Thread: Destro Q & A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Destro Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by nomekop251
    Lol please come on, destro aint dat hard to reaad up on m8, 1stly u dont use any shards in fights as shadowburn and soulfire are NEVER used by a gud raidin destro lock (Shadowburn is a waste of a talent pts and is for pvp) u will never ever need to drain soul unless again ur a bad lock and came to a raid unprepared. Dont dis a class cause u cant play it if ur affic den plz learn the simple destro rotation and yes u deserved to be laughed at in a raid for using DS and SF (if u fell behind an affic lock on trash can i be another person to laugh at u)

No offence but look at some of the destro rotation and if u see SF plz tell me so i can laugh at another fake destro lock...yes affic is better but destro is so close to its dps it hurts
    Sigh. I don't know how bad your gear is, but as soon as you reach a decent amount of haste Soulfire is a better option under Backdraft than Incin while under the effect of Bloodlust. Especially when you have a trinket (Embrace of the Spider) that procs haste as well. That takes your SF to around 1.5s cast and since it crits for around 13k, its a way better source of dps than Incin spam, since BD doesnt reduce GCD yet. You backdraft approximately once every 12-13s, meaning if timed you get to do it 3 times during the 40s of BL. Hence you burn 9 shards on SF in that case. I don't even specc shadowburn cause it is so horrible and since Bossfights are what matters ofc you need to get shards on trash. Which is prolly the only place where destro outscales Affliction though that is getting close as well with all the AoEing.

So take your trashtalking somewhere else wiseguy. And while you are at it, care to show me a log or two of a destro lock doing more than 5k dps? And even if you manage to dig that up, Aff is getting close to 6k by now, so still 1k (or 20% more) to go.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPie
    The other big lie is that you should use 3 incinerates after BD, because immolate wastes the backdraft charge due to GCD. While it _is_ true that immolate is a complete waste of a charge, no matter how much or how little haste you have, casting it immediately after conflag is also what is best for your dps. Getting immolate back up there and ticking is far more important than making sure that first BD charge goes to a spell that will actually benefit from it. You then follow that up with two incinerates, or a CB and an incinerate, if CB comes off of cooldown.
    This is a no-brainer imo, I've always been using immolate right after conflagrate. It's ticking there away even if I happened to die, and incinerate does more damage with immolate up, so..

-People stack crit like there's no tomorrow; Crit is great, crit is wonderful, it increases dps, by no means should you _avoid_ it. However, spellpower, hit and haste beat it hands down. The hit and spellpower should be a no-brainer for most, but it's the haste over crit that gets a lot of people. This is partially because people still think destro "needs" to crit to maintain optimum dps. This _was_ true back in the sbolt spam days, when you _needed_ a certain crit percentage to maintain the ISB debuff on the boss, but these days are gone. There's no reason whatsoever to stack crit, much less think that we "need" some random magic crit rating to dps properly. That said, don't take this the wrong way, if you have to choose between an upgrade that that has 14 haste rating vs. one that has 32 crit rating, you of course want the much higher crit-bearing one.
    I was just thinking today about this..I don't spec into Improved Shadow Bolt and as such I have no actual spell that requires crits. Crits are nice to see on the screen and yes, they hit hard, but I was wondering if something else would benefit me more. So, thanks for this information

Also, don't use the firestone. I know it makes no sense at first, but just use the spellstone. One percent more to your direct damage really isn't as much as it sounds, and almost 2 percent haste beats the only one percent crit given by the FS. Remember, 32 haste rating = 1 percent haste = 1 percent higher dps. Compare that to 45 crit rating = 1 percent crit. And yet crit rating and haste rating are "valued" the same by blizz in item budgeting.
    This is a new tip, didn't know that one. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidara
    Sigh. I don't know how bad your gear is, but as soon as you reach a decent amount of haste Soulfire is a better option under Backdraft than Incin while under the effect of Bloodlust. Especially when you have a trinket (Embrace of the Spider) that procs haste as well. That takes your SF to around 1.5s cast and since it crits for around 13k, its a way better source of dps than Incin spam, since BD doesnt reduce GCD yet. You backdraft approximately once every 12-13s, meaning if timed you get to do it 3 times during the 40s of BL. Hence you burn 9 shards on SF in that case. I don't even specc shadowburn cause it is so horrible and since Bossfights are what matters ofc you need to get shards on trash. Which is prolly the only place where destro outscales Affliction though that is getting close as well with all the AoEing.

So take your trashtalking somewhere else wiseguy. And while you are at it, care to show me a log or two of a destro lock doing more than 5k dps? And even if you manage to dig that up, Aff is getting close to 6k by now, so still 1k (or 20% more) to go.
    Look i trash talk cause ur whole statement was stupid but here if u think SF is gud to use on raids wat do all us real destro locks know ur obviously a genius to work that SF is the new raiding move and we're all brain dead for not working it out.

Sigh but in all seriousness u used it and ur raidin was great...oh no it wasnt ..... So SF is out dated spell and yes it not useable in raids end of. Also we the hell did i state affic was bad... its the best lock spec for dps i said its not 4 me and that destro is, if u do this http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/ u will see destro hits 4850 dps in raids and ofc affic is 5500-ish now i would get off ur high affic horse and wise up. U didnt know how to play destro,u SF and u failed in ur raid and had to respec, in the end u relised u failed and yet u think u played the spec gud. Plz dont talk ur crap again and sry for this response not being relivant to OP but i had to reply to this guy

Look i trash talk cause ur whole statement was stupid but here if u think SF is gud to use on raids wat do all us real destro locks know ur obviously a genius to work that SF is the new raiding move and we're all brain dead for not working it out.

Sigh but in all seriousness u used it and ur raidin was great...oh no it wasnt ..... So SF is out dated spell and yes it not useable in raids end of. Also we the hell did i state affic was bad... its the best lock spec for dps i said its not 4 me and that destro is, if u do this http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/ u will see destro hits 4850 dps in raids and ofc affic is 5500-ish now i would get off ur high affic horse and wise up. U didnt know how to play destro,u SF and u failed in ur raid and had to respec, in the end u relised u failed and yet u think u played the spec gud. Plz dont talk ur crap again and sry for this response not being relivant to OP but i had to reply to this guy
    You really should pay a visit to EJ forums. You got no arguments behind any of your statements whatsoever. Please keep yourself from posting however, cause its like reading a text msg from a 12 y.o. girl.

Perhaps you could learn a thing or two.

No you didn't say destro was better, but you said it was so close it hurts. 1k dps diff is not close.

You'll also note SimCraft still hasn't been updated to include a 30/41 or 41/30 spec. I'll go talk to him later tonight and see if I can get him to start including those in the sim as well.

Deleted

I just noticed yesterday myself that Nether Protection talent is like a god-mode against Loken; it's proccing 99% of the duration of the fight :P Was lvl 76 and I barely needed any healing during the whole fight

... cause its like reading a text msg from a 12 y.o. girl.
    Actually, I think you are pretty close. His user ID is 'pokemon' spelled backwards... oh the shame. I can stand one or two "u" "ur" "gud" but having it crit that often in a single sentence just hurts. :'(

soul fire does work in raids, but only during a backdrafted bloodlust and you have high crit

Quote Originally Posted by Deox
    soul fire does work in raids, but only during a backdrafted bloodlust and you have high crit
    Which was the exact situation I was refering to. Still should net you around 9 SFs pr BL depending on your haste, but oh my the shard cost is a pain :/

Which was the exact situation I was refering to. Still should net you around 9 SFs pr BL depending on your haste, but oh my the shard cost is a pain :/
    Yeah, but hey 18k-19k crits are worth it lol