Page 1 of 3
LastLast

simple solution to solve locks PvP problems- "Cloak of Melee"

This is my first post here but I felt I need to say something since I read and read the post about warlocks and pvp and so far I didn’t saw any serious answer about what need to be done, Now to the point :

To solve the problem of warlocks not being such a crap in pvp especially against melee there is a simple thing need to be done – have on the talent tree an option to get ability that give immunity from physical damage (or reduce it to 10 %)for 10-20 sec with a CD of 1-1.5 minute lets call it “Cloak of melee “ it will be exactly like the rogues has “cloak of shadow “ and pally have there bubbles,

I don’t see why every class have escape/immunity option and locs have none- having fear is crap since today all class’s can brake it or have immunity to it due to trinkets and talents, and sine its take to a rogue/DK/ret paly/warrior like 1-2 sec to kill a loc (2-4 sec if the loc have over 700 resl…big deal) and there is no way that a lock can take them down in less then 8-10 sec even with crt , having this “ cloak of mele” as instant cast is a must to keep it balanced ,

Now if blizz don’t want that locks will use it in pve content it is very easy to arrange it- it all depend where on the talent tree they will put it and how many talents point it will cost, I don’t see a single lock that raid give up talent points for this ability in pve if its mean he will lose lots of dps because of it,

This should be a pure pvp talent and I think it should be on the demo or afflict talent tree.

Now this fix is an easy one and there is no reason why blizz wont do it ASAP so locks would be able to become a valid arena players and wont fall back behind on gear buy the time that blizz would finally get there act together and redo the whole lock mechanics.

I apologize in advance if some one else already posted similar idea (I have read a lot of the posts but not ALL of them.
    And I hope that someone in blizz is reading this.

Deleted

Re: simple solution to solve locks PvP problems- "Cloalk of Mele"

Quote Originally Posted by Shamyone
    Then go and post it on the official forums, not on the forum of a fansite.

By the way... It's called "Melee"

And "their"

This is my first post here but I felt I need to say something since I read and read the post about warlocks and pvp and so far I didn’t saw any serious answer about what need to be done, Now to the point :

To solve the problem of warlocks not being such a crap in pvp especially against mele there is a simple thing need to be done – have on the talent tree an option to get ability that give immunity from physical damage (or reduce it to 10 %)for 10-20 sec with a CD of 1-1.5 minute lets call it “Cloak of mele “ it will be exactly like the rogues has “cloak of shadow “ and pally have there bubbles,

I don’t see why every class have escape/immunity option and locs have none- having fear is crap since today all class’s can brake it or have immunity to it due to trinkets and talents, and sine its take to a rogue/DK/ret paly/warrior like 1-2 sec to kill a loc (2-4 sec if the loc have over 700 resl…big deal) and there is no way that a lock can take them down in less then 8-10 sec even with crt , having this “ cloak of mele” as instant cast is a must to keep it balanced ,

Now if blizz don’t want that locks will use it in pve content it is very easy to arrange it- it all depend where on the talent tree they will put it and how many talents point it will cost, I don’t see a single lock that raid give up talent points for this ability in pve if its mean he will lose lots of dps because of it,

This should be a pure pvp talent and I think it should be on the demo or afflict talent tree.

Now this fix is an easy one and there is no reason why blizz wont do it ASAP so locks would be able to become a valid arena players and wont fall back behind on gear buy the time that blizz would finally get there act together and redo the whole lock mechanics.

I apologize in advance if some one else already posted similar idea (I have read a lot of the posts but not ALL of them.
    I lol'd a little.

Your opinions are the result of a very narrow minded view on a small aspect of the game. Rest assured people who actually know what they are doing are in fact doing things.

Also, first post with blatant spelling errors? How hard is it to proof read? I mean really... come on. Grammar Nazi-ism aside, doing absolutely nothing to reduce your mistakes is just stupid. You don't have to try harder. You just have to try.

