Thread: One shot Mining

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: One shot Mining

Quote Originally Posted by moongleam
    dont like it.
    I often play with a friend that is also a miner, its nice to both get a skill up from the nodes while we level.
    it works out because she is a smith and I'm a JC, so we dont have a lot of overlapping needs.
    You can still do that. Just you both hit the mine, but don't take any of the yield. Don't "auto" loot the nodes.

I like 25-30g prices, when gems are still going hot for 60-120g

That's a great change. However i don't think it will change ore prices so much, maybe they'll lower a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    What about skinning?
    Should depend on the size of the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77
    Seriously, why the hell do skinners still have to deal with scraps in Northrend?
    Because you're skinning in the extreme cold with new monsters, something is bound to not make sense :P

why is everyone saying prices will go down? blizz is just making it so one tap = all 2-5 taps you would've done. all it's doing is speeding up the process by 6-10 seconds per node.

Quote Originally Posted by zalz

As it stands now, we can't go much lower with the prices, so i doubt we will see a loss in profit. The only thing that really makes some serious gold is finding a titanium vein, or just using your titansteel each day for 30-40g.
    I find it's far more profitable to use your own titansteel cooldown, and then use someone else's, tossing them 40g, and turning around and selling the two bars for 600g (about what two bars go for on my server)... far better than selling your own cooldown for 40-50g

And what's with all this node ganking? I've never had a node ganked from me.

all i can say to this change is, "Damn, now i cant stop those fcking 77's flying around Sholazar from taking my Titanium!!!!!!"
    It doesn't think, It doesn't feel,
    It doesn't laugh or cry.
    All It does from dusk till dawn,
    Is Make the soldiers die!

Brewer - Daggerspine -> Brewer - Mok'Nathal -> Pshycoteddi - Mok'Nathal -> CØbrakai - Mok'Nathal

I hade node stolen from me today....

...From an alliance player 8 levels lower than me. >

I felt crap (Dam PVE server, Spit+Move on...)

Skinners get lots of skins doing Violet Hold.. We don't get lots of nodes in every instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobies
    why is everyone saying prices will go down? blizz is just making it so one tap = all 2-5 taps you would've done. all it's doing is speeding up the process by 6-10 seconds per node.
    ...... so faster means you can get that much more ore faster. If you can.. then everyone else can. If everyone else can there is ore available faster. Faster means more people will be doing it. If there are more people doing it then there will be more ore "produced". If there is more ore the ore on the AH will have the prices go down.

That is unless someone is always buying them all out and replacing them for higher amounts.

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Moriroken
    This makes me a very happy Miner :

Mining

* Mining veins and deposits no longer require multiple hits to receive all the ore. Players will receive around the same amount of ore, stone, and gems they would have received from multiple hits.
    Sweet, more stuff i can one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcard
    You can still do that. Just you both hit the mine, but don't take any of the yield. Don't "auto" loot the nodes.
    ^what he said.

LoL trolls are lol.

how many times that been pointed out this thread now and rofl @ person who got worked up about it. :P

Whoever said ore is more profitable than Herbalism you must have a LOT of PvP people on your server and not many pve raiding guilds. Lichbloom 100g a stack here.

while a "good" change, thisll make needing to smack that hordie off all the more necessary

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

This will suck when people steal your nodes, but on the other hand, I see this costing way less time, while grinding mats for a specific item. Mine the node --> look for next one. Will save me loads of time, while grinding my blacksmithing on my death knight I think. And once I have mined a node, I won't get annoyed by anyone stealing another mine on it, when I accidentaly agro a mob.

This will go a long way to reduce ninja looters, but won't eliminate them completely for the ones who wait for you to be in a fight an rush past you to get the loot. There's nothing that can be done about those retards though.

who really cares about ninja looters.

fly on to the next node and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Sweet, more stuff i can one shot.
    I LOL'd... hard

This is gona be awesome.. Tons of people will be flying around looting veins ... no more ninjaing.

http://gibletvil.myminicity.com/ Increase my population
    http://gibletvil.myminicity.com/ind Increase my industry

the quantities of ores won't change THAT much if they don't adjust the respawn timers...
    as already pointed out by someone, the change will let the nodes go away faster, the 6-10 sec saved will have people looking for the next ore, and the next, and the next, and, wow, we have all the miners of this region stuck at the same place.

English is not my main language, but I try!