Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: US Maintenance, 3.0.8 Icons, Blue Posts

indeed... I mean, that guy posted, GC came and thats it, hes probably the ceo's son or something rofl

Stroppe

Explosive shot may be toned down again...*sigh* sometimes you have to wonder...
    But still, in raids, using explosiv shot is dependant on the proc of L&L, which on bosses who are imune to freezing arrow and require you to step in melee range to lay down 1 of the boss-effective traps, means a hunter can only proc L&L with the sting... Which makes for a HUDGE dps loss.

Explosiv shot, and SV as it is, is a pvp spec that brings utility and requires a hunter to play with skill, where he has NO bestial wrath to go immune to any CC. What SV really needs, is to be able to put out admirable dmg. So that the hard-to-get range can be used to pose a threath, as well as to be able to actually "kill" something when defending.
    Explosiv shot is not realy the answer now, and sounded like a good start in ptr, but if it's toned down again, all the utility SV has won't make up for the low dmg and even lower survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizenji
    "Mr. Gargoyle is overpowered. His damage will be going down"
    because a hunter pet hasn't been soloing casters since tbc without coldown and without talents , clearly this nerf . makes sense
    Tell you what, when a hunter 2 shot's a DK, while a DK uses up his full arsenall of skills and a hunter is STILL alive and on a killing spree, THEN we can compare pets...

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    No, he admits that there is going to be consternation about it. Saying he knows players will QQ about perceived issues is not the same as saying he thinks there will be issues. I mean, you are crying about it already and it hasn't even arrived ...
    Betweeeeeen the lines. You don't pre-empt a "maybe".
    Ever squish your face on a window?
    It looks funny. Ever got it stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Magadansky
    Yea definitely. We did Naxx last time with 1 priest in the raid. Better not push that envelope too hard. Don't want to go back to actually needing certain classes in the raid since that was so horrible and all.
    Use youre imagination. 2 Priests is NOT mandetory. you can off tank some adds and use 1 priest to MC. It works fine, its ONE way we do it. Or... get even more imaginative: Use mages. Yes... you can Spell Steal bone armor. Its been done. I dont believe anything in the game is MANDETORY other than you have to have tanks/healers/dps, even that is debateable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizenji
    "Mr. Gargoyle is overpowered. His damage will be going down"
    because a hunter pet hasn't been soloing casters since tbc without coldown and without talents , clearly this nerf . makes sense
    But you are forgetting that a Hunter Pet is a default class attribute..

And a DK gargoyle is just meant as a gimmick or small DPS increase..

Or as a the demonform "Oh!! Shit" button... for warlocks..
    I mean, does Demonform really do jack shit? Do you know any warlocks that use it?
    Or better yet.. have you ever seen a warlock go Rawr, Illidan demonform in a naxx raid?
    I.. didn't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Samba
    Use youre imagination. 2 Priests is NOT mandetory. you can off tank some adds and use 1 priest to MC. It works fine, its ONE way we do it. Or... get even more imaginative: Use mages. Yes... you can Spell Steal bone armor. Its been done. I dont believe anything in the game is MANDETORY other than you have to have tanks/healers/dps, even that is debateable.
    Speal Stealing the Bone Armour was hot-fixed due to a video on YouTube of a mage soloing Militant Quarter

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SkicDB
    But you are forgetting that a Hunter Pet is a default class attribute..

And a DK gargoyle is just meant as a gimmick or small DPS increase..

Or as a the demonform "Oh!! Shit" button... for warlocks..
    I mean, does Demonform really do jack shit? Do you know any warlocks that use it?
    Or better yet.. have you ever seen a warlock go Rawr, Illidan demonform in a naxx raid?
    I.. didn't think so...
    Please show me a blue post saying that the gargoyle is supposed to be a gimmick? I thought so, because you haven't.

The gargoyle has a 3 min CD and requires you to keep you runic power high for the duration which means that you won’t be casting many death coils during that time. In my gear the gargoyle hits for like 1200-1300 and how the hell is that overpowered? It's not easy to keep him up for long either because of all the cc and other things hitting you that makes it hard to keep the runic power up.

Now let’s see about arcane mages; AP + PoM every 2 mins in addition to the normal AB spamming and mirror images that does a lot more damage than the gargoyle ever did. If they are frost they have yet another pet with lower CD, at least the same damage, and on shorter CD. How come this is ok?

The gargoyle helps us every now and then mostly to put pressure against a healer but other than that it's far from game breaking; especially when you compare the burst CDs of other classes.

Also remember that unholy DKs have the lowest burst of the 3 specs anyway.
    I have zero faith in the devs anymore; they just seem to throw a dice now days when they want to nerf something.

Last night in arena 2v2, me and my feral druid buddy faced 2 frost mages with 6 mirrors and 2 WEs out. Thats 8 pets in additon to the mages. Nothing you can do there, my amz was gone in a few secs, my buddy was insta gibbed and me shortly after.

Do I whine on the forums about mage nerfs becasue of this? Hell no, it's just one of those freak things that happens and 2v2 is just lolz anyway at times.

And people whine about a gargoyle, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerooCool
    Finally DK's will not be OP anymore...the current IBF,BS and gargoyle are damn op ...I'm really glad that they noticed them and will be toned down ...GG blizz
    Damn I can hardly w8 4 the next patch 8) 8) 8)
    You must be one of those ret paladins who cry "THE DK BEAT ME UP" because the dk was smart enough to silence you and summon his temporary pet... o wait its the Unholy you have trouble with, cmon gargoyle is alot less of an issue than having to kill a ret pally twice cause they cant beat your dk tank... stupid LoH i hate that lol

Quote Originally Posted by DizRupT
    Speal Stealing the Bone Armour was hot-fixed due to a video on YouTube of a mage soloing Militant Quarter
    can someone confirm this. cuz that sucks. The point of my post though wasnt about spell stealing, it was about being creative and adapting. Use your imagination to get the job done.

Where is Jessica Sellers? Also is that live for US Servers or only Europe?