They need to do something about Mixology

They need to address mixology. Not that i dont like that fact that your elixirs and flask last twice as long, needs to be addressed. Other class are getting ap bonuses and bonus sockets to increase DPS and hit rating but Alchemist is really just getting a money saver for themselves. Honestly i think it would be better if you could take 2 gaurdian OR 2 battle elixirs at the same time. It would get expensive for a wiping raid but still would make for alot better increase as far as DPS/healing/tanking goes. Think about stacking Agi and Crit elixir at the same time. Thats about equal to the 114 ap to bracers or the enchants to the rings you can do. Its just an idea to make Alchemy a little better. Its not broken by any means, mixology is great i think it just deserves more.

Re: They need to do something about Mixology

It's not only the duration thats increased.

You do realize that mixology also gives you additional benefit from any flask or elixir you can make right? Along with the alchemist stones if you really want more bang for your buck from potions.

It may not say it in the tooltip of your buffs, but you're getting an increased benefit from elixirs and flasks that you can make.

For example, Flask of Endless Rage gives my warrior around 250 ap rather than the normal 180.

I agree...AP flasks should grant extra AP when taken by an alchemist...oh wait...you mean they do?

They do if you know how to make them. This is important because you can't just take Alchemy and expect to get the bonus. You have to put time into it to make the benefit known. After that, you get the relative bonus to stats taht most of the other professions provide, but it's much more flexible (since you can change flasks or elixirs from raid to raid) and saves you some cash because of the duration increase.

I'm dropping mining on my JC Shammy to take up alchemy since I get bored of farming for mining nodes quick and I raid. The savings from a double duration flask alone is worth it.

Correct me if i'm wrong but how i know it is that once you can make the Flask/Elixir
    Mixology will buff:
    Flask with double duration and 50% more spell/ap/mp5 etc
    Elixir with double duration and 25% more spell/ap/mp5 etc

I for myself think that this is enough^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tawara
    Mixology will buff:
    Flask with double duration and 50% more spell/ap/mp5 etc
    Elixir with double duration and 25% more spell/ap/mp5 etc
    wrong Flask of the Frost Wyrm only increases it's effect by ~30%

Whether it's a small benefit or not, I do think a 4hour flask is pretty damn awesome.
    The amount of added benefit from Mixology seems to be different for each Flask/Elixir or whatever.

taking a flask of the frost wyrm with mixology gives you an additional 37 spell power over the normal 125 (167 spell power) it wont show on your tool tip as someone above said,but if you look at your character sheet and subtract the flasked spell power you have from what you have unflasked you will see the differance. basically every profession will add roughly the same ammount of bonus effect 38 spell power from ring enchants,39 extra spell power from inscription only shoulder enchants compared to the sons of hodir ones.mixology is one of the better ones,not only does it provide the same ammount of damage as the other ones,but it saves you one flask a night ,over an entire raid season that is a huge ammount of time saved from matt farming or doing dailies