PvE tank gear in PvP-does it work?

Of course PvE tanking gear will not lead to optimum PvP result. However, when switching some gear pieces around, and maybe adjusting some talent points, how well do you expect a PvE tank to do in PvP?
    The thing is, I have never rolled a tank before. But I'm horribly lazy at picking up multiple full sets of gear, so I'm hoping that at least as a tank, I should be able to do decently in PvP with 1 and a half gear set.
    So what do you guys think? (I'm not serious about PvP. I do them to break the monotony a bit, some BGs, never really into arena).
    Thanks.

Re: PvE tank gear in PvP-does it work?

imo no. Came across several double prot teams easy to defend against and what not.

SS

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...608_181935.jpg

29k health AFTER he dispelled bloody kings.... <,<
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

in my experience yes
    im a DK tough

i outlast pretty much everything (DK OPNESS ftww)
    went up 1vs2 vs protwar+enhance shammy, and won by just dotting up and staying in my death and decay circle
    NERF

kinda depends on your class. but tanking gear is inferior to pvp gear.

Will tanking gear provide better defense against players than PvP gears? It certainly lacks resilience, but it seems to make up for that with plenty of avoidance stats. Does this mean they will be able to take the burst in PvP? Or will they just get nuked to death by magic/range damage?
    The damage is ..I really don't know. All tanking classes (at least the plate ones) prioritize STR in their gears, whether this be for block value or parry (DK). So I would suppose their damage to at least be decent. I know that PvE tank's damage comes more from AoEing, but the number they put out is quite ridiculously high. And considering PvP gear generally has lower damage than PvE DPS gears, does this mean PvE tanks will have "competitive" (I mean like 80%, maybe) damage of their PvP geared cousins?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

+defense items arent reducing crit-damage or crit-chance in PVP so go figure

otherway the tank gear is np?