P.S. This isn't so much a troll response as it is the best response your post deserves. Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

Re: simple solution to solve locks PvP problems- "Cloak of Melee"

its almost 2:30 at night here –I’m tired grammar mistake can happened to anyone especially to ppl that English is not there mother tongue, however I thought that ppl will be on this forum a bit more intelligent and will pay attention to the content and not the grammar, most of WoW players are coming not from English speaking countries , all what matter is that ppl will understand each other good enough to play the game well and enjoy it , there is no point to troll ppl threads with grammar corrections and lols, that doesn’t make the troll better/superior on the person that wrote the thread, its just stupid, I don’t care if someone with very bad English will post here or on any other forum some thing with informative value, as long as I understand him its all good.

its almost 2:30 at night here –I’m tired grammar mistake can happened to anyone especially to ppl that English is not there mother tongue, however I thought that ppl will be on this forum a bit more intelligent and will pay attention to the content and not the grammar, most of WoW players are coming not from English speaking countries , all what matter is that ppl will understand each other good enough to play the game well and enjoy it , there is no point to troll ppl threads with grammar corrections and lols, that doesn’t make the troll better/superior on the person that wrote the thread, its just stupid, I don’t care if someone with very bad English will post here or on any other forum some thing with informative value, as long as I understand him its all good.
    Badly formatted paragraph crits you for 23815.
    You sigh.

lulz.

Read my signature, and rejoice in the fact that you are finally fitting into a crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

I don’t see why every class except Priests have escape/immunity option and locs and Priests have none- having fear is crap since today all class’s can brake it or have immunity to it due to trinkets and talents,
    Fixed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I agree arena is borked right now but for 4 classes who can do well and it needs to be fixed. I also see that blizz is trying to justify its stance rather than fix the problem and one excuse comes up a lot: messing with pvp screws pve. Well that would be the case if they messed up damage as then PvE dam would need to be looked at, but what about utility? What is the common theme about those 4 classes who are statistically very well represented in arena that the other classes do not share? Survivability. Either through offensive, passive or active defensive abilities they survive. What made WLD locks such a pain the butt in S4? survivability.
    Is there a way to fix pvp? yea give the other 5 classes a way to survive and ur golden. Is resilience the answer? not necessarily as it will screw with classes that need it to do damage. are new utility tweaks necessary that wont effect pve much but will effect pvp greatly? YES. will it happen? not likely as it takes work and balancing and balancing isn't something blizz is working on very hard atm in pvp.
    This is a good idea and if OP could be tweaked the very next week to be 80% or 50% or 5s or 2s duration etc. IE-it's a good IDEA that may mean tweaking but I pray this is the route blizz goes instead of just playing with Stam, resil or damage.
    Convictions are greater foes of truth than lies.
    All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
    Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule.
    Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate. You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Something like that sounds good, when you get sapped by a rogue, you know your gonna get cheap shotted, so you know a huge blow is coming, if by chance we can survive there stunlock and deathcoil them (if cd is up) to give us some room, they cloak and then it's gg...all spells will miss for enough time for them to give you a quick dirt nap. Pallies bubble, priest bubble, dk's with anti magic shell, warrs just omgwtfpwnedu....yes we need a new utility but sadly im possitive blizz will not give us one, in fact i don't think there gonna be able to fix us much at all, time will tell. Cheers to the new laughing stock of pvp classes.

Isnt metamorphasis your cloak of melee? In that it severly reduces physical damage done?

The circle and the demon form charge are escapes, aren't they?

A phase shift would help, just like our imp, but maybe let it last 3 seconds or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobimus
    The circle and the demon form charge are escapes, aren't they?
    How is a charge an escape? and the portal is only an escape when you're not CCd and are standing still at close range to it. also, it is quite stupid to have an escape as a 51 point talent in demo...

I don’t see why every class have escape/immunity
    Woah! Hold up. Did I miss my spot in line when "every" other class got one of these when Shamans were up? You have CC. Practice it and use it well, then STFU!

You got Tremor totem.

Degiance

I can only agree that warlocks need protection againts melee.
    I mean nothing too imba but something that gives them a actual fighting chance.
    You can beat a champ and chump lock while having a drink which almost kinda opposite what you needed to do before.
    Almost all other classes have a get out a jail free card. Specialy human mages.

you should put up an requirement for users on this forum tbh.

- Decent engelish 'skills'.
    - IQ above 50.

This thread makes 0 sense, and there won't ever come a reasonable discussion out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by nexz
    you should put up an requirement for users on this forum tbh.

- Decent engelish 'skills'.
    - IQ above 50.

This thread makes 0 sense, and there won't ever come a reasonable discussion out of this.
    This made me lol so hard
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

I don't understand some people, do you want warlocks to be more viable in pvp or to be invincible in pvp ?
    {broken sig link}

I think people just want rogues to lose stealth all together if we dont Cheap shot we garrote then your crying about the silence, and if we dont use them we ambush and you cry because you lose a chunk of health. Imo blizzard screwed themselves with arenas, they need to go back and focus on BGs and World pvp. Arenas bring an over excessive amount of unhealthy competition and QQing to the game that overall no one gives a shit about what others are QQing about.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.