Bladed Armor and Toughness

does toughness raise DK attack power thu toughness, i tried it and my AP didnt go up. Someone told me it does. Can someone help me plz

Re: Bladed Armor and Toughness

toughness increases your armor. bladed armor increases AP based on your armor. since toughness gives you higher armor, you will have a higher AP with it and bladed armor vs. just having bladed armor.

toughness does juice up bladed armor, but its not that much of an improvement, even in epics in your dps set its not likely to be worth more then about 70AP at 5 points. not terrible, but not great either
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by shockhorn
    toughness increases your armor. bladed armor increases AP based on your armor. since toughness gives you higher armor, you will have a higher AP with it and bladed armor vs. just having bladed armor.
    i would not be so sure on that it migth be that the AP is counted from base armour and then its multi plied

im not sure but it migth be

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    toughness does juice up bladed armor, but its not that much of an improvement, even in epics in your dps set its not likely to be worth more then about 70AP at 5 points. not terrible, but not great either
    I don't believe it does. Frost Presence doesn't affect AP through Bladed Armor and I vaguely remember being quite disappointed that Toughness did not affect Bladed Armor, either, when I tried it a long time ago.

Could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by killahgrag
    I don't believe it does. Frost Presence doesn't affect AP through Bladed Armor and I vaguely remember being quite disappointed that Toughness did not affect Bladed Armor, either, when I tried it a long time ago.

Could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time.
    frost presance actually does effect your AP through bladed armor, it just takes about 30 seconds or so for the update to show
    all hail king frost strike

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

frost presance actually does effect your AP through bladed armor, it just takes about 30 seconds or so for the update to show
    Well that's good to know. Notice I'm still working on leveling (also logged out in my DPS gear).

I'm backing this statement up as well. I've seen it change if you patiently wait for the update.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    I'm backing this statement up as well. I've seen it change if you patiently wait for the update.
    So obviously the trick is to have frost presence on as the tank pulls and then immidiately switch to retain that ap boost... or something