Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: so what race (horde)

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    i rolled undead ... cause i dont have an undead character ???
    thats wat i did!
    i dont regret it

Orc is easily the best PvE dps. You could argue that the expertise is win for tanking as well.

I picked BE because I didn't have one, and I liked the look.

Male or Female Orc, I find them the best.

They have great combat moves, really smashing, slicing and cutting in to Flesh.

I have a Female Orc DK myself, and I don't regret it....She's a freaking Amazon!
    Lv. 80 Death Knight Orc - Ragnaros
    Lv. 80 Warrior Undead - Ragnaros

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktopuss
    Also please dont go Blood Elf. Horde is already 60% Belf as it is.
    have you ever considered as to why??? think of all the horde guys with pala's; belfs are only race they can choose

All my horde characters are UD (i just like them and they look for me the best, ok i had tauren once but druids can't be UD () so is my DK

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    Orc is easily the best PvE dps. You could argue that the expertise is win for tanking as well.

I picked BE because I didn't have one, and I liked the look.
    Did they change the orc racial from a static +AP to a % one? Because when I was still raiding with my troll rogue in TBC, the troll racial beat the orc racial by far when it came to dpsing. And seeing as DKs dualwield when DPSing too, I'd say the troll racial is still very good, if not better than the orc one. Plus trolls reek of style.

Anyway, my DK is a male bloodelf. Why?

- I have an undead priestess and a troll rogue already
    - Plate on undead looks rediculous
    - Plate on female chars, especially BE, looks rediculous
    - BE racial is sweet for PVP (not as good as WOTF though, but see point 2)
    - Plate looks sweet on male BE chars
    - Belfs are most akin to humans from the horde races. It has that "man against monster" feel when you tank a big bad demon with a "lowly" humanoid. With a tauren/orc it's more like monster against monster.

So, I am a male Belf with black saiyajin hair tanking with a big twohanded sword. I am called Gattsu.

Kudos to whoever gets the reference.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    - Plate on undead looks rediculous
    i like how does plate look on UD, imo best looking plate in game, but it's metter of taste.

15+ Year Old Account

for racials alone its orc's with no competition.

expertise for dps/tanking and they have a pet racial that effects your ghouls dps. Awesome for DW as a frost/unholy hybrid because my DK does as much dmg as me at lvl 71.

I went with the look.
    I like how the gear looks like on Male Blood Elf and they look good on most mounts.
    I'm a DPS death knight (Never had any plans for what type off DK I would play) and Belf might not be the best choice racial wise but at least im satisfied with how he looks and that's the most important thing.

So go with the one you like, you are gonna stare many hours on that character so choosing a race that you don't like the looks off is just wrong.
    If Trolls had shoes I would maybe have chosen a troll instead but.

It is really up to which you like the look of most. Slightly better racials don't help if you get bored with the look of your character and cant stand to play them any more.

From a PVE perspective, Orc for DPS, Blood Elf for tanking. Orcs get the expertise racial and Bloodlust, very nice for DPs, while blood elves get 2% resist to all magic and a way to get extra RP off the global cooldown.

Tauren get extra health, but it is 5% of base mana now, so not as useful as it once was.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

my troll be bringen dahoodoo mon

seriosly, thats his name. dahoodoo
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Did they change the orc racial from a static +AP to a % one? Because when I was still raiding with my troll rogue in TBC, the troll racial beat the orc racial by far when it came to dpsing. And seeing as DKs dualwield when DPSing too, I'd say the troll racial is still very good, if not better than the orc one. Plus trolls reek of style.
    In TBC, it was different. Trolls racial is health dependent and grants haste. The health scaling means you're screwed for a blood spec and haste is really bad for DK. Orc racials had their negative aspect removed (the MS effect) on top of pet damage and expertise bonuses. Some of the best weapons for DKs are axes on top of being a semi-pet class.

There may have been small exceptions when trolls topped orcs in TBC (possibly rogues) but for a DK it's completely in favor of orcs.