Thread: Health funnel

Deleted

Health funnel

I just started a warlock, she's lvl 20 now as demonology because I like the spec, although I think something could be done to give some more dps talents in the lower tree, the only true dps talents untill lvl 25 is 'improved imp'...

I also specced improved health funnel that reduces health loss and damage taken by the affected demon. I had a few ideas for this:

- 1st one: while under the affect of health funnel your demon craves for blood increasing its damage by 15% (after two points)

-2nd one: After using an effective health funnel (when it actually heals) you are left surrounded in a gaze of blood, increasing the effectiveness of your next drain life spell by 30% (not to overpowered at low lvl, and i'm not sure high end raiders would pick up the talent)

those were just some ideas, tell me if you like em, or come up with some of your own.

Re: Health funnel

The idea for the first point I found to be pretty legitimate but the second one was kind of overpowered for pvp because a warlock could health funnel for half a second then begin draining life for 30 percent more with little consequence with well made macros. And generally talents with multiple points in them tend to stack the same thing, unless they are a necessary talent for another talent.

So first point would be like 8 percent more pet damage, second would be 16 and the third if there was one would be 25 percent more pet damage. Which is interesting for further improved health funnel imo.

Deleted

Hm, you have a point on the second idea, might be to good for pvp ( was looking at it from a pve point of view, apologies), maybe just a lower percentage?

I found that while lvling I used drain life instead of shadowbolt to compensate lifetaps, and no downtime.

Yes in PvE it would be fine since I'm sure other spells would still do more damage even with a better drain life and would make for a good leveling talent, but in general talents are geared towards end-game raids and PvP. A lower percentage would be nice, but then might make the talent inadequate. I have a level 23 warlock I work on tiny bits at a time and use drain life instead of shadowbolt as well while my dots tick. I think you'll find that you'll be happier with your drain life ability when you get to be a higher level and have more spell damage. Keep in mind Drain Life is in the affliction tree and that tree has many buffs to drain life already.

Deleted

Pretty solid arguments.

So it seems like the first idea is a good one, I heard blizzard isnt to happy about demonology at the moment, so I thought i'd come up with something.

I'll post it in the official forums.

Ya I believe it could be a good think to tack onto the current talent, perhaps while the demon takes 30 percent less damage it also does 30 percent more damage. This would help negate some of the dps loss a warlock takes while trying to keep their pet up during a fight.

Edit: I went down to Fel Synergy in the warlock tree and saw that locks heal their pet already for damage they do with those 2 points, so later in game improved health funnel doesn't seem legitimate!

Nice suggestions, both of them. The Drain Life thing can easily be exploited though but I'd certainly use it. I don't bolt when farming, I DL or Imm.Aura.

With all the interupting and MS effects the buff to drain life has no impact anyway.
    Ask any warlock who does a lot of arena now how much time they got to drainlife.

So yes, its a nice suggestion and not really OP for pve

Problem w' the channeled spells is just can't use them in pvp. You will get interupted/kick/pummel/etc. To boot you take this giant purple, red, or green arrow and becon any melee to come get the free HK on the other end of it. Of course, the healing MS effects make it even less viable.

If I get space to cast in pvp for dps purposes its frequently a searing pain. If it were a hot and gave the same benefit then we'd have something for pet survival. Wonder if blizz would ever retool fel concentration to something more pvp'ish ala mages interupt/silence skill. If it worked on stuns.....
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

And for the PvE. When i was going to solo onyxia i had to spamm HF. I was using my VW, my only choice because the Failguard is to low HP. And when the fight started i used the Voids Suffering and DE. I used 1 DoT, Corruption. After like 15 min my Void had 63k aggro and i had 59. and onyxia had (1090 k from the start) 1050 after 15 min!!!! SO INCREASE THE VOIDS AGGRO OR PUT REDUCED AGGRO BY 50 % WHEN USING HF