Glyph of Shadowweaving

Glyph of Shadowweaving
    Minor Glyph
    Your shadowspells cause you to gain 3 stacks of shadowweaving on every cast.

Basicly the same as Glyph of scortch.

It is just stupid to have to do crappy dps at the start of a boss fight just because you need 5 stacks of SW before you can apply sw: pain.

/rant

Re: Glyph of Shadowweaving

You can just use it at the start, and then when you have five stacks pop a trinket and cast it again. It will gain the spellpower of the trinket and because it is constantly refreshed it will stay that way. And all it costs is one GCD and a little mana.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by 3OfDiamonds
    hes asking for it to be implemented, its not ingame and might never be, its just a suggestion.
    Ah yes i could've made that a bit clearer in the OP, sorry about that.

Yes it's a suggestion, as it is now a penalty to cast it too early as you'll have to refresh it at the somewhat high mana cost.

as soon as your trinket dissipates and you refresh it, it adjusts to your current spell power.
    Don't think so. Otherwise why would you always get the "a more powerful spell is already active" message when trying to recast it, hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Don't think so. Otherwise why would you always get the "a more powerful spell is already active" message when trying to recast it, hmm?
    Its a bug. I've hopped into a spark on malygos and it has said that for me so I have to wait for it to fall off.

The idea is VERY good, specially after SW will only grant 1 stack, forcing us to Mind Flay in the initial rotation before SW:P.

But it's going to be a Major Glyph.

There's no way I would take that as a major glyph.

Putress

If Shadow Word: Pain refreshes, cant it then refresh to have Shadow Weavingx5?

If I recall my previous testing correctly... If you roll a SW:P at the start, get 5 stacks, and pop a trinket, it will refresh with the trinketed + 5 stacks damage, and once the trinket wears off, refresh with 5 stacks damage. So popping it early and trinket overwriting it is an option.

I need to go back and play with this again at some point, though. I didn't write it all down and forgot most of how this bug works. <_<

The problem with doing that is you waste 900 mana for 1 tick. It's way to expensive, and not very smart.

Blizzard need to rethink this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    The problem with doing that is you waste 900 mana for 1 tick. It's way to expensive, and not very smart.
    More importantly, you're wasting a GCD for one tick.

I'd much rather see a glyph for pvp shadow, like make shadowweaving be put on the target again. Pain in the ass to go oom 15 seconds into the game (Assuming you weren't already killed, which you probably were).

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Does this still happen????

I reported it early in beta and I thought they would fix it

greenmasheen

refreshing ANY spell will not cause it to stay at its original power level (over how much?) this was fixed early on in TBC because druids thought it was fun to go loco with trinkets and keep lifebloom rolling for 2200/sec.

as soon as your trinket dissipates and you refresh it, it adjusts to your current spell power.
    i think i read on EJ that mind flay refreshing pain kept it at its original power level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia

Blizzard need to rethink this.
    I don't think you get what I'm saying... if I remember my testing right, if you cast SW:P with 0 stacks of SW, then get to 5 stacks, pop a trinket and Mind Flay, it will adjust to trinket + 5 stacks of SW damage, then when the trinket wears off and you Mind Flay again, it adjusts to 5 stacks of SW damage. You never recast SW:P. So you're not wasting any mana by casting it once, but it will tick weaker once or twice before you get 5 stacks and trinket, but its still damage. So it might be something safe to cast as you're running into position.

Granted, this means that everyone that wants to do this would have to rock around with an "On Use: +SP" trinket just to work around Blizzard's bug.

I think this is NOT true... if you cast your sw: pain at the start with 0 stacks of SW and dont re-cast it once you reach 5 stacks, you'll loose a lot of dps. It refreshes the timer but it doesnt reset the " spellpower buff" right now.

Try this:
    Stack 5 stacks of sw
    cast sw: pain
    pop trinket
    cast sw: pain
    Make sure not to have imp spirit tap up at any time
    You will see: A more powerfull spell is already active

Atm i'm not logged in WoW but i'm pretty sure this is how it works. Can any1 confirm?

I lied. Even after trinketing, Shadow Weaving was never taken into effect. Soooo... yeah. Don't cast it until you have 5 stacks, period. <_<