Thread: Sartharion+add

Sartharion+add

Since Sartharion is too easy to even make me look at the screen while fighting I've been thinking to start running it with adds, starting with one ofc...
    But then is comes the big question: Which add?
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Re: Sartharion+add

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    Since Sartharion is too easy to even make me look at the screen while fighting I've been thinking to start running it with adds, starting with one ofc...
    But then is comes the big question: Which add?
    Vesperon IS:
    Spawns a portal leaving a debuff on the group that causes damage when damaging him. All DPS and 1 healer and 1 tank should go through and kill acolyte.
    Leaving this drake up reduces the health of your raid by 25% for the Sartharion encounter.

So u dont have to worry about anything. Just kill the add when he lands and aoe adds after he is dead.

well the problem is he lands the latest, leaving us with the -25%hp for a full 2 minutes...
    The man they call Alan

Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

And? You don't have to worry about anything at all during these two minutes.. Unless you guys let mages tank the blazes you shouldn't have a problem. If you do have a problem, you should probably do more non-add kills.

Vesperon IS the easiest one to keep alive. Tenebron makes it kinda messy with all the adds and Shadron makes it harder to keep your tank alive. Fire Breaths with the debuff hurt, I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos
    And? You don't have to worry about anything at all during these two minutes.. Unless you guys let mages tank the blazes you shouldn't have a problem. If you do have a problem, you should probably do more non-add kills.

Vesperon IS the easiest one to keep alive. Tenebron makes it kinda messy with all the adds and Shadron makes it harder to keep your tank alive. Fire Breaths with the debuff hurt, I tell you.
    haven't tried it yet so don't know if we have a problem...but you might be right, should be the best...was just thinking tenebron because i'm a hunter and have no problem keeping up my part of the egg nuking ...
    The man they call Alan

We did Tenebron first. Joins early. Don't enter the portal, just let the eggs hatch and AoE the spawns down with the fire elementals. Keep a few melee (ones that lose DPS by switching targets) on Tenebron.

well the problem is he lands the latest, leaving us with the -25%hp for a full 2 minutes...
    until he lands its just the normal avoid flame wall and tank/kill adds. the -25% hp isnt a problem unless your tanks have very low hp.

Its when he lands that it gets hard - you get random shadow fissures on the floor which can be hard to see as they are red and so is the floor. People (particularly healers for us) will die quite often as they notice them too late and move out too slowly.

Some people say Tenebron is easier (with +100% shadow fire damage from lava walls + adds) and he is first to land, but I've not tried him.

I find tenebron to be the easiest

alright, something for me to think about then...i have a feeling i will have some quite nice aoe in my group so tenebron no portalrun will most certainly be a good option... incase of vesperon: i've read that anyone can tank the disciple, and i don't want to gimp our dps by bringing a third tank soooo: can a gorriladin tank it and would one healer for it be enough???and can one good healer keep up both mt and ot???
    The man they call Alan

we had most success by ignoring the portal, at least until vesperon was dead. that way we could nuke vesperon down really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by frankster
    until he lands its just the normal avoid flame wall and tank/kill adds. the -25% hp isnt a problem unless your tanks have very low hp.

Its when he lands that it gets hard - you get random shadow fissures on the floor which can be hard to see as they are red and so is the floor. People (particularly healers for us) will die quite often as they notice them too late and move out too slowly.

Some people say Tenebron is easier (with +100% shadow damage from lava walls + adds) and he is first to land, but I've not tried him.
    Surprisingly the LAVA and the adds do fire damage not shadow...so the only problem with tenebron is a few adds and the void zones one shot you.

Our raid group after Kel'thuzard 25 was killed had about 1.5 hours spare so we went to do it with tenebron up and rofl 1 shotted him. Easiest one tbh as you can ignore the portals.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Surprisingly the LAVA and the adds do fire damage not shadow...so the only problem with tenebron is a few adds and the void zones one shot you.

Our raid group after Kel'thuzard 25 was killed had about 1.5 hours spare so we went to do it with tenebron up and rofl 1 shotted him. Easiest one tbh as you can ignore the portals.
    but is it possible 10man too???
    The man they call Alan

Sarth0D is a complete joke.
    Sarth1D is also a complete joke.
    Sarth2D is relatively easy, as long as you can kill Tenebron before Vesperon lands (90 Seconds, not really hard).
    Sarth3D is ok in 25 and brutal in 10.

but is it possible 10man too???
    We did Tenebron 1D with the same tactic on 25-man and 10-man. Works.

Quote Originally Posted by sayessa
    Sarth0D is a complete joke.
    Sarth1D is also a complete joke.
    Sarth2D is relatively easy, as long as you can kill Tenebron before Vesperon lands (90 Seconds, not really hard).
    Sarth3D is ok in 25 and brutal in 10.
    Not sure that answers the question asked, but thanks for your valuable input

Quote Originally Posted by Turicus
    We did Tenebron 1D with the same tactic on 25-man and 10-man. Works.
    what setup is that for 10man then???2tanks 3healers???
    The man they call Alan

I have done both 10man and 25man with 3 drakes alive and leaving Tenebron up if you do just one add is easiest. In 10man just put your drake tank to tank him in "whelp cave" (place were those whelp spawn since they always spawn on same place) and kill him, it doesnt require any portal jumping at all and in 25man just get one or 2 tanks to tank all lava blazes and whelps while on tank tanks Tenebron.

Maybe in next week when you leave 2 drakes left, kill shadron it gives more time to finish Tenebron before Vesperon lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    I have done both 10man and 25man with 3 drakes alive and leaving Tenebron up if you do just one add is easiest. In 10man just put your drake tank to tank him in "whelp cave" (place were those whelp spawn since they always spawn on same place) and kill him, it doesnt require any portal jumping at all and in 25man just get one or 2 tanks to tank all lava blazes and whelps while on tank tanks Tenebron.

Maybe in next week when you leave 2 drakes left, kill shadron it gives more time to finish Tenebron before Vesperon lands.
    whelp cave, where is that???
    The man they call Alan