Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.0.8 not going live today

I play on mannoroth, one of the oldest german servers, battlegroup blutsturm(the biggest one) and cant say to have encountert big problems

Quote Originally Posted by Odmanex
    idd, some of us that are done with everything, but i dont think uldar is gonna take that much time. Making naxx didnt take that much time just abit changes , so they had alot more time for Uldar
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...l&n=Colaboksen

hey look, i found stuff you're not done with yet.

you're welcome.

At the European login-screen only a "normal" maintenance from 5am to 11am is announced.

So there will no patch this week definetly!

Let's wait another week!

greetings
    Grinhorn

Quote Originally Posted by Grinhorn
    At the European login-screen only a "normal" mainteance from 5am to 11am is announced.

So there will ne patch this week definetly!

Let's wait another week!

greetings
    Grinhorn
    What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

Quote Originally Posted by Roger
    What?
    Is my English so bad? (sorry about that)

I play on European Server. When I log into the game there is on the left side a window, where news are posted e.g. Servermigration or maintenance announcements. And the upcomng maintenance this week is from 5am to 11 am, wich means no extended mainteance (wich would be 3am to 11am).

So the patch is not going to come to live servers this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Oh and yeah I really don't like that blizzard depends on the players to do so much testing..
    If you have a better method of testing something with millions of variables (a.k.a. players) apart from just letting them loose in a smaller and more flexible environment, then I suggest you write to blizzard and wait for your medal

Quote Originally Posted by Grinhorn
    Is my English so bad? (sorry about that)

I play on European Server. When I log into the game there is on the left side a window, where news are posted e.g. Servermigration or maintenance announcements. And the upcomng maintenance this week is from 5am to 11 am, wich means no extended maintenance (wich would be 3am to 11am).

So the patch is not going to come to live servers this week.
    Speaking for the US servers we had a memo last night that our maintenance would start at 3am PST, and finish app. 11am PST. Does this mean we are getting it today?..Who knows. When I saw it state that it would start at 3am instead of 5am I got my hopes up, but as we all know what they post and what happens is not always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    when i heard about 3.0.8 for the first time i just dinged revered with Sons of Hodir and i was all excited about using Relic of Ulduar to raise ur rep with them

too bad im exalted already

true that... could they not just what do you call it? quick patch it in? Is it really that hard for them to do that? I will be exalted by the time this patch comes out. :-\

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Awwww I was really excited to watch druids strip mine basin before anyone else got a chance.

What kills me about blizzard is the way they do things.

2 months now, the elemental shaman has been struggling to not be at the bottom of a damage meter during a boss fight.
    2 months now, Hunters have been ridiculously overpowered in pve.
    Still no patch.

Last week, someone discovers that using a pair of vendor sold axes with FB/FT combo does really high damage because of a programming error, and within 48 hours it's hotfixed.

Last week a video comes out of a mage soloing the Military Quarter of Naxx, using spellsteal on their bone shield to absorb, then deal out insanely high damage, and within 48 hours it's hotfixed.

I wish Blizzard would get off their asses as fast to fix things that they've known about for months.

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    They do you stupid scum. They already know about lots of things. but some are easily fixed server side things and some absolutely needs a patch.

Patching and hot fixing something on their side is IMMENSELY DIFFERENT. They can't just release patches like that.
    Man someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning. He has a legitimate reason for being angry. We all do.

This patch is taking far too long because they keep tagging extra crap onto it. Release the stuff that is already tested, IE stuff that was on the PTR in the very beginning and put this other stuff with the next patch. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    They do you stupid scum. They already know about lots of things. but some are easily fixed server side things and some absolutely needs a patch.

Patching and hot fixing something on their side is IMMENSELY DIFFERENT. They can't just release patches like that.
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Reldraw
    Man someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning. He has a legitimate reason for being angry. We all do.

This patch is taking far too long because they keep tagging extra crap onto it. Release the stuff that is already tested, IE stuff that was on the PTR in the very beginning and put this other stuff with the next patch. Sheesh.

I generally don't complain or get upset but I have to agree...I have been looking forward to this patch for so long ...they really need to release the stuff that has been on the ptr for a while...such as the shammy changes..

