure why not, need the mace so here we go.

And then they bloody blame me for going oom after an hour on a boss (not true but you get the point).... What am i supposed to do... /godmode or something.
    Tank sleeps or something and dident hold agro so i pulls (changed phase, agro reset. Werent 100% ready for that), so i run past the tank to get it off me... He misspress and dont taunt. ( i keep running) and then i die, after scratching my head and not sure how to save this situation...

Rule nr. 1: Dont stand in the fire[/S]

New rule nr. 1. Dont run pugs.....
    add the tank and anyone who was blaming you to the "do not party list" which is almost synonymous with the ignore list for me.

So first, the days of rogues( in my wotlk experience) topping the dps charts is long gone in five mans. As for a DK only pulling 1100 dps thats just sick and wrong, because at 65 on my DK I pull 700 dps and I dont have any epic gear. A druid tank pulling 1k dps is ok, as they don't have much they can do for dps. The mage on bottom is wrong to. I tend to agree with the minimum dps rule for heroics, I refuse to heal if anyone in the group is pulling less then 1600 dps, exception maybe being a druid tank. But then again I usually only heal for the pally tanks, and the 1 warrior tank I know so, them hitting 1600 dps isnt hard.

I totally feel your pain on that. Seems like every other group 2 of the 3 dps are around 1k....

I have a lvl 80 Disc Priest, and ive been in grps with very low DPS was very tough we made it through 2 bosses in H-Nexus.

Then we gave up. As a disc priest i should never go OOM and every boss fight i came very close to OOM i used very trick i had and Pots to keep mana.

After we were done i checked my Recount and there DPS was lower than your grp infact as a healer i was at 200 DPS with jsut dots to help.

So i go on my 71 rogue and did and istance with grp and did just over 1k DPS. was well geared for lvl 70 rogue TBC but for wrath even though most of my gear is purple, greens now out stat me

In other words that grp SUCKED and no excuses. ON the wow forum last night a 900 SP 500/145 regen Priest complained they couldnt heal a heroic.

Why do people think cause you lvled to 80 you can jump right into a Heroic ?

its at the point agian where you have to ask and even armory player before they join your grp

As a rogue, I gotta say that 1100~ dps is totally balls. I'm sorry for ya' having to deal with subpar players. My gear isn't great and I'll pull 1600-1800 depending on buffs. But there are a couple things you should keep in mind:

1. PUG'ing is almost the only way to find new, good players. It's almost a right of passage. Sure, you'll find as many or more bad players as good ones, but when you find a good/great player in a pug that you can add to your friendlist and party with later.... It's freakin' sweet.

2. It's nice that WoW doesn't depend too heavily on good healers and tank to get the job done. It shows that they've balanced the game (pve anyways) so that everyone involved is "important" in getting through the tough encounters.

As an alt holy pally myself, I wish you (OP) the best of luck with healing. I hope it's as enjoyable for you as it is for me.

Filter your group. Require >1500 dps. It's not hard, and it's not being a jerk.

Blizzard is fucking stupid for removing requirements on heroic dungeons. I use to get idiots with 900 dps, and the group simply failed. You need to filter them out, or you will only be mad at them and they at you. I will not run with someone below 1500 dps anymore, because I like being able to kill the bosses.

Also, want to read some utter bullshit?

Me [Guild]: LF1M DPS H UP
    Warlock: I'll go
    *Invites guildie*
    ... 4 minutes later ...
    Me: Dude you're doing 527 dps. You aren't geared for this place. You should not have replied to me in guild chat. I'm going to replace you.
    Warlock: Man I'm trying to get gear... wtf?
    Me: Run regulars... you need to get better gear. Hell go get some quest blues... 527 dps is simply not acceptable here.
    Warlock: wtf guildies are supposed to help each other get gear.
    Me: Yeah... okay. Nothing personal, but fuck you.
    *Kicks warlock*

Some people are just garbage. Filter!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

You are one tough MF. but i can understand. if there not doing at lease 1100 DPS were FUBAR