This work of art was made by Paz.

Quote Originally Posted by Orin
    heh, pretty sucky Blizzard actually has to PTR test their own product instead of relying on unpaid players...
    Maybe the PTR is empty because players are sick of having to test Blizzard's content on the PTR then again on the actual game. They are always changing things, fixing bugs, and "improving" the game the next patch, so basically we test the changes when they go live anyways.

It seems to me that the WoW world is starting to dwindle. It doesn't seem like WotLK was as successful as classic and TBC. Sure they have 11,000,000 players now but that has more to do with marketing than anything else. The just expanded into Latin America and the already market almost exclusively to China. If you look at the actual percentage of population that Blizzard markets to now they are hitting less than 1% of the population of the area they actually market to, and that has dropped from when they first came out.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Asarnarinn
    Also, tell me you did Sanctum with all three drakes up. I doubt it.
    The "reward" for doing it with 3 drakes up is a joke. You get a chance at a novelty mount and a "spiffy" title. That is great for people that actually give a damn about those things, but for anyone that really doesn't give a damn about novelty crap, there is no real incentive to doing OS with 3 drakes up that don't come from having 2 drakes up except maybe bragging rights, and I think the majority of people agree that if the only thing in life you have to brag about is your achievements in WoW then your life must truly suck.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbobsaget
    Because it devalues the gear. Epics become blues of the past so whats the point in being good when you can complete everything in a day with no challenge.

However it is good to hear that blizzard wants to take the Sarth 3 drake design and move forward with it on more content so that will at least push more hardcore guilds to care.
    It doesn't devalue the gear. Lets be honest, this game has never been that difficult. Raiding in WoW comes down to how long you can put up with 24 asshats before wanting to cancel your subscription. TBC (even pre-nerf) had VERY few difficult fights. The gear is about the amount of effort you put into it. It is not about the amount of skill you put into it. Raiding Naxx for 10 weeks to get the item you want makes it pretty damn valuable to you rather you clear Naxx in 10 minutes or 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by monalin
    What some people don't understand is that while changing something as "simple" as the way that warlock summons work could be much more complicated. Anytime a change has to be made or new content has to be added it could require a massive rework to the code that you never even see. In order to change a spell they might need to rework some of the existing code that handles spells. Now obviously this is just an example. The point i'm trying to make is that just because something seems like an "easy fix" doesn't mean its easy at all.
    I never claimed that it was simple. I simply believe we should GET WHAT WE PAY FOR. If your excuse is we don't because its hard then I have to wonder where my money goes. Other people have hard jobs. Cops have hard jobs, should we suddenly hold them to no standards at all because their jobs are to hard? Doctors have hard jobs, should we suddenly let them kill their patients because the job is so hard? I don't think so.

Not to mention the fact that changing one small spell could break 3 more. This is all highly possible and this is the reason patches take so long and the reason that they have a PTR for people to participate in. Theres no way they can re-test every spell and ability combination every time they change something. Thats not to mention once they throw in buffs and glyphs and such into the mix. Blizzard does much of the testing on their own development servers but they release it to the PTR to find a couple of those "hard to find" bugs and they test the stability of their code.
    In a very real sense they are relying on volunteer testers and making money from it. It would be interesting if someone brought a suit against a MMO for that practice yet again. There is no incentive give what-so-ever to actually play on the test realm, so if they plan on having a successful test realm in the future they better start rewarding those testers because the days are coming to an end when any company or even any person could get something for absolutely nothing. If they are counting on love for the game to carry it through then they are sadly counting on the wrong thing.

The "reward" for doing it with 3 drakes up is a joke.
    What would you prefer then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sien
    What would you prefer then?
    This game is about GEAR. You want to make me want to actually bother doing it with 3 drakes up then make some legendary items that come specifically from that encounter. Till then, I'm not going to bother doing it for a stupid title or stupid special mount. I care much more about use value than looks value. As far as doing it for progression, I could give a crap less about progression. If some guild wants to brag about being top on the server then good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    This game is about GEAR.
    I thought it was about having fun. Thats why I play